Name a place you used to frequent but doesn't exist anymore

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 22431
Who remembers Crush? Nick Skitz and 90’s Lebo scene it was horrible but I use to go.
Bro all the Lebos used to go to that under 18s thing there lol. I went to Sega World to play the video games. It was the largest indoor theme park in the country.

Sir Laptop on YouTube made a good case study video about it:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Shit man, I remember Lahood's - some poor bloke got murdered there over 20 years ago. It just went downhill after that. I went past that old joint when I was last in Campsie a few days ago - it's a Variety store now.
La Hood was open 84 years. Very sad day when they closed. The area was never the same. The boy that got stabbed used to go Belmore Boys High School.

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 22432
First ever Pizza Hut in Australia I believe. Probably wrong. Same with the Bevo Hills one use to love going there after the movies
Yep. Used to go to the one in Bankstown Square after a movie across the road at Hoyts. I never used to go to Bankstown much as a kid - only for cousins birthdays and during the holidays for movies - so I used to love going there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
La Hood was open 84 years. Very sad day when they closed. The area was never the same. The boy that got stabbed used to go Belmore Boys High School.
Wow... I never knew it was open that long. I remember they had games/arcade machines at the front that made it look like a amusement centre. I think there was some shonky dealings going on at the back though. My brother in law was involved in a fight there back in his teenage years that spilled out onto Beamish street. It was a freaking all-in-brawl - Asians vs Lebs lol.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Wow... I never knew it was open that long. I remember they had games/arcade machines at the front that made it look like a amusement centre. I think there was some shonky dealings going on at the back though. My brother in law was involved in a fight there back in his teenage years that spilled out onto Beamish street. It was a freaking all-in-brawl - Asians vs Lebs lol.
Yeah whole lotta gang shit used to go on in the back while us youngins used to hang in the front. Looking back now that place was so sketchy lol 14k used to frequent that place alot.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah whole lotta gang shit used to go on in the back while us youngins used to hang in the front. Looking back now that place was so sketchy lol 14k used to frequent that place alot.
14K? Were they like the UTB or something?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is it too soon to say the twin towers?
On that note - not sure if you watched The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime (about the events/intel failures that led to 9/11), but the way they re-created the area was clever considering this was shot in 2018:

Likely that was existing footage and Jeff Daniels probably walked onto a green screen and they cut him into it. The part in the lobby where he gets into the lift was apparently a miniature model of the original lobby and again they cut him into it to make it look like he was walking through it. Pretty convincing.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
On that note - not sure if you watched The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime (about the events and intel failures that led to 9/11), but the way they re-created the area was clever considering this was shot in 2018:
Haven't seen it but they done a good job from that clip.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
La hood Campsie
Galaxy world, George street city
Snooker World, Liverpool street city
Maloneys, George st city next to Galaxy world
Maloneys $3 house drinks saturdays. Good times