Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason Rex dislikes Supes is great..
It would be a little confusing if you don't know the back story though. The CW DC shows have had long running crossover episodes and the last crossover resulted in every world in the multiverse being destroyed and this earth being the only earth left. They had a whole thing with Superman and Supergirl being on a different earth to the Flash and Arrow, who were also on a different earth to Black Lightning and Batwoman.

They all got merged into one earth but while it was happening they wiped out all the other earths, some with evil Superman, some with evil Batman. One where Batman killed Superman.

At the end of it, Superman and Lois had twin kids. This was the continuation of that. Hence why Captain Luthor is talking about his world being destroyed and Superman being what he is.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be a little confusing if you don't know the back story though. The CW DC shows have had long running crossover episodes and the last crossover resulted in every world in the multiverse being destroyed and this earth being the only earth left. They had a whole thing with Superman and Supergirl being on a different earth to the Flash and Arrow, who were also on a different earth to Black Lightning and Batwoman.

They all got merged into one earth but while it was happening they wiped out all the other earths, some with evil Superman, some with evil Batman. One where Batman killed Superman.

At the end of it, Superman and Lois had twin kids. This was the continuation of that. Hence why Captain Luthor is talking about his world being destroyed and Superman being what he is.
Hacky that’s a spoiler alert!!!!!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're not planning to watch all those old CW shows and you just start watching Superman & Lois then the whole first 2 episodes wouldn't make any sense.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With respect to those who have watched Coming 2 America, surely you had your doubts before you watched it? The whole premise of Akeem having an illegitimate child was farcical enough.

Maybe it's just me getting old and fussy. I think getting only maybe half to an hour of TV time a day means I just won't settle if it's rubbish, and with so much now bring released on streaming services, people are more willing to ditch a movie without finishing. I only saw about 30 minutes of Uncut Gems before abandoning it. Adam Sandler yelling at everyone with that silly Jewish accent was bad enough, but that cringeworthy cameo from that basketball guy whose name I've forgotten was the final straw...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kind of. But only for people who are planning to watch 10,000 hours of previous CW shows.
A Report being issued!

ps..I had an idea that this occurred as I used to watch the Flash ..but I’m thinking of others!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With respect to those who have watched Coming 2 America, surely you had your doubts before you watched it? The whole premise of Akeem having an illegitimate child was farcical enough.

Maybe it's just me getting old and fussy. I think getting only maybe half to an hour of TV time a day means I just won't settle if it's rubbish, and with so much now bring released on streaming services, people are more willing to ditch a movie without finishing. I only saw about 30 minutes of Uncut Gems before abandoning it. Adam Sandler yelling at everyone with that silly Jewish accent was bad enough, but that cringeworthy cameo from that basketball guy whose name I've forgotten was the final straw...
I liked Uncut Gem..IMHO Sandler was great..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're not planning to watch all those old CW shows and you just start watching Superman & Lois then the whole first 2 episodes wouldn't make any sense.
I didn’t but still had that idea.. :grimacing:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A Report being issued!

ps..I had an idea that this occurred as I used to watch the Flash ..but I’m thinking of others!
Just youtube "Crisis on infinite earths"

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Ohh 100% I had doubts my bro.

I'm like you now, if something is rubbish I just ditch it. Previously I would watch a whole movie even if it was shit, it would piss me off, but I would have to finish it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sandler is hit and miss. I loved Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison, but cant say i liked any of his other movies.
Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison were amazing. It all went downhill after that. Except Little Nicky. That was one of his best. Everything else is rubbish though.

I watched Uncut Gems. I get why people like it. It's not a comedy, it's pretty full on and Sandler plays the part really well. But I didn't like it. The whole thing was just too stressful to watch.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I liked Uncut Gem..IMHO Sandler was great..
It was talked up a lot so I gave it a crack, but it just seemed to be just him walking around bring annoying. I think people are really rooting for him to make a good movie so much, and his usual.standard is so low that a half decent effort is seen as the next Godfather. :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sandler is hit and miss. I loved Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison, but cant say i liked any of his other movies.
I think he is a bit of dick..didn’t mind him in Wedding Singer and..well apart from Uncut Diamonds and a couple of others..that’s about it. Other stuff he is just stupid.. Still the prick has amassed $420 million! Man I could easily played a dickhead on screen..just play myself!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was talked up a lot so I gave it a crack, but it just seemed to be just him walking around bring annoying. I think people are really rooting for him to make a good movie so much, and his usual.standard is so low that a half decent effort is seen as the next Godfather. :grinning:
Yeah you are probably right.. In Godfather Voice’ ‘He mostly makes you an offer, that you can refuse..’ :grimacing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is a bit of dick..didn’t mind him in Wedding Singer and..well apart from Uncut Diamonds and a couple of others..that’s about it. Other stuff he is just stupid.. Still the prick has amassed $420 million! Man I could easily played a dickhead on screen..just play myself!!
And hire your mates each time. He's definitely getting the last laugh.