Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a decent signing, still young, won gf's and SOO, change of environment and the chance to grow into a leader may be the ticket to get the best out of him. Always good to put some fear into the opposition ball carrier too.

I think Jackson should move into lock.
RFM, CHN and Martin compete for the 2 edge spots. Maybe RFM on the bench to cover edge and middle?
Tolman and Napa starting front row.
Leaves Elliot, Sue, Ogden, Fualalo and Tualau to fight for the bench spots.
We got a lot of depth in the forwards. We’ll lose nothing in making meters.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s funny Napa was the last **** I thought I would see in a dogs jersey
A bit like when Perritt joined mid year
And he turned out OK for us
I am looking forward to this

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point proven.
The team can’t be full of Jason Taumalolos. There is a distinct need for the workhorse type players in this game. Aiden Guerra is one of them and is highly regarded. Josh Jackson, Tolman, Eliott, all have a place in the team primarily because of the heavy lifting they do for the team, which alows others to focus on doing the more glamorous things that people like you celebrate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah you're right.. we should have signed somebody who isn't a rep player and recent premiership winner.. that would show real ambition
It's not ambition, it's a signing for the sake of a signing to try and keep certain members happy.

We have plenty of forwards with raw potential that suit the modern game, it was the perfect time to back the coaching staff to do their fucking job and get the best out of this lot and see if both the players and coaching staff had what it takes. They come good and we're fucking sorted moving forward an in strong position to recruit where the club is actually weak instead of playing it safe by showing minimal ambition and recruiting a bloke that isn't going to change much other than makes us a little more solid.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The team can’t be full of Jason Taumalolos. There is a distinct need for the workhorse type players in this game. Aiden Guerra is one of them and is highly regarded. Josh Jackson, Tolman, Eliott, all have a place in the team primarily because of the heavy lifting they do for the team, which alows others to focus on doing the more glamorous things that people like you celebrate.
Terrible fucking argument, the fact that you have grouped those players in the same category is just ridiculous.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not ambition, it's a signing for the sake of a signing to try and keep certain members happy.

We have plenty of forwards with raw potential that suit the modern game, it was the perfect time to back the coaching staff to do their fucking job and get the best out of this lot and see if both the players and coaching staff had what it takes. They come good and we're fucking sorted moving forward an in strong position to recruit where the club is actually weak instead of playing it safe by showing minimal ambition and recruiting a bloke that isn't going to change much other than makes us a little more solid.

some of our young forwards are a few seasons off their best, so buying a current premiership/ rep player who has plenty of years in him is not a signing for the sake of a signing. Napa is the type of player Pay would love playing for him. If you can't appreciate what Napa brings, you should follow netball

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that's it for me.......I've followed and loved this club for over 40 years but they have totally lost their way......I was heartened and welcomed the new ticket take over from last year and while I'm not upset that Klemmer has gone but for the life of me I am absolutely shocked at the signing of Dylan Napa to the Bulldogs.......while he has been part of a premiership winning side and played for his state the guy has had TWO major indiscretions from this season with Roosters and is only one more away from a long stint on the sidelines......he's either got a tackling technique problems or the guy is a thug as he should consider himself extremely lucky he didn't spend longer on the sidelines than what he actually did not once but twice........then again when you're at the Roosters, Uncle Nick tends to have plenty of pull.......very much doubt that will be the case at the Bulldogs if he is to have another brain explosion.
Did you think the same way when Terry Lamb was suspended for a head butt on Geoff Toovey?
Dean Pay will change his structure. He played to instructions from Fitzgibbon
and thats now all behind him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way I view the two players
Napa
Positives...Aggressive tackler, Faster and Better hole runner better offload.
Negatives...needs to fix his tackling techniques and improve his work rate.
* He will be a bargain if he manages to fix his flaws !!!
Klemmer
Positives...Meter gain, running impact.
Negatives...No aggression in defense, doesn't offload like he should, his running techniques can be questionable as he lifts up his knees.
* Not worth the reported money he will be on unless he improve his offloading, still $1.2 ml a season is a too much for him !!!

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just scattered across the roosters Instagram page and looked at the comments on the Napa post. They’re filthy that they let him go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
some of our young forwards are a few seasons off their best, so buying a current premiership/ rep player who has plenty of years in him is not a signing for the sake of a signing. Napa is the type of player Pay would love playing for him. If you can't appreciate what Napa brings, you should follow netball
So what that they're seasons off their best? We aren't relevant now and Napa doesn't change that, so why the fuck sign him? Couldn't give a fuck about what Pay loves, blokes lucky he even has a job coaching us.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please bring back the madness. I don't care even if you get suspended after your first game. Use your head in tackles. Start punch ups. Just be a dog!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what that they're seasons off their best? We aren't relevant now and Napa doesn't change that, so why the fuck sign him? Couldn't give a fuck about what Pay loves, blokes lucky he even has a job coaching us.
happy guy

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahahaha badly!!!
I’ve read a lot of Marleys posts, he knows what he’s talking about, you can tell he’s not stupid. While I agree with what Marley says, in saying that, I’m happy to back Napa now that he’s wearing the blue and white.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm over scrutinizing and stressing over this decision. What's done is done. At least we now have closure and can move on. I didn't want Napa but he's a Bulldog for now and we'll hope that he becomes a fan favourite.

If he learns to be more disciplined he can certainly be a cult hero because of how hard he plays and the impact he can have.

Hopefully he's coming to the club for the right reasons and wants to improve himself as a player.

If he churns our more minutes, takes on a leadership role and starts making more of an impact with the ball as well as reducing his penalties and working on his technique then he will end up being a good signing.

Hopefully he works on the above and goes to new heights.