Opinion MUST by the end of 2022!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with “all” the players tossed up to move on is that if all these suggestions went we lose

Thompson
TPJ
Vaughan
Jackson

Then the thought process is to chase a spine. I agree we need to strengthen the spine, my only concern is we can’t lose ALL those forwards otherwise we have no go forward.

I’d only be looking to move a Thompson on given his wage. I’d keep the rest, even Jackson now until he retires as a bench middle.

For mine, 2023 should look something like this hopefully

1. Toia (hope he works)
2. JAC
3. Shoupp
4. Kiraz
5. Alamoti (blood him there)
6. Burton
7. ???
8. Vaughan
9. Mahoney
10. ???
11. Kikau
12. ???
13. TPJ

14. Either Averillo / BBO / ZDC
15. ??? See who puts their hands up.
16. Jackson
17. King

Gone - Thompson, JMK, Dufty, Allen, Waddell, Stimson, Hetherington (off rumours), Doorey, RFM (too many injuries)

Spared - Burns (dont rate him but depth) and Ava

Blood gradually 2022 - Casey, Topine, Toia, Cook, Stuckey, Hoffman, Morrin

Chase a marquee 7, a solid edge but dont spend marquee and another prop worth around 400k.

If Flanagan turns it around this year the. Maybe chase a marquee fullback instead. Doubt it though.

Malla

Reaction score
If we want a quality fb, definitely gotta recieve the outcome of who doesn’t get the fb spot for the cowboys. Hammer or preferably drinkwater would be a luxury. I can see it happening. Hammer has a relationship with BBO, pretty sure they are best mates.
Can you really see it happening? Tell us more

Malla

Reaction score
If we want a quality fb, definitely gotta recieve the outcome of who doesn’t get the fb spot for the cowboys. Hammer or preferably drinkwater would be a luxury. I can see it happening. Hammer has a relationship with BBO, pretty sure they are best mates.
Best mates he reckons

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can you really see it happening? Tell us more
Tell us more about Josh Cook playing 14 this week? Does the coaching staff rate him to give him his well deserved debut you say???

Malla

Reaction score
The problem with “all” the players tossed up to move on is that if all these suggestions went we lose

Thompson
TPJ
Vaughan
Jackson

Then the thought process is to chase a spine. I agree we need to strengthen the spine, my only concern is we can’t lose ALL those forwards otherwise we have no go forward.

I’d only be looking to move a Thompson on given his wage. I’d keep the rest, even Jackson now until he retires as a bench middle.

For mine, 2023 should look something like this hopefully

1. Toia (hope he works)
2. JAC
3. Shoupp
4. Kiraz
5. Alamoti (blood him there)
6. Burton
7. ???
8. Vaughan
9. Mahoney
10. ???
11. Kikau
12. ???
13. TPJ

14. Either Averillo / BBO / ZDC
15. ??? See who puts their hands up.
16. Jackson
17. King

Gone - Thompson, JMK, Dufty, Allen, Waddell, Stimson, Hetherington (off rumours), Doorey, RFM (too many injuries)

Spared - Burns (dont rate him but depth) and Ava

Blood gradually 2022 - Casey, Topine, Toia, Cook, Stuckey, Hoffman, Morrin

Chase a marquee 7, a solid edge but dont spend marquee and another prop worth around 400k.

If Flanagan turns it around this year the. Maybe chase a marquee fullback instead. Doubt it though.
Pencil Hammer in at fullback. Best mates with BBO!!!

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw whatever $$ we have remaining or do some reshuffling and move players on and get Mitchell Moses over to Belmore. He is available for 2024 and is the only big name 7 available.
Moses has played in a strong roster at Parra for years and never even taken them to a GF. He's a fair weather player and often goes missing under pressure and in big games.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What do you guys reckon about Dufty? I can see he has flaws but he also has so much potential we haven’t seen yet. I would keep him and see how he goes. What are your thoughts?
He is trash... shouldn't even be playing this week

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Josh Addo Carr
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Paul Alamoti
4. Aaron Schoupp
5. Taylan May
Matt Burton
7. Camerson Munster

Tevita Pangai Junior