10. Paul Vaughan
11. Angus Crichton
12. Villiame Kikau
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Bailey Biondi Odo
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Max King
17. Chris Patolo

What a team for 2023! What would you change?
The coach.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hetherington is gone apparently. Not worth the quoted 500K either. He always looks like he is going to make a linebreak but never does.

RFM I'm 50/50. He can be one of our best players when fit. Ava bends the line when he runs unlike most of our forwards. Can hit hard in defence too. He never gets enough game time. Vaughan I'm 50/50 also. If he'll re-sign for 350K good. Averillo was his first good game last week in f..king ages finally

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Resign: Matt Doorey, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan and Jack Hetherington

Do not resign: Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson and Brandon Wakeham

Release: Jake Averillo, Corey Allan, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Josh Jackson, Jayden Okunbor, Ava Seumanufagai and Corey Waddell

Released (Done): Brent Naden and Jeremy Marshall King

Thoughts? What would you change?
Do you realise all those players you want to release would be still paid about $2m out of our cap for next year & we still needs to replace them. Only a couple would get contracts elsewhere which would relieve a small amount back.

Doorey deserves a 12 month extension, Topine seems to be in the bad books, Vaughan & Hetherington gone. RFM deserves a 1 year contract.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By or Buy or bye?
If I had to guess… I believe he may mean “buy” if he’s talking players to sign $$ :tonguewink: :tearsofjoy:

he may think it’s a must to do this stuff “BY” the end of 22, but then again that would involve two types of byes haha.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why re-sign Doorey? He's not FG standard. I'd rather re-sign RFM on a cheap deal..

Hetherington won't be here next year..

You can't just release players like Jackson otherwise we have to pay his full deal. You'd need another club to want to sign him and pay most of his deal. Which isn't happening unless he goes to England.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doorey and Topine are cup player dog fans thought would turn into big name players

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, i would want to see Doorey to return and see how he plays. The last time i watched him was 2021 mid season. If he returns as a soft fuck. fuck him off ASAP!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players with only a year to go on contracts such as Waddell Burns Allen Okunbor etc may seek a release if they can find a two year contract elsewhere even if 2023 is for less money- gives them an extra year of assured income. If on 250k next year they might be better off going elsewhere for 180k a year for two years - ESL?

It is a step in the right direction that JMK n Naden moving on - cap space and top 30 spots freed up.

Malla

Reaction score
If RFM can finish the year strong and healthy we should definitely give him another deal. He was good against Dragons.

Doorey has never looked like a first grader. He's too small, looks like he has a beer belly, doesn't work hard enough in training and it shows on the field.

Topine is the only one I would want resigned. I hope he gets a crack in first grade again this year.

Also keep Burns. He's been good, just injury proned, which has always been his issue, but I think Burns would be important to have in the team so younger guys can learn from his prep, training, what he does during the week etc. Schoupp's attitude and commitment to training is questionable, Averillo looks like he hates playing footy so honestly who cares about him - you just want the right people around guys like Kiraz - Burns and Addo Carr are those type of players.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about this one Nasheed
Haven't seen anything from Doorey to suggest he is a first grade player. Everyone else I agree with.
I wonder how long your new profile will last before you gett banned. I give it 3 weeks