Name a place you used to frequent but doesn't exist anymore

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Times have changed and not necessarily for the better, is there a joint that you used to go all the time in your hay daythat doesn't exist anymore?

Bar 333 in town, great for after work drinks, getting hammered and pool. Place would pack on friday arvos

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couple of nightclubs in the town where I live have closed since the university started encouraging external study. Mojos was a great one. Three stories, basement had a cocktail bar where it was great to chat with small groups. They always had a few $1 cocktails on sale for 2 hours early in the night. Middle floor had four pool tables and several lounge settings where you could sit with up to 9 other people. Great for mingling where you could still hear the music loud enough, but also have a conversation without needing to shout. Upstairs was the second bar and a pretty good sized dance floor. This was the area you wound up by the time you had drank enough to be a bit messy. Not a single poker machine in the place was a bonus.

The other one I loved was the Armidale club. This was generally where the local live music was found. Often had a bit of a hippy element there and they pretty much turned a blind eye to people partaking of the wacky tobacky. But really loved this place as I got a bit older. The floor was pretty much like a sticky mouse/rat trap most nights, but it had a very chilled atmosphere. Unfortunately it burned down a few years back. After it burned the owners collected the insurance payment and sold off the land to build a new centrelink building. Not as much of an enticing venue anymore.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
La hood Campsie
Galaxy world, George street city
Snooker World, Liverpool street city
Maloneys, George st city next to Galaxy world