No Source Napa

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some on the board think that he has breached the clubs code of conduct on the contract he signed by drinking the night before a training session and not showing up to training. The gap between the incident and the meeting I think is designed to give those on the board that want him gone to compile their case before interviewing him.

Anyway this is what I have been told by someone that works in the club, I guess time will tell.
Shit. I missed something here.

What happened with him drinking before training and not then turning up? When did this happen?

In that case, bye bye Napa .... hopefully

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been told that Napa will be lucky if he comes out of his meeting with the Board this week and still has a contract with us.

Few people on the board want him gone.
They would have to sack wakeham ,waddell,katoa and schoupp aswell, they were with him wer'nt they i dont care about any of them other than schoupp he needs to stay the rest can piss off sack em and save some salary cap

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Add Flanno, Allen and Hoppa to that list.
Allan and Elliott are quality - an origin player and future origin player respectively.....you were probably the type of kid who would have sacked your own mothr for leaving the crust on your sandwich. WTF is wrong with you folks? :(

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m suprised this hasn’t got more air time from the fans. When I heard about it I was mega pissed off. We had just lost the game to parra after a shocking 2nd half. They went out after the game and got on the piss. Not shocking I know, but fuck that’s the last thing I want to hear.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good enough for me
We clearly didnt do our due diligence if this is why we sack him though lol
I heard similar too. His future up in the air..isnt the meeting tonight tho?
Shit. I missed something here.

What happened with him drinking before training and not then turning up? When did this happen?

In that case, bye bye Napa .... hopefully
He didn't go to training after the bondi drinking session is the story while the other 4 rocked up

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan and Elliott are quality - an origin player and future origin player respectively.....you were probably the type of kid who would have sacked your own mothr for leaving the crust on your sandwich. WTF is wrong with you folks? :(
Actually I like the crust....so no
Allan only made the origin side because QLD were decimated with injuries.
As for Elliot, I'm sure you'll play Origin one day. Just hang in there. If NSW get 1000 injuries, you're always a chance

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Actually I like the crust....so no
Allan only made the origin side because QLD were decimated with injuries.
As for Elliot, I'm sure you'll play Origin one day. Just hang in there. If NSW get 1000 injuries, you're always a chance
No injuries required, my friend.....just one or two years under a competent coach and he'll be there. Yeah Qld had injuries last year, but Allan also had a fantastic second half of the season and deserved reward for that.....he's much better than Qld's fullback for the first two games this year. Too bad Barrett is a fool who moved him from his preferred position after three games (2 in shocking conditions)

Do you like those bits of bread on the end of the loaf that are all crust on one side? I love those!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cant remember any team naming a player only days after an indiscretion to then be sacked just days before or after the game...
Another example of our pure professionalism
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. Our club has always had their unique way of handling things compared to other clubs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He should have been sacked or at least stood down already. Saints acted straight away. There's really nothing to consider.
And the other aspect I respected was Vaughan fronting up on NRL 360 to face the music and show some contrition to the public, face to face.

That never happens with our club and guys like these 5 and CHN and Ok and Elliott and others.

It often looks like they are aloof and above explaining themselves and the reputational damage they've done to the club and are too weak to face up to their indiscretions with the club pussy footing around protecting them.

Just sayin'

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. Our club has always had their unique way of handling things compared to other clubs.
Can't see him getting the sack after being named. It's a disgrace that we have named him at all especially over an effort player like Topine when we already have two other props on the bench.

Im guessing Barrett is trying to get some size into the team after Manly walked all over us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We clearly didnt do our due diligence if this is why we sack him though lol
I heard similar too. His future up in the air..isnt the meeting tonight tho?

He didn't go to training after the bondi drinking session is the story while the other 4 rocked up
Wow! I didn't know that. Fucking shit bag. Last year of contract and this is how he plays it ...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant remember any team naming a player only days after an indiscretion to then be sacked just days before or after the game...
Another example of our pure professionalism
I think they would have to name him otherwise it does look like they have already made their mind up prior to giving him a fair hearing at the meeting. If naming him prevents any legal loopholes than it’s the complete opposite of unprofessional.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too mate, I would hate to see him still playing footy with us.

He just comes across as a flog who doesn't care.
He probably doesn’t care at all, I’d say his management team have other plans or options already in place.
Let’s face the facts he has made very good money over the years and won’t be loosing any sleep on how to pay the bills.
Klemmer dollars not too shabby

Reactions: ATT

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think they would have to name him otherwise it does look like they have already made their mind up prior to giving him a fair hearing at the meeting. If naming him prevents any legal loopholes than it’s the complete opposite of unprofessional.
Sorry mate cant agree with that. It makes a mockery of the club. Cant see anyway not naming him has a legal repercussion.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate cant agree with that. It makes a mockery of the club. Cant see anyway not naming him has a legal repercussion.
I think it could definitely be the case. The club would be making sure all their ducks were in a row after the CHN and Okonbur thing. Sacking players isn’t as easy as just ripping up the contract.