Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. He's annoying and talentless imo. However, I didn't mind him in Snatch.
Agreed. He's a terrible actor. I pure one trick pony. If he never got into action man shape and didn't have that natural angry English accent then he wouldn't be doing movies right now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a movie, but loving Chris Lilley while waiting for some new movies to get released.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. He's a terrible actor. I pure one trick pony. If he never got into action man shape and didn't have that natural angry English accent then he wouldn't be doing movies right now.
Watch the Bank Job Hacky..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fanatic

upload_2020-4-21_10-24-27.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9088954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A young rap star is held against his will by a stalker fan.

Not to get this movie confused with "The Fanatic" (both movies made in 2019), this one is about Dom D, a famous rapper who has a one-night stand with a fan. 5 years later, he returns to the city where he met this lady, and she kidnaps him and holds him hostage. There's more to it, but I can't get into it without ruining the ending.

I recall @Hacky McAxe saying he likes Asian chicks with American accents. Well my friend... wait until you see Denyce Lawton wearing her short tight red dress :yum:

7/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fanatic

View attachment 14578

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9088954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A young rap star is held against his will by a stalker fan.

Not to get this movie confused with "The Fanatic" (both movies made in 2019), this one is about Dom D, a famous rapper who has a one-night stand with a fan. 5 years later, he returns to the city where he met this lady, and she kidnaps him and holds him hostage. There's more to it, but I can't get into it without ruining the ending.

I recall @Hacky McAxe saying he likes Asian chicks with American accents. Well my friend... wait until you see Denyce Lawton wearing her short tight red dress :yum:

7/10
Sounds like it's worth the watch. Plot be damned.

It sounds like this and the other Fanatic movie (the Travolta one) are both loosely based on the De Niro/Snipes move "The Fan" from the 90s

Side note, the Travolta film is written by Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. Also, it's being rated as one of the worst movies ever made, so it sounds like this one will be better.

Wahesh

Reaction score
14 Cameras

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7476438/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When a family of five rent a beautiful house for their summer vacation, the price seems too good to be true.

A sequel to the film 13 Cameras. It goes beyond a family of five. There are other people who have rented this house who have strange encounters. The man who owns the home poses online as a beautiful blonde lady using her photo. People don't realise that there are hidden cameras all over the house which are streamed live online via the dark-web. Some users offer to buy household items off the creep buy asking him to go into the house and steal certain objects they see the holiday makers using - such as panties

Then there's a sub-plot - an underground bunker which he has a women locked up in and another who he recently kidnapped plotting their escape. There's also a creepy kid (who appears to be his son) that finds out what he is up to and attempts to help free them.

Not a bad thriller, the creep really plays his part well.

6/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
A Cure for Wellness

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4731136/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

An ambitious young executive is sent to retrieve his company's CEO from an idyllic but mysterious "wellness center" at a remote location in the Swiss Alps, but soon suspects that the spa's treatments are not what they seem.

This movie is horror movie without that much blood and gore. What happens is people go to a wellness centre for treatment unaware that the water used to treat them is actually making them sick. No one who ever enters the centre leave, with the main category of people who enter being elderly. The young executive who goes there though has more energy and stamina to try and get to the bottom of the mystery. The staff at the centre make him think that he's losing his sanity, but his stubbornness and to desire to get to the bottom of the mystery drive him to continue. He eventually finds out that while it's a wellness centre, it's also a business there to make profit, but there's also another twist to the mystery.

Not bad, it reels you in making you think that there's going to be a point where he gets back to NY with the CEO. Does it happen? Well you'll just have to find out.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Extraction

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8936646/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Tyler Rake, a fearless black market mercenary, embarks on the most deadly extraction of his career when he's enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an imprisoned international crime lord.

A movie mainly set in India, but there are also some bits shot here in Australia. There's a high body count in this movie, but it's mainly a violent action thriller. You don't see Chris Hemsworth in many emotional films, but this is one of them. The movie contains a twist that occurs about halfway through which complicates the mission for Tyler.

Not a bad action film, good to mindlessly waste a couple of hours.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Running Out Of Time

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8420952/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Newly widowed Brenda Harper and her family are taken hostage over something from her late husband's past.

This thriller also has a twist that changes the complexion of the movie towards the end. You kind of see where it's heading as it gets closer, but the amount of screaming you have to put up with beforehand it kind of too much to take.

3/10

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Extraction

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8936646/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Tyler Rake, a fearless black market mercenary, embarks on the most deadly extraction of his career when he's enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an imprisoned international crime lord.

A movie mainly set in India, but there are also some bits shot here in Australia. There's a high body count in this movie, but it's mainly a violent action thriller. You don't see Chris Hemsworth in many emotional films, but this is one of them. The movie contains a twist that occurs about halfway through which complicates the mission for Tyler.

Not a bad action film, good to mindlessly waste a couple of hours.

7/10
Not my style of film but I enjoyed it

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know..I think he could have made a good James Bond.. Actually that reminds me..how good was he in I Spy..!
And how horrible was he in that giant shark movie?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked the unarmed action scenes and also how Hopper from Stranger Things makes an appearance.
There was some pretty brutal scenes in it the close range shooting looked awsome .
But story line been done 100 times. Still 10times better watching Liam nesson on a train,boat, space ship looking for a family member or being set up

Wahesh

Reaction score
Furious 6

upload_2020-4-27_15-25-2.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905041/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hobbs has Dominic and Brian reassemble their crew to take down a team of mercenaries: Dominic unexpectedly gets sidetracked with facing his presumed deceased girlfriend, Letty.

One of the more emotional F&F movies, this one see's the crew get back together working with Hobbs in England to take down a criminal crew in exchange for pardon. This movie is in the upper-half of the series in terms of likes for me. I really enjoy Roman's constant funny remarks as well as seeing Letty warm up to Dom as the movie progressed. Seeing Hobbs working closely with the crew was also good. I watched the final runway scene closely and I realised that there were like 5-6 fights happening inside and outside of the plane, which is why that scene went on for long. It would've been good (although somewhat impossible) for them to split the screen up into these different scenes and show all the action happening at the same time in order for this sequence of events to seem shorter.

Still a great movie and one I will watch many more times over on Netflix.

9/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Silence

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7315484/

When the world is under attack from terrifying creatures who hunt their human prey by sound, 16-year old Ally Andrews (Kiernan Shipka), who lost her hearing at 13, and her family seek refuge in a remote haven.

What happens is a group of geologists crack open a cave 1000 feet underground and these creatures escape. The best way to describe the vesps is a hybrid form of bats/reptiles/aliens/mutant hybrids (screen still below) and these little freaks, while they're blind, they hunt based on sounds. By their flocks, they eats humans. The family of 5 try to escape the catastrophe by heading north to a colder climate where these creatures cannot survive. On their way, they find a farm house. The loud-mouthed owner gets eaten to death when she see's the family trying to quietly enter her property, and she tries to get them off. After managing to enter the house, the mother who has been bitten gets infected. In order to battle the infection, the father and daughter head into town to find a pharmacy, and even though everything is closed down, they find one and get the antibiotics for her. Then you see a creepy cult leader trying to recruit them. They decline. Towards the end they open the door and find a little blonde girl standing there and they bring her in. At this stage, everyone is still being quiet because the freaks are all around. The little girl has a strap of phones hidden. Ringing them will alert the little beasts. The phones start ringing and all hell breaks lose.

The best part of this movie was when the little freaks, attracted to sound, hear wood chipper going on, and they flying in their droves to their demise :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: - it's worth seeing just for that.

6/10