Opinion Next week vs Cowboys

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 DWZ - not long term FB but was very good tonight
2 Cotric - needs to show his worth
3 Schoupp - won’t happen but Hoppa was disgusting
4 Allan - quiet and needs to be better
5 Katoa - not the smartest player but having a dig. All we got really till Okunbor is back
6 Avo
7 Flanagan - wasn’t great but need to show faith
8 Thompson
9 Deitz
10 Hetherington
11 Elliott
12 Waddell
13 Jackson

14 Topine - our version of Tyrone Peachey and plays with so much heart
15 Atoni
16 Seumanufagai - if fit. Ogden isn’t bending the line.
17 Doorey

Sione Katoa and Napa to Cup.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no chance I’d start Dietz based on how Topines going. In any case I don’t think he’s in the top 30 so can’t happen.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Hoppa injured???
Surely you can't go downhill and struggle that bad in one year????

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There will be 2 desperate teams next week, won’t be easy but it will be our best chance at a win

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We fucking win this ONE.!!! Easiest tram we will face this year. Best chance of a victory.
I would still be more comfortable if cowboys pick up a few injuries tomorrow. Nothing major I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone but just niggly injuries to a couple players to miss 1-2 games

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DWZ
Katoa
Allan
Hoppa
Cotric
Avo
Flanno
Thompson
Topine
Atoni
Doorey
Elliott
Jackson

Hetherington
Ogden
Lewis
Waddell

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't see us winning against the Cowboys at their home ground.

I disagree about DWZ as fullback - he failed to read obvious plays where the Storm stacked one side for a kick; and was missing in action when a Storm player chased the ball into the in-goal with no defender to stop them. DWZ should have anticipated this, and been there to diffuse the kicks, but he was caught out every time.

Hopoate had the best set of hands in the game, but the ball dies with him when we have a winger backing up with a chance for a run to the line. He's too slow, and too uninterested. Drop him, and give a youngster the chance to learn in a year when we're going nowhere anyway.

Why don't we chase our kicks? Even if we knock the ball on it makes no difference to the result; but we have a chance of catching it, or forcing a mistake. All we do is stand and wait for them to run 20 metres back to us for the first tackle.

Cowboys will have done their research and identified these weaknesses, which we seem intent not to fix. They will win for sure.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would play Topine centre but I think we can’t coz we have an exemption for him to play hooker right ? Hoppa needs to be dropped. Waddell dropped for Doorey. Napa dropped for Ava. Katoa x2 on stay coz there is simply no one else to take there spots.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For the sake of continuity we have to stick with this spine (1. DWZ 6. Avo 7. Flanno)
Except......9 - drop Katoa and let Topine start because our attack flowed once he came on.

whatev for the rest of the 17

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When reading these lists it really puts things into perspective. We need to do some shopping ASAP for next season.

Addo Carr and Burton wont fix this alone.