New signing

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another average player added to a team full of average players..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a fantastic signing. He has nrl experience obviously loves Barrett and Barrett loves him. As they seem to follow each other around from club to club. When I say his a fantastic signing I do mean it's for our nsw cup team. He will fit in perfectly in the backrow for nsw cup along with Britt and Stimson. Ffs 2 years ago our squad for 2021 had a grand total of 4 players signed. Now it's been filled with a wooden spoon team and nsw cup players. Great fucking planning by the board. Let me guess next years excuse oohh it's Des and Dibs fault.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand nobody is too excited by this but keep in mind we probably haven’t seen his best yet. Des plays a completely different style to what Baz will play next year and going forward.
And our defence is shit!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will watch him tonight but is he any good

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen him play,so lets see how he goes. But yes agree with many we need some quality spine signings as well as some depth

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This yarn ruffled some feathers at Canterbury... and would you believe it, one of the three Manly players Barrett is keen on just inked a deal with the Bulldogs ‍♀ via @MCarayannis https://t.co/GNpoojx7Ju

Can someone open the link or post it up
Who are the other two manly players Baz wants ?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax guys he would be near minimum wage and with RFM moving to prop and Jackson moving to lock this is a good signing he is underrated he did really will in the lower grades up there with Topine. At least we have the forward pack sorted now I think RFM at prop will impress a few he could be Takakio type easily and have RT partner him with Odgen and Napa off the bench. I don’t think we get a prop until Napa fucks off now our next signings must be spine players and will be surely.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My real concern is the length of this contract, three seasons is craziness in the current climate considering we are looking to rebuild. Signing players like this long term when we already have plodders like Britt and Stimson is baffling.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell is young (23), consistent, good defender. TBaz obviously sees something in him. It is hardly an earth shaking signing, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens with this one. This isn't a big contract signing, its a squad signing, with a bit of hope that the players best performances are in front of him.
Agree this a squad signing but I don't know much about him. Does he play in the middle or on the edge?

Will be interesting to see Barrett's preferred backrow next year. RFM surely has one spot, but Jackson can't play on the edge anymore. He gives us nothing out there, continuously running into dead ends and with no decent offload. He can however stiffen our middle defence, so maybe Barrett will swap Elliott back to an edge? Unless we sign a decent prop, Thompson and RT are probably part of the front row rotation next year, although I'd like to see both given a crack on the edge.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don't think he's as bad as some make out.. he's no superstar granted, but show me the superstars that are off contract this year... Price is the all important factor in this deal.. waddel actually has some decent attributes.. if he can find some consistency, he could be a good buy.. hopefully our new strength and conditioning staff can turn all our players around, because many came to our team with promise and most have regressed..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My real concern is the length of this contract, three seasons is craziness in the current climate considering we are looking to rebuild. Signing players like this long term when we already have plodders like Britt and Stimson is baffling.
If you consider though the likelihood of say Britt and C. Smith not being retained beyond 2021 it makes a bit more sense? It’s just Baz starting to reshape his roster and there will be more to come.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree this a squad signing but I don't know much about him. Does he play in the middle or on the edge?

Will be interesting to see Barrett's preferred backrow next year. RFM surely has one spot, but Jackson can't play on the edge anymore. He gives us nothing out there, continuously running into dead ends and with no decent offload. He can however stiffen our middle defence, so maybe Barrett will swap Elliott back to an edge? Unless we sign a decent prop, Thompson and RT are probably part of the front row rotation next year, although I'd like to see both given a crack on the edge.
I'm pretty sure Waddell was an edge 2nd rower coming through but plays in the middle off the bench in the NRL..

I thought he was a good prospect when he started playing FG. But Des has turned him into a robot like most other players. Hopefully Barrett can get Waddell to show more in attack as he can offload and has skills.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Waddell was an edge 2nd rower coming through but plays in the middle off the bench in the NRL..

I thought he was a good prospect when he started playing FG. But Des has turned him into a robot like most other players. Hopefully Barrett can get Waddell to show more in attack as he can offload and has skills.
Definitely need to scrub the Des stank out of him..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't think he's as bad as some make out.. he's no superstar granted, but show me the superstars that are off contract this year... Price is the all important factor in this deal.. waddel actually has some decent attributes.. if he can find some consistency, he could be a good buy.. hopefully our new strength and conditioning staff can turn all our players around, because many came to our team with promise and most have regressed..
Agree with your assessment. This guy is 24 year old and his footy is ahead of him.
Hes 106kg, can tackle and can run the ball. Also he would be on reasonably small money.
Hes better than C.Smith. He will develop nicely. Good signing.