New Stadium

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Or the one I put up before that

Probably should merge all the threads, but I'm too lazy to do it myself. One of the admins could probably do it.
What do you think mate yes or no?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Owning and developing such a huge project should assure the leagues club existence for years to come. Owning your home ground would give the football club a financial advantage taking the gate and not having to pay rent.

This thing should have gone through decades ago and no reason why it should get rejected. It would make Liverpool relevant. It will bring another world class facility to Sydney and put the Liverpool area on the map with facilities that can be used for soccer, rugba league, rugba union and concerts etc. I personally think 45k is overkill. 30k would be boutique enough to give a home crowd advantage without having 3/4 of a stadium empty.

Would also help any future endeavours for fifa world cups and union/league world cups. Could also find a tenant if the A league relegation thing is implemented and a team like Marconi or Sydney Olympic make it up to A league.

Liverpool isn’t too far “out of the area”. It’s just down milperra rd or down the m5. I know it’s a 10 year project but it can’t be viewed as a negative. Fingers crossed something becomes of this to allow a stadium, licensed venue and real estate development to come to fruition.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you think mate yes or no?
I think it will be a yes eventually. Deals like this get blocked because the council thinks it can get more out of it. A deal this big will eventually go ahead regardless because the NSW government will put pressure on the council.

The original deal back in 2015 was for the NSW government to pay for a large part of it. Now they are planning to do it without the government paying anything. The state will put pressure in the council to get it done asap.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or the one I put up before that

Probably should merge all the threads, but I'm too lazy to do it myself. One of the admins could probably do it.
It's an interesting thing that could really make us a on a list of elite clubs, obviously we want to be a strong performing team but this helps in various ways. It's no coincidence Parra is doing well with a new well designed compact stadium and is it me or do they seem to always attract bandwagoners?

Carry on with the big club mentality not rest on our laurels and history, create new history.
When times are tough Bulldogs have the capacity and potential to grow further, give fans a massive boost for something to look forward to. Put us on the international stage, become a destination for tourists and Super league fans wanting to see a Bulldogs match or friendly against one of our many rivals.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the idea of having a stadium and training facility all the way out in Liverpool players these days choose location and where they want to live and work to me making Liverpool stadium to out of reach with our supporters and players Bulldogs always have and always will belong at Belmore end off
Oh nooo players gotta travel 20-30 mins:sob::sob:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's similar to the article/post I put up not long ago.

maybe we have a combined post or forum for Stadium stuff?
Sorry bro - I had a look and didn’t see that one. I don’t create threads that often. Agree that it’s best have in one place.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You might remember I made a poll on this after I had a chat with Aaron Warburton. Liverpool is the best way to go. Imagine a brand new stadium. I would find Liverpool easier to get to than Belmore, especially when it has an airport.

As I said at the time, having our own new Parra style stadium at Liverpool beats sharing Homebush or watching us lose at Belmore sitting in plastic kindy seats and watching replays on a 42” Kogan plasma from Aldi

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You might remember I made a poll on this after I had a chat with Aaron Warburton. Liverpool is the best way to go. Imagine a brand new stadium. I would find Liverpool easier to get to than Belmore, especially when it has an airport.

As I said at the time, having our own new Parra style stadium at Liverpool beats sharing Homebush or watching us lose at Belmore sitting in plastic kindy seats and watching replays on a 42” Kogan plasma from Aldi
I like how the plan is for a bigger stadium than Parra. Liverpool may not be ideal for some but strategically it’s a great move to assure our future and be the club that represents all of SW Sydney.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A New stadium in Liverpool is the future. Also Macarthur FC in A league should Re brand the name and call themselves South West Sydney FC and share the stadium in Liverpool. Would serve more of a purpose to build a stadium in Liverpool and the government to assist with the funding. The stadium would need to be shared with another team likely from a different code.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would they build a "Centre of excellence" at Belmore, and then move to Liverpool.
Maybe they plan to keep Belmore as a training ground.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Owning and developing such a huge project should assure the leagues club existence for years to come. Owning your home ground would give the football club a financial advantage taking the gate and not having to pay rent.

This thing should have gone through decades ago and no reason why it should get rejected. It would make Liverpool relevant. It will bring another world class facility to Sydney and put the Liverpool area on the map with facilities that can be used for soccer, rugba league, rugba union and concerts etc. I personally think 45k is overkill. 30k would be boutique enough to give a home crowd advantage without having 3/4 of a stadium empty.

Would also help any future endeavours for fifa world cups and union/league world cups. Could also find a tenant if the A league relegation thing is implemented and a team like Marconi or Sydney Olympic make it up to A league.

Liverpool isn’t too far “out of the area”. It’s just down milperra rd or down the m5. I know it’s a 10 year project but it can’t be viewed as a negative. Fingers crossed something becomes of this to allow a stadium, licensed venue and real estate development to come to fruition.
I agree - particularly your point about 30k - more than adequate. M5, Milperra Rd, Hume Highway, Cumberland Highway and railway acesss - plus development associated with the new airport.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone is talking up the Parra stadium but it’s in Parra. Not even their star players want to live in Parra.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I would like to say a big F You to Bulldogs 4 Life page for copy pasting this article without sharing a link to the actual article or giving the journalist any credit.

Please do not link to that shitty facebook group. It is run by this absolute knob and all he does is steals content. I have updated the OP to just be a copy paste of the article.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is talking up the Parra stadium but it’s in Parra. Not even their star players want to live in Parra.

I would live in Parra before I lived in Belmore.

I live in the SW now, so I hope this development goes ahead. It would be nice to be near a great stadium again.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they build a "Centre of excellence" at Belmore, and then move to Liverpool.
Maybe they plan to keep Belmore as a training ground.
Centre of Excellence at Belmore will be for immediate future, the stadium will be at least 10yrs off and will probably have its own CofE

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool and Parra yuck!

I am sorry but Belmore is the heart and soul.

They should build a rectangular stadium at Homebush, that would be the best case scenario, the infrastructure for parking and transport is already there.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the idea of having a stadium and training facility all the way out in Liverpool players these days choose location and where they want to live and work to me making Liverpool stadium to out of reach with our supporters and players Bulldogs always have and always will belong at Belmore end off
M7, M5 and many roads to wherever in Sydney. Only 25 to Sutherland, 25 Min to Parramatta, 30 Min to CBD and easy trip to Penrith.. You can say it’s the centre of Sydney