Movie Discussion

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t have Apple, have Foxtel and Netflix..those movies mentioned sound good..especially CODA..at the moment I’m binge watching (I know not movies) bikie drama Sons of Anarchy..whoa what a show..if you get a chance check it out.. Have you watched Breaking Bad series and it’s spin off Better Call Saul? These are outstanding..highly recommend..
Apple is worth a look mate and CODA you will love but there is a heap of good content if you run out of options..plus if your Telstra? you may be entitled to a 3 Months free trial mate.
Problem I'm finding is there are so many streaming options! I could literally make a LONG list of shows and movies I wanna see.

I have seen most of BCS it was good, surprisingly I never got into BB years ago I'd still like to watch it at some point.Sometimes u get swamped with too many options, i have nearly(but resisted)signed up with Stan and Paramount in the last few days lol must wait a bit.
Black Bird a series on Apple is what I'm watching now, Ray Liotta's last hurrah it's pretty good, also based on a true story.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked Blackbird and just watched Shantaram after reading the book a couple of times over the years
Snap! Lol I just mentioned Black Bird, i am into ep5 now..and i think I will have a look at Shantaram too.
Is Taron Egerton a brother of Joel I'm thinking not but unsure.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apple is worth a look mate and CODA you will love but there is a heap of good content if you run out of options..plus if your Telstra? you may be entitled to a 3 Months free trial mate.
Problem I'm finding is there are so many streaming options! I could literally make a LONG list of shows and movies I wanna see.

I have seen most of BCS it was good, surprisingly I never got into BB years ago I'd still like to watch it at some point.Sometimes u get swamped with too many options, i have nearly(but resisted)signing up with Stan and Paramount in the last few days lol must wait a bit.
Black Bird a series on Apple is what I'm watching now, Ray Liotta's last hurrah it's pretty good, also based on a true story.
Lol..I know what you mean by swamped with shows to watch..all this streaming allows for such great content, they are really investing in it..Disney is great for a Star Wars fan like me... yep I am Telstra so i will have to take advantage of that 3 months free.
subscription..thanks for reminding me..:blush:

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Snap! Lol I just mentioned Black Bird, i am into ep5 now..and i think I will have a look at Shantaram too.
Is Taron Egerton a brother of Joel I'm thinking not but unsure.
I love Larry in Blackbird and I’ve got the “they’re only just dreams” and “you dirty bitch” impressions down Pat haha. Nah he’s a Pom I think

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love Larry in Blackbird and I’ve got the “they’re only just dreams” and “you dirty bitch” impressions down Pat haha. Nah he’s a Pom I think
Sadly and I know Ray's character was meant to be unwell anyway but I don't think there was much acting in that he looked awful :( rip goodfella, his was one of the finest gangsta performances ever way back then.
F me Larry is creepy asf :tearsofjoy:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sadly and I know Ray's character was meant to be unwell anyway but I don't think there was much acting in that he looked awful :( rip goodfella, his was one of the finest gangsta performances ever way back then.
F me Larry is creepy asf :tearsofjoy:
Very sad. He was brilliant. I won’t ruin blackbird for you but let me know what you think

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very sad. He was brilliant. I won’t ruin blackbird for you but let me know what you think
Yeh it was good, I half expected Keene to bash him to death in prison lol.Didn't quite get the outcome they wanted but kept that fn freak in jail at least.
Jimmy did good by all reports is reformed and an honest businessman these days..albeit i don't know what time period this is based on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw The Stranger on Nextflix which is a great Aussie movie with Joel Edgerton about the Daniel Morcambe killer...It was really well made and gripping..

Will see The Banshees of Insherin tomorrow which is Martin McDonaghs new movie which looks really good. He's the director of In Bruges..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta say. Love or hate Tom Cruise his attention to detail is outstanding.
I think ppl hate him because of his peculiar beliefs Irl.
I'm sure he has made some stinkers but he has also made some fantastic movies, many imo..and goes all in unlike nearly every other precious actor.
Controversial opinion but The Last Samurai with him Ken Watanabe and that absolutely gorgeous Japanese stunner Koyuki(I think I fell for her true lol)is a modern classic, a great film even I love it!!

Ps which streaming service is Maverick on? Sorry I got lost in the moment :tearsofjoy:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think ppl hate him because of his peculiar beliefs Irl.

I'm sure he has made some stinkers but he has also made some fantastic movies, many imo..and goes all in unlike nearly every other precious actor.

Controversial opinion but The Last Samurai with him Ken Watanabe and that absolutely gorgeous Japanese stunner Koyuki(I think I fell for her true lol)is a modern classic, a great film even I love it!!

Ps which streaming service is Maverick on? Sorry I got lost in the moment 

+

Paramount +

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched Black Adam. I went in expecting a bad movie and somehow it was even worse. High production value, good cast (except for The Rock), but the worst writing I've seen in a long time. Just stupid stuff that's out of place or put in for no reason. Honestly, I would be surprised if the writers get any more work after that movie. It's really, really bad.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Everything Everywhere All at Once..a movie that spans multiple universes…We follow a woman reassessing her life as she re-evaluates her relationships with her father, husband, and daughter …A Great film which deals with choices and how they make us who we are..and how sometimes we need to step back and appreciate what we do have, not pine for what we don’t have.. It stars Michelle Yeoh, most noted for her performance for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon..she is great as the main star Evelyn Quan Wang the dissatisfied housework.. Stephanie Hsu is excellent as Joy Wang her daughter.. However, the most outstanding performance in the film is by Ke Huy Quan, who gained fame as a child actor playing Shortround in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Data in Goonies, he was also in the short lived tv series Head of the Class.. His performance has gained notice from the Academy, and it is likely he will be nominated for an Oscar as Best Supporting Actor. The amazing thing is, he has been retired from acting for 20 years as he has been unable to secure any roles. This is a an amazing comeback..

If you like your movies a little less conventional, this is for you..
8/10

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score