Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm sure I watched a movie over the weekend with the Mrs but I can't remember what it was :neutral:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Zack Snyder version of the Justice League movie (2017) is out this Thursday.

Absolutely cannot wait for this to come out.

For those not in the know - Zack had to pull away from directing the 2017 version, due to a family tragedy (daughter committed suicide). That's at least what we were told - what we weren't told - is that the WB execs were very offside with him and his vision, especially after an underwhelming box office performance of Batman V Superman.

Joss Whedon was bought in, became the Execs lap dog, he completely done away with Zacks vision, and made his own - which is what we got in 2017 (a very underwhelming movie). He was also cited as being abusive by one of the stars of the movie, Ray Fisher.

For years after its release, many had heard that Zacks vision for the movie was very different to what we got. At the time - it was referred to as the Snyder cut - a mythical movie, which many believe did not exist. The power of the twittersphere really took full force on this one. For real, it got crazy. A petition with hundreds of thousands of signatories, websites created in honour of the mythical movie, and even Zack himself got in on it, posting teasers of things we missed out on (characters, story arcs, visuals)- and thus, #releasethesnydercut was born. As a result, HBO max offered the chance to finish his vision - a full 3 years after the theatrical release.

He was given $80 million to complete re-shoots (80% of his movie was already done), which was done at the back end of last year. It is being released at 6 pm on BINGE or Foxtel this coming Thursday.

Here is a new trailer:

Please note - it is a FOUR HOUR MOVIE. AND I CANNOT FUCKING WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Wahesh

Reaction score
I watched Hobbs & Shawn over the weekend. So all the F&F movies these days must be watched while applying suspension of disbelief. Just enjoy them.

1615843565702.png

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Zack Snyder version of the Justice League movie (2017) is out this Thursday.

Absolutely cannot wait for this to come out.

For those not in the know - Zack had to pull away from directing the 2017 version, due to a family tragedy (daughter committed suicide). That's at least what we were told - what we weren't told - is that the WB execs were very offside with him and his vision, especially after an underwhelming box office performance of Batman V Superman.

Joss Whedon was bought in, became the Execs lap dog, he completely done away with Zacks vision, and made his own - which is what we got in 2017 (a very underwhelming movie). He was also cited as being abusive by one of the stars of the movie, Ray Fisher.

For years after its release, many had heard that Zacks vision for the movie was very different to what we got. At the time - it was referred to as the Snyder cut - a mythical movie, which many believe did not exist. The power of the twittersphere really took full force on this one. For real, it got crazy. A petition with hundreds of thousands of signatories, websites created in honour of the mythical movie, and even Zack himself got in on it, posting teasers of things we missed out on (characters, story arcs, visuals)- and thus, #releasethesnydercut was born. As a result, HBO max offered the chance to finish his vision - a full 3 years after the theatrical release.

He was given $80 million to complete re-shoots (80% of his movie was already done), which was done at the back end of last year. It is being released at 6 pm on BINGE or Foxtel this coming Thursday.

Here is a new trailer:

Please note - it is a FOUR HOUR MOVIE. AND I CANNOT FUCKING WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Very mixed reviews, but a lot more polarising than the original release.

Many are giving it 8s, 9s, and 10s out of 10. Others are giving it 2s, 3s and 4s out of 10.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very mixed reviews, but a lot more polarising than the original release.

Many are giving it 8s, 9s, and 10s out of 10. Others are giving it 2s, 3s and 4s out of 10.
Just the way I like it.

When it comes to critics and superhero movies, they are generally off the mark. These movies, if done correctly (and in my opinion), is about bringing a superhero onto the big screen, and servicing the many fans who have followed them. It should effectively jump from a superhero story first, and a movie second. That's just how I see it.

People can crap on a superhero movie for being a bad movie, but was it a good superhero story? There aren't too many that hit the mark in both (Nolans trilogy, the Cap America trilogy are probably the only 2 that I can think of that serve this well). Most movies are hit or miss in this space.

Even the Avengers movies - 1 was fantastic, 2 was trash, Infinity War was great, and End Game was... good, but a little underwhelming. The time jump and time travel element took a bit away from it IMHO.

I guess what I am trying to say is - this movie, by many accounts, is truly setting up the DCEU outside of the big 3, giving us a more fleshed out story. And then the comic book elements come in, and is a continuation of Snyders vision that he had from Man of Steel. There is a critical element in that movie which plays into what Zack was going to do with future movies in his universe...

Apart of me just hopes HBO and WB make a motza out of this, and use the Flash movie to reboot the timeline so THIS is canon, and he can continue his universe. Because for all the hate he gets, he is a good story teller (Watchmen, Man of Steel, and heavily involved in Wonder Woman, Aquaman and 300). Even BvS (Ultimate Edition) fixes up a lot of the issues of the Theatrical release, which was another movement that was sabotaged by the WB execs.

Anyway - that's my 2 cents.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Realist90 your day is here..the release of the Snyder Cut of Justice League. I have read that most critic’s reviews are pretty favourable. In truth though, it’s what you feel about the movie that counts.. However, I’m betting you will love it..so, close the door, turn off the lights, turn the tv on, sit back on the lounge, limber up that self love hand, have a barrel full of lube near you, and put a drawer full of socks beside you to catch your repeated excitement.. Enjoy my man..

Reaction score
anyone seen tenet? I haven't watched it yet, every time i go to watch it i back out for some reason. should i watch it or leave it alone?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone seen tenet? I haven't watched it yet, every time i go to watch it i back out for some reason. should i watch it or leave it alone?
It's worth a watch but it's not great and far from Nolan's best work.

It really feels like they thought the concept would carry the movie. The story just isn't that interesting and isn't sold well.

Also, the audio balance is terrible. The music often drowns out conversations. I thought I had an issue with my stereo but many have complained about it.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Realist90 your day is here..the release of the Snyder Cut of Justice League. I have read that most critic’s reviews are pretty favourable. In truth though, it’s what you feel about the movie that counts.. However, I’m betting you will love it..so, close the door, turn off the lights, turn the tv on, sit back on the lounge, limber up that self love hand, have a barrel full of lube near you, and put a drawer full of socks beside you to catch your repeated excitement.. Enjoy my man..
My soul is ready.

Already told the wife - father duties are not happening from 6 pm tonight.

I would record it and re-watch it.. but my IQ4 box shat itself the other day and wont record... fuming!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Watched The Equalizer 2 last night.

Man I hope there's a 3rd installment of that movie. It's one of DW'z best movie franchises.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My soul is ready.

Already told the wife - father duties are not happening from 6 pm tonight.

I would record it and re-watch it.. but my IQ4 box shat itself the other day and wont record... fuming!
Lol.. Great stuff! I hope you enjoy it, and it meets your expectation. Shame you can’t record it..I have set my trusty IQ2 box to record it. Do you have Foxtel Go? It should be on that..and as you have IQ4 than you should be able to cast it onto your TV anytime you like! Well if the wife lets you off father duties again!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. Great stuff! I hope you enjoy it, and it meets your expectation. Shame you can’t record it..I have set my trusty IQ2 box to record it. Do you have Foxtel Go? It should be on that..and as you have IQ4 than you should be able to cast it onto your TV anytime you like! Well if the wife lets you off father duties again!
Replacement comes tomorrow.

Pretty sure you can stream it on Foxtel whenever you want, which works fine.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope it’s good bro, and thanks for the gee up hahaha legend

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a look at a preview clip and something really put me off. The film is in a terrible aspect ratio. It has black bars on the left and right of the screen basically making the image almost as wide as it is high. Like the old 4:3 aspect ratio but not as wide.

Even just watching a preview clip was unwatchable for me. That said, I was watching it on an ultrawide monitor so maybe it'll be less annoying on TV.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you've watched this trailer, the whole movie is in this aspect ratio. It's technically showing more image as it shows bottom and top that were originally recorded then cut out in the widescreen Justice League, but it's really off-putting.