Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One foe the Money

View attachment 14744

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598828/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Unemployed and newly-divorced Stephanie Plum lands a job at her cousin's bail-bond business, where her first assignment puts her on the trail of a wanted local cop from her romantic past.

If you want to talk about a movie the never gets off the ground and can't be taken seriously, this is it. In what world would a company employ a woman as a bounty hunter to get their most wanted? Stephanie is out of work and stands to make $50,000 by landing someone she was once romantically linked to who also happens to be a cop. I don't want to waste anymore time reviewing this movie as it was as horrid as they come, and... well I'm not even sure if it can be classed as a chick flick (at first I thought it was action-comedy).

3/10
Ahhhh Katherine Heigl..out of 10..ohhh I’d give her 1! :smilingimp:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Get In aka Furie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8246392/

On their return from vacation, Paul and his family find their house occupied by disturbing squatters.

I'm not big on foreign films, but this one was based on a true story, and highlights the problem with the law the protects squatters from living in a residence. The first problem I had with the film in not that it contains an interracial family, but the fact that the husband is at least 20 years older than the wife, and he's meant to be playing someone perhaps in his late 30s/early 40s. They return to their home after a Summer holiday and cannot get in. The Police arrest them for trying to get into their own home but can't as the squatters are claiming it's their house. The squatters are also paying the utility bills such as electricity and water. Paul (the husband) befriends Mickey, a man who he is renting space at a caravan park to live while they take legal action against the squatters. Mickey shows Paul how his friends have fun, taking him our drinking, partying, and even pig hunting... all at the same time. Chloe, Paul and Mickey eventually have a falling out, and Mickey and his friends decide to go to Paul's house and kill the squatters and trash the place. Paul tries to stop them, but there are too many. Will Paul and Chloe be able to defend and take back their home?

Not a bad movie. At times what was going to happen next was predictable, but then again that's the case with a lot of movies.

5/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Boba Fett.. to be played by Temuera Morrison..will appear in the second series of Mandalorian.. It means two things..one..he survived the Sarlac Pit..which is good because it was a lame death..and two..I’ll have to renew my subscription..:grimacing:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Boba Fett.. to be played by Temuera Morrison..will appear in the second series of Mandalorian.. It means two things..one..he survived the Sarlac Pit..which is good because it was a lame death..and two..I’ll have to renew my subscription..:grimacing:
Rosario Dawson is also playing Asoka

Wahesh

Reaction score
Armed Response

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4557208/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8

A remote facility, built as prison with a secret super lie detector, is compromised and the 5 guarding it possibly dead. An armed team of 6 investigates, what's wrong.

My goodness what to make of this one. I thought a movie starring Wesley Snipes and Seth Rollins would've been good. I thought wrong. It's an action/horror film about a term of soldiers (or former soldiers) who killed a bunch of civilians in Afghanistan and the spirits of those they killed come back to kill them in the USA. It was pretty boring as well. Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie 0%. I'll give it something for the unique way the story was told.

0.5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Primal Fear

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117381/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_33

An altar boy is accused of murdering a priest, and the truth is buried several layers deep.

This movie is more or less a legal case. Richard's character believes the boy who is on trial for murder is innocent. As he dwelves further into the case coupled with the stress the case takes on the boy in court, he believes there is more to the story than meets the eye - and he's right, but not in the way you'd expect. The movie also ends with a huge question mark lingering over what happens next which pretty much screams for a sequel.

Not a bad movie for the mid 90s. It has little action though and is more about a legal case and court room drama.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
A Score to Settle

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3758162/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_13

An ex-enforcer for a local crime syndicate has vowed to enact retribution on his mob bosses after 19 years of wrongful imprisonment. The only thing diverting his violent plans is a new found relationship to his beloved son.

I'll get right to it... this movie has a major change in pace about 3/4 of the way in, and it also exposes a few major plot holes while also answering questions at the same time. It is a pretty decent action film, but the Cage's characters suffers from an illness that becomes quite annoying after a while. It finishes with you feeling sorry for his character as well, but that's down to the brilliant acting.

7/10

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Primal Fear

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117381/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_33

An altar boy is accused of murdering a priest, and the truth is buried several layers deep.

This movie is more or less a legal case. Richard's character believes the boy who is on trial for murder is innocent. As he dwelves further into the case coupled with the stress the case takes on the boy in court, he believes there is more to the story than meets the eye - and he's right, but not in the way you'd expect. The movie also ends with a huge question mark lingering over what happens next which pretty much screams for a sequel.

Not a bad movie for the mid 90s. It has little action though and is more about a legal case and court room drama.

7/10
One of Edward Nortons best roles IMO. Great movie.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Collide

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2126235/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11

An American backpacker gets involved with a ring of drug smugglers as their driver, though he winds up on the run from his employers across Cologne high-speed Autobahn.

American boy falls in love with American girl in Germany. Girl falls ill, so boy must steal a truck full of drugs to pay for her transplant treatment in America as she's not eligible for treatment in Germany due to her residency status. It has a lot of action in it, I'll give it that, and Ben Kingsley's character is nailed quite well with Anthony Hopkins character playing a sort of millionaire (if not billionaire) psychopath.

Not a bad movie, but the action never stops, and it leaves you wondering weather some can sustain the amount of action he's been through.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lady Driver

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7562334/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When a rebellious teen embarks on a solo summer journey to connect with her roots, she finds herself in a new world, geared up for the ride of her life, and discovers she had the drive in her all along.

The name of this movie along with the cover art left me thinking that this movie is related to great 2017 film Baby Driver. Sadly... it wasn't. It has no action whatsoever. It's mainly a sports drama movie about a girl who wishes to find out more about herself by taking on a dirt racing course like her father did by working at her uncles workshop up north over the Summer.

I couldn't watch this movie in one go... I had to do it over 3 separate nights as it was that boring it couldn't keep me interested.

3/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When a rebellious teen embarks on a solo summer journey to connect with her roots, she finds herself in a new world, geared up for the ride of her life, and discovers she had the drive in her all along.

Bwahahaha, that tag line alone is enough to keep me away for life.

I'm still laughing :tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Assassination Nation

images.jpeg.jpg

So I watched this as it come on this morning as I was having a feed after work. It was pure shite full of woked agenda and taking shots at misogyny and male toxicity. It's supposed to be satire but I found it just dumb. Like the women one moment are crying, fragile, frighten unable to function properly to literally 2 seconds later being alpha women who are staunch, over confident weapons experts and straight up killers. There is also the new token trans chick in the group just to cover that base too. The main chick, who is a housewrecking whore is made out that you should care about her but who cares about a whore.

The synopsis

High school senior Lily and her three best friends live in a haze of texts, posts, selfies, chats, parties, alcohol and sex -- just like the rest of the world. Their small town gets turned upside down when an anonymous hacker starts to reveal personal messages and secrets of thousands of people. As anger erupts into full-blown violence, the four girls soon find themselves in a fight for their lives against an armed mob.

It's like The Purge and the SJW community all got rolled into one movie.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Assassination Nation

View attachment 14814

So I watched this as it come on this morning as I was having a feed after work. It was pure shite full of woked agenda and taking shots at misogyny and male toxicity. It's supposed to be satire but I found it just dumb. Like the women one moment are crying, fragile, frighten unable to function properly to literally 2 seconds later being alpha women who are staunch, over confident weapons experts and straight up killers. There is also the new token trans chick in the group just to cover that base too. The main chick, who is a housewrecking whore is made out that you should care about her but who cares about a whore.

The synopsis

High school senior Lily and her three best friends live in a haze of texts, posts, selfies, chats, parties, alcohol and sex -- just like the rest of the world. Their small town gets turned upside down when an anonymous hacker starts to reveal personal messages and secrets of thousands of people. As anger erupts into full-blown violence, the four girls soon find themselves in a fight for their lives against an armed mob.

Sounds like the worst nightmare of movies to watch lol. What do you rate it out of 10?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the worst nightmare of movies to watch lol. What do you rate it out of 10?
Apart from the violence, there is 0 substance to the film so I'll give it a generous 1/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Assassination Nation

View attachment 14814

The synopsis

The movie seems to have crazy mixed reviews but it seems like the main criticisms of it are up there with what my main criticisms are of many films. It's designed for shock value more than actually putting any effort into making it worth watching. I hate that shit.

The start (technically end) scene in Irreversible is the perfect example of this. People praised that movie but I just found it stupid. It was deliberately over the top shocking just for shock value and the only reason people praised it was because it was shocking. The scene at the start of the movie where he goes into the club threatening to kill the club owner, then the club own pins him on the ground, breaks his arm then attempts to rape him, then his friend knocks the club owner down and smashes in his skull with a fire extinguisher. As he's doing it he hits the guy's skull. Then pauses to half look at the camera. Then hits his skull again. Then pauses to half look at the camera again. Like he's saying, "Hey, are you watching this. Look! It's shocking!"

Crap movie. And don't get me started on the tunnel rape scene. Tasteless trash.