Moses to play final game against Titans - Mbye Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reading this makes my blood boil.... piss him off now. Cocky, arrogant little fucker he is.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/11...ng-about-possible-early-move-to-wests-tigers/

Moses Mbye claims to have had no conversations with anyone at the Bulldogs about leaving the club early and heading to the Wests Tigers for the remainder of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season.

But the goal-kicking fullback is quick to add that anything can happen in the NRL so he's not guaranteeing he will be with the Belmore club until round 25. Speculation in rugby league circles is that he will transfer before the June 30 deadline.

"In terms of an early move, no there hasn't been anything discussed," Mbye said after a strong game in Canterbury's 18-16 loss to the Dragons on Monday.

"But it's NRL ... anything can get up. [Tigers coach] Ivan [Cleary] stated in one of his press conferences that if they had an opportunity to get me over there early he would take it."

"I think the Tigers investing in me in a four-year term they'd want me to get there. I think everyone would. But like I said I haven't been approached by the club [Bulldogs] and I haven't approached the club about it."

"I guess we wait until the chips fall and see what happens."

Mbye said his message to Bulldogs fans was that he wanted to see the year out. But he was aware of the Belmore club's dire situation with back-ended contracts causing a salary cap squeeze for the next two years.

"Of course. I said from day one I wanted to stay," he said.

"I didn't want to be at the Tigers until next year if it was an ideal situation. But everyone is aware of the situation we're in and what needs to happen."

"So my heart will be at the Tigers for next year. But right now I'm playing at the Bulldogs. These are my mates. I've been at this club since I was 17 years old and the boys deserve my effort at least until the end of the year."

The Bulldogs are 3-10 after 14 rounds, which includes a bye. The club is virtually out of finals contention and that could weigh in the favour of Mbye being released early so the Dogs can create more room for themselves on the player market.

"I think any person who runs a club this size has the brains to think about that sort of situation," Mbye said.

"It'd be naïve to say it's not going to happen at all. It's the NRL and anything can happen. I'm like a broken record, I haven't been approached, so I'm playing how ever many games are left."

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF do you want the **** to say?

Comes across with half a brain, not his fault he’s being shopped around.
A month before this all came up people were hi fiving that we’d found our next fullback. Now everyone want to fuck him off tomorrow!
Happy for him to stay, if he puts in the rest of the year...not like there are many other options out there. Coote??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Moses played as well as he talked, he'd be better than Ponga, Tedesco, Slater, Trbojevic, Stewart, Patten, El Masri, and Rod Silva combined.

WTF do you want the **** to say?

Comes across with half a brain, not his fault he’s being shopped around.
A month before this all came up people were hi fiving that we’d found our next fullback. Now everyone want to fuck him off tomorrow!
Happy for him to stay, if he puts in the rest of the year...not like there are many other options out there. Coote??
He clearly doesn't want to be here. His first half showed that tonight (couldn't care less). In addition to his words here. He can't wait to see the back of the club. His attitude in previous interviews about this shows he doesn't want to be here.

Ship him off, promote Bergamin, and see how he goes for rest of season. JMK could even be trialled as well as Nu Brown at fullback (both have played the position before).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see why he is staying. We win with the salary cap, the Tigers win getting him to fullback & Mbye wins by playing in a winning team & will play finals. Make it happen.

PS I am sure the Bulldogs fans will pack his bags for him & carry him over ourselves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is something amiss going on with this. Mbye saying the club haven't spoken to him? Crazy administrative and man management skills from all concerned on show here....are they playing a game of who blinks first looses?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There is something amiss going on with this. Mbye saying the club haven't spoken to him? Crazy administrative and man management skills from all concerned on show here....are they playing a game of who blinks first looses?
Well Hill said we aren't shopping players around yet we all know that's a lie lol. I'd say Moses' mid season release is dependent on a few other players also making a move.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Hill said we aren't shopping players around yet we all know that's a lie lol. I'd say Moses' mid season release is dependent on a few other players also making a move.
Pay better get the next couple of recruitment moves right, as he seems intent in taking a mostly rookie spine into 2019. He better be getting some quality in the backline.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s like he knows he going but cheekily giving the dogs supporters hints and trying to rub it in because he’s got a big head from the commentators giving him wraps, truth is the team is a bunch of duds and he’s only standing out because we are making him look good by playing so bad ! It took him 14 rounds figure out how to support through the middle. Btw what is going on with the NRL app it’s just a rumour forum now lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does he realise if he was any good we wouldnt be fucking you off,hes so full of himself yet he just plays like he doesnt care

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ship him off. It’s not worth having him around, there’s no future for him and we’re likely getting the spoon.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Moses played as well as he talked, he'd be better than Ponga, Tedesco, Slater, Trbojevic, Stewart, Patten, El Masri, and Rod Silva combined.

He clearly doesn't want to be here. His first half showed that tonight (couldn't care less). In addition to his words here. He can't wait to see the back of the club. His attitude in previous interviews about this shows he doesn't want to be here.

Ship him off, promote Bergamin, and see how he goes for rest of season. JMK could even be trialled as well as Nu Brown at fullback (both have played the position before).
On the subject of Mbye, it is possible or even likely that he is not overly liked by his teammates, if so then please Chris and Deano just let him go ASAP because he could be destabilising the whole team.
As far as replacing him at fullback, their has not been to many players of Italian decent making it in the NRL. However there has been 2 champion fullbacks recently namely Minichello and now Tedesco, perhaps some might remind both Bergamin (it is an Italian name) and possibly Cerutto (the name sounds Italian) to get their finger out and have a real dig just like Mini and super Ted did.

Status
Not open for further replies.