New Stadium

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The traffic out their will be horrendous it’s very bad as it is out there my in-laws live out there and most of the times I go out there it’s horrible traffic

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The traffic out their will be horrendous it’s very bad as it is out there my in-laws live out there and most of the times I go out there it’s horrible traffic
Out there

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please do not link to that shitty facebook group. It is run by this absolute knob and all he does is steals content. I have updated the OP to just be a copy paste of the article.
Thanks - sorry bro. I thought the page would have sourced where the article was first published. I should of checked but thanks for changing the OP

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could understand a massive project like this being blocked in a much smaller town, but in a thriving metropolis like Sydney I can't really understand it. Jobs and housing are no doubt needed, and surely the shithole of Liverpool could do with an upgrade right? It's also on or near 2 or even 3 different train lines if im not mistaken, and near the proposed new airport as well yeah? Seems like a great idea to me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If this development is sound. Is funded and planned as well as it appears, it would make the CB Bulldogs a powerhouse with a future assured into the foreseeable future.

Belmore is our spiritual home. Our foundation.

Unfortunately there was not enough political will, Club foresight or planning at the time that could have made a difference to Belmore Oval's future. We missed the boat in securing it's future.

The club has now prepared and made ready a solution to having our own sports oval and facilities well into the 21st century.

We will have a secure continuing income stream. The sky is the limit for the Bulldogs if this development is as it is presented.

We will still have Belmore and a C of E and our Leagues club up the road. The money generated by this Liverpool development will provide funds for any upgrades we can build for Belmore.

It's a no brainer to see the overwhelming benefits to the club in making this happen and supporting it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You might remember I made a poll on this after I had a chat with Aaron Warburton. Liverpool is the best way to go. Imagine a brand new stadium. I would find Liverpool easier to get to than Belmore, especially when it has an airport.

As I said at the time, having our own new Parra style stadium at Liverpool beats sharing Homebush or watching us lose at Belmore sitting in plastic kindy seats and watching replays on a 42” Kogan plasma from Aldi
Yes to all of the above.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I could understand a massive project like this being blocked in a much smaller town, but in a thriving metropolis like Sydney I can't really understand it. Jobs and housing are no doubt needed, and surely the shithole of Liverpool could do with an upgrade right? It's also on or near 2 or even 3 different train lines if im not mistaken, and near the proposed new airport as well yeah? Seems like a great idea to me.
Im pretty sure members of Liverpool council have “interests” in other clubs and retail facilities in liverpool?
This has nothing to do with the city or people of Liverpool and everything to do with protecting their interests.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stadium in Liverpool is a no brainer. Belmore will always be part of the club. The club junior base in the Canterbury-Bankstown district expand around the Liverpool area and beyond. It's a must. If they need to build this project in stages so be it. First stage the Leagues club in Liverpool (like Oasis) stage 2 build the stadium and stage 3 build the apartments/hotels. This is an example how it could be done. I'm all for it. It's the future. Belmore is the clubs heritage and will play one or two games a year the rest at Liverpool.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why would they build a "Centre of excellence" at Belmore, and then move to Liverpool.
Maybe they plan to keep Belmore as a training ground.
I agree. It may well be an investment (don’t forget this is Canterbury Leagues, not the footy club) with potential for games but to spend $40m on a CoE at Belmore then move doesn’t make a lot of sense. Granted a development like this even if approved tomorrow is close to a decade away from being reality.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question:- Who have they got to build this precinct & 45k seat stadium all for just $500m?

It cost f’king $800m to build the new SFS which looks like & seats the same amount as the f’king old SFS just with flashier seats.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. It may well be an investment (don’t forget this is Canterbury Leagues, not the footy club) with potential for games but to spend $40m on a CoE at Belmore then move doesn’t make a lot of sense. Granted a development like this even if approved tomorrow is close to a decade away from being reality.
You would be surprised how quick they go up especially with those dirty grubby hands in the councils

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You fly to the footy?
I know you’re a VIP but that’s overkill :-).
Hahaha. They’d be no reoccurrence of me not drinking because I am driving like the other week