Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally left field but how good does the advertising board behind him look? Best in years! (Weird of me to pick that out but I’m a weird guy)
That’s both of us lol
I noticed it and liked it, I was looking at it more than looking at Napa lol

Oh well, it’s good to be different

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can add alot of names to that list.. But I still love Graham and everything hes about..
Agree just was thinking in terms of front rower props than again Graham was pushed out by helmuts sons best friend Dora the explorer

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree just was thinking in terms of front rower props than again Graham was pushed out by helmuts sons best friend Dora the explorer
I was talking to a knights official this afternoon, he was saying klemmer was signed months ago, how is this not a breach of NRL rules????

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was talking to a knights official this afternoon, he was saying klemmer was signed months ago, how is this not a breach of NRL rules????
Nrl dont give two shits just look at the coaching musical chairs , they gave to much power to the player mangers and have no control over them what so ever,

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re now backed by the NRL, so it’ll be swept under the carpet as usual.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no there not there owned by wests leagues club one of the richest leagues clubs in australia
Backed by the NRL in the sense that they’ve been the sob story of the league for the last 5 years and now they’ll do anything to ensure they succeed.

Including turning a blind eye when they poach players on contract from other clubs illegally

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's it, all we want is passion from our players. I'm very excited to have Napa on board, the bloke intimidates opposing ball runners. This is wat we need.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note: there is no highlights or replay of round 24 vs Dragons on youtube, i would love to be proved wrong but that game doesnt exist

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hated him for some comments made early in his career. But I'll learn to appreciate him if he brings out the intimidation factor for us.

I was a Klemmer fan, but my biggest criticism of him was that in rep games he played with true aggression. But it was sorely missed at club level. Napa seems to fire up at club level too, so hopefully he keeps it up with us.

My biggest concern remains around the hooking department. If Lichaa is still our first choice it will still mean our forwards play flat footed. Hopefully we see someone who can time their passes emerging early in the season. I have so little faith that Lichaa sees the need to improve this aspect of his game that I've given up on expecting much from him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hated him for some comments made early in his career. But I'll learn to appreciate him if he brings out the intimidation factor for us.

I was a Klemmer fan, but my biggest criticism of him was that in rep games he played with true aggression. But it was sorely missed at club level. Napa seems to fire up at club level too, so hopefully he keeps it up with us.

My biggest concern remains around the hooking department. If Lichaa is still our first choice it will still mean our forwards play flat footed. Hopefully we see someone who can time their passes emerging early in the season. I have so little faith that Lichaa sees the need to improve this aspect of his game that I've given up on expecting much from him.
Honestly, don't think Klemmer will turn out to be as big a loss as many people are trying to make out. Don't think for a second that Napa will be there to replace him, but actually don't think he was ever supposed to. He'll add an element that Klemmer could never really provide for us, and I really believe some of our younger lads will step up and fill Klemmer's shoes in some way too.

See what everyone's saying about the hooking department, and agree that's an area we're not particulary strong in ... at all. But for the life of me I don't understand why so many people are focusing on that when the problem surely is in the backline? I'm most worried about that, though have to believe the club is just waiting for a chance to snatch up some talent

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, don't think Klemmer will turn out to be as big a loss as many people are trying to make out. Don't think for a second that Napa will be there to replace him, but actually don't think he was ever supposed to. He'll add an element that Klemmer could never really provide for us, and I really believe some of our younger lads will step up and fill Klemmer's shoes in some way too.

See what everyone's saying about the hooking department, and agree that's an area we're not particulary strong in ... at all. But for the life of me I don't understand why so many people are focusing on that when the problem surely is in the backline? I'm most worried about that, though have to believe the club is just waiting for a chance to snatch up some talent
the backline isn't a huge concern for me. If the forwards and halves can fire, all we need in the backs is players who can finish off tries. But everything needs to start with good service from your #9 and Lichaa hasn't seemed to think he's got to improve that aspect of his game so far which I take as a sign of arrogance. I think that maybe 5-6 games have been improved by his dummy half running since he arrived, but our forwards and halves have been under pressure since he took over from Ennis. I'd be happy for him to chase some glory with scoots from dummy half if it wasn't his only attribute, but he's a solid defender who occasionally exposes lazy marker defense. The rest of the time he's a liability.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note: there is no highlights or replay of round 24 vs Dragons on youtube, i would love to be proved wrong but that game doesnt exist
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/26/match-highlights-dragons-v-bulldogs---round-24-2018/
https://www.9now.com.au/2018-nrl-premiership/season-2018/clip-cjlalznoc00230hqrfirvtq4d

If you are Season Ticket Holder and have a log in, the full match
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/tels...ch-replay-dragons-v-bulldogs---round-24-2018/

Go Dogs

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Completely agree. We have such a dynamic pack on the improve and it’s the hookers job to get them coming onto the ball with well timed passes. The hooker can control momentum and game flow with pass selection, left and right, the occasional dart or kick

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First result of Bulldogs Vs Dragons on youtube. Fuck the NRL. Everything behind a paywall now, thank fuck for channel 9.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Dunn exposed Klemmer for the myth David is, when he questioned his commitment to club footy compared to his rep footy. Napa is a madman the only question I have will Napa be able to lead our young forwards by example??? Will he be able to fire them up and instill the same aggression and determination into our young pups that he displayed in origin and at the Roosters E.g 2014 vs Souths. The day he destroyed the Burges Brothers :grinning: The only problem with Napa is his consistency and tackling technique, here's hoping that Pay being an ex forward maybe able to guide and succeed with Napa where Trent Robinson failed.

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First result of Bulldogs Vs Dragons on youtube. Fuck the NRL. Everything behind a paywall now, thank fuck for channel 9.

Gee I loved that game..how good was Smith & he's not a slouch in the speed department-really looking forward to this year-go the mighty Doggies.