CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ha

Just trying to call it for what it is, his involvement was good and safe with bombs and grubbers ....for someone that’s leaving he played well

Elliott played strongly too

Some people just hate no matter what on some players...
Yh he done very little wrong. There was even a set where he pushed up in support through the line 3 plays in a row, but no he is lazy and doesn't care. I even saw someone call him slow lol.

Yh Elliott had a decent game, his lack of metres is a worry though he was atleast fighting in the tackles. Was also one of our our only players that showed some aggression in defence all night.

Dogs have some of the worst fans, we are just so hateful hahaha.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably the best players against the Dragons were the ones who were continually being rubbished on here.
Woods, Elliott and Mbye. Shows that the opinions on here dont count for much.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol petty *****. Grow the fuck up.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well Hill said we aren't shopping players around yet we all know that's a lie lol. I'd say Moses' mid season release is dependent on a few other players also making a move.
There’s no evidence that any of our players have been “shopped around”.
There’s a big difference between entertaining offers from rival clubs and actively shopping a player around.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucken woods cost us that game.
I’ll never cheer for that ****.
I agree.

Got sprayed by some other fan saying woods had top stats and that I don’t watch footy cause I called him lazy.

The bloke lacks discipline and is down right lazy. Every penalty he gives away is always crucial.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree.

Got sprayed by some other fan saying woods by top of the stats and that I don’t watch footy cause I called him lazy.

The bloke lacks discipline and is down right lazy. Every penalty he gives away is always crucial.
Incredible how often those penalties he gives away are either in front with result on the line or leads to a try next play. The percentage and odds to his penalties leading to opposition points must be Powerballish.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Basically, this year is a right off no matter what happens. Next year (2019) will be a Dean Pay year and we'll see just how improved we are. The year after that (2020) will be completely free of any Des mess (provided Woods, Foran and other flops aren't still there) and that's when we'll know what Dean is capable of.

At the moment, I am NOT holding anything against Pay, especially considering most of our losses have been within 6 points off the back of very questionable referee calls.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game was crying out for a Moses parts the RedV moment.. it never came

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Probably the best players against the Dragons were the ones who were continually being rubbished on here.
Woods, Elliott and Mbye. Shows that the opinions on here dont count for much.
You may be right about the kennel generally having bias or unfair opinions of certain players.

But are you really going to suggest that Aaron Woods (who gets paid ~$900k per year) had a good game, despite giving away an unnecessary penalty which proved the difference between the Dragons and us at the final whistle?

I've supported Woods in the past, but each week I have come to see his laziness around the ruck and his lack of discipline for what it is.

I'd be more than happy if we punt him mid season.

Malla

Reaction score
He actually comes across as the worst team mate. It's all about him and none about the club - should have known this when he asked for the Des clause in his contract - what a goose.

So glad this guy is gone.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If a prop forward is going to accept $900k a year, then he needs to do more than just take some hit ups and achieve some nice metres gained stats.

He certainly can't be giving away dumb fk penalties on a weekly basis and he can't afford to be a lazy powder puff up the middle of the ruck.

I know it's not everything but have a look at the state of Woods body - has he ever seen the inside of a gym?

Malla

Reaction score
On the subject of Mbye, it is possible or even likely that he is not overly liked by his teammates, if so then please Chris and Deano just let him go ASAP because he could be destabilising the whole team.
As far as replacing him at fullback, their has not been to many players of Italian decent making it in the NRL. However there has been 2 champion fullbacks recently namely Minichello and now Tedesco, perhaps some might remind both Bergamin (it is an Italian name) and possibly Cerutto (the name sounds Italian) to get their finger out and have a real dig just like Mini and super Ted did.
I agree with you and think he is bad for the locker room. If he was any good and the team wanted to keep him then you would think we would have looked to offload other players before him but the fact Pay wanted him gone after the first couple of months really says something.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game was crying out for a Moses parts the RedV moment.. it never came
Haha that was the flukey game in 2015 where he believed he was king shit and milked Des for every red cent left in the salary cap

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talented player, he can slot into any of the spine positions and do a job. Not outstanding in any but a handy player to have at the right price.

The one thing about Cleary as a coach is that he gets the best out of his spine. Marshall & Brooks have been in form since he took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.