No Source Napa

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been told that Napa will be lucky if he comes out of his meeting with the Board this week and still has a contract with us.

Few people on the board want him gone.
On what grounds will they sack him thol?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa should never have been signed, however he is now a big problem for the club because his trajectory matches the narrative that we are the place where good players come to see their careers die. It isn't the clubs fault, but it is the clubs problem.

I'd suspect it is at least partly why Napa continues to get game time, to try and get some decent performances out of him to both kill the unfavourable narrative and because the club would be wanting him to get a decent contract somewhere else, even England, just to try and kill off this narrative. Sacking him would be tempting in the sense that it would support the idea that the problem is more with the player, not the club, but it comes with some serious dangers. Unlike the Vaughan matter, it isn't necessarily clear that Napa has dominant role in the indiscretion, and if they are going to fire him the club is going to need to show that this is the case, else they risk their actions backfiring in that it ends up strengthening the narrative that we are the club that kills careers.

Malla

Reaction score
On what grounds will they sack him thol?
Some on the board think that he has breached the clubs code of conduct on the contract he signed by drinking the night before a training session and not showing up to training. The gap between the incident and the meeting I think is designed to give those on the board that want him gone to compile their case before interviewing him.

Anyway this is what I have been told by someone that works in the club, I guess time will tell.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been told that Napa will be lucky if he comes out of his meeting with the Board this week and still has a contract with us.

His been named in the side,ha ha untrue

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Been told, I think most on here know it’s a given! Over paid and underperforming l.. Good guess work!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
this situation is the perfect opportunity for the Dogs to get rid of the dead weight.

We will see if they actually do though, our season is so fucked, i think a few will keep there spots just so we dont get done by 100+ every game until the season ends

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I wanted RAG DOLL gone after his first season with us but the club has to be very careful not to make an escape goat out of him...
The corrupt media will turn him into a hero and a martyr for all rebellious players !!!

Last edited: