New signing

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a shit signing, spin it as much as you want but he isn't what we need. We've gone from offering big money to Bateman to signing this...
Bateman was probably worth it. But with a low cost squad signing like this there is more cap space available for a position where we need top class, in the spine, or a prop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bateman was probably worth it. But with a low cost squad signing like this there is more cap space available for a position where we need top class, in the spine, or a prop.
Low cost? We don't know. More than likely we're probably paying overs like we have with all our squad signings. There's better options available if you want a budget type signing, want an edge get host, want a middle get Eisenhuth. Waddel is incredibly average.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Low cost? We don't know. More than likely we're probably paying overs like we have with all our squad signings. There's better options available if you want a budget type signing, want an edge get host, want a middle get Eisenhuth. Waddel is incredibly average.
Eisenhuth is contracted, and Host really would be a backup only. Waddell has a bit more potential to create a little bit of selection pressure.

Of course, neither of us know what he is being paid, or if he is going to sink or swim. Could be as dissapointing as Stimson or trex, could end up being a stalwart tough backrower in the mould of Gillies or Reardon.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't judge players that haven't played for us yet as poor picks. Barrett deserves the chance to build a team he wants. If he thinks Waddell is value for money the signing is going to be part of how he's judged as a coach. Compare this to signing Tony Williams on a huge deal and watching him play like a cat for a long time. It can't be worse than that.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as i don’t understand the signing and want to sign a bloody top shelf hooker I understand there will probably be some stop gap signings to cover for the loss of the dead wood leaving.
At least he will bend the line back more then Jackson does. And id prefer him to Britt and Chris Smith.
But fuck i hope we are seriously out hunting a 9 and also Burton.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waddell is a solid player and has some attacking ability. But it's a position that is the least of our concerns and I don't understand why three years.

I just hope he didn't cost much and they have bigger signings coming and they finally address the spine.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Waddell is a solid player and has some attacking ability. But it's a position that is the least of our concerns and I don't understand why three years.

I just hope he didn't cost much and they have bigger signings coming and they finally address the spine.
More money and longer contracts help us secure players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Three year deals really worked out well for Napa, Chrichton, Cogger etc..

I think Waddell is a decent signing if cheap enough. But two years makes more sense and no one else would have been offering him three.
The things a wooden spoon team has to do to attract players. Ideally we should only be giving three years to top players (or promising players, e.g. Burton) like we've done with Cotric. This signing looks very similar to Stimson.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The things a wooden spoon team has to do to attract players. Ideally we should only be giving three years to top players (or promising players, e.g. Burton) like we've done with Cotric. This signing looks very similar to Stimson.
You do that to attract marquee signings or players plenty of other clubs are chasing. Not for squad players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You do that to attract marquee signings or players plenty of other clubs are chasing. Not for squad players.
Our club/recruitment team is losing in the bargaining then. We're giving these players these contracts because it's the only way for them to agree to joining us (or at least it seems that way).

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve seen a fair bit of eisenhuth,and Waddell is a far better player,host good player but has errors in him,according to a couple of mates who follow the dragons,

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eisenhuth went well tonight.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t be worse then Stimson and Britt can it?

I know our money is quickly running out and we don’t really have much better then we currently do. Hopefully next year we avoid the spoon before having another 3 million next season once hoppa, Napa, Lewis etc come off contract.

And unless nrl reduces the cap and fucks us we should be in the market for a young gun half, fullback or hooker (or all 3).