Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks, Reynolds, Marshall, Mbye ... Good luck fitting those fat heads through the dressing room doors Tigers.

Why the FUCK are we paying anything towards his contract... if the Tigers wanted him, they should have taken over his entire contract.

Once again our fucking stupid club are paying overs for players to play AGAINST US, whilst reducing the amount we have to spend on replacements.

Fuck we are dumb... So much for them learning from the mistakes of the past board.

Next up will probably be Woods, Tolman, Lichaa, and probably Klemmer and Jackson as well.

Hell why not just give everyone away and pay for them to play for other clubs.
Who cares if we pay a small part of his contract? It's obviously gonna put us in a better position with the cap so what's the problem?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And zero shits were given by Alan when he heard this announced.

I'm happy enough to see him go. The fact that he's always been willing to talk up his own form when quite clearly he's the only one to think he's doing well has always irked me. He's always had the potential to be a great player with his footwork and pace. But he honestly just doesn't seem to go out of his way to try to change the way a game will go. I've seen him give up very early on when chasing in defense and you rarely see him backing up an attacking play. I guess that when you get handed a big money contract at a young age a lot of the desire to succeed goes away. He's been far better as a fullback, but I still don't think he's anything special. I certainly hope we're not paying a cent towards his contract and I don't think that we'll ever know. But if this means we can secure some more promising young talent I think we can possibly do better if we find someone with less talent or athletic ability, but more will to compete. Because a lot of the time I think that part of our issue right now is that we've got just enough players who give zero shits about the result and that rubs off on others.

Watch that door on the way out Mbye because I don't think anyone cares enough to hold it for you.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, this is a good thing. His contract was stated as being first 2 years 600k, last 2 years 900k.

We should be looking to offload every single player on our roster, except Klemmer (and RFM). The sooner we put a broom through the place the sooner we get back to where we belong. Ignore the noise from any fan who tells you otherwise.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, don't get wound up about us "paying out players" at other clubs.

At this point its absolutely what we should be doing. Anything to get rid of them. It's better to endure short term pain than have this bullshit drag out for a longer period of years.

Next year is a complete write off anyway, so pay them all out to play anywhere.

Reactions: TAS

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Very hard to swallow
Good luck to him he will be good at the tigers
But i fear losing klemmer before we are totally cap compliant !!!
That will be even tougher to swallow

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He asked for a release which means we don’t pay him anything from the cap
"Today I would like to confirm that Moses Mbye has sought a release from his current contract which the club has granted.

That's the way I'm reading it too. The article above states that Mbye has signed a 3 year deal with the Tigers but I'm hearing that it is a new 4 year deal.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotenks what’s the mood like that your fav player leaving ? Lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

At this point its absolutely what we should be doing. Anything to get rid of them. It's better to endure short term pain than have this bullshit drag out for a longer period of years.

In some cases I'd be a bit pissed off about us letting players go while we pay a dollar of their contract. James Graham for example was one of the players who would bust a nut trying to win. I'd trade Woods for Graham tomorrow based on the desire I've seen from Woods (or lack thereof). But Mbye is not a player that I can care about because I think he does more than enough caring about Mbye for everyone. I envy the fact that he's going to get through most of his career on long term big money contracts. I would almost bet that he'll coast through the first three years of his ciontract or until the Tigers start shopping hium around when he'll play some motivated football. But at the end of the career he'll be one of those players that people wonder how much better he could have been if he gave a shit.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry Marley but I must ask you. With your new user name are you coming out of the closet or just channeling HBK Shaun Micheals???
It's no coincidence that he's re-branded himself in such a fashion at the same time of learning his wet dream Mbye was on the market

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score

Im not so sure next year will be a total write off tbh ... if we keep clearing out the overpaid players (not saying over rated ) but over paid then we will be able to buy in the right areas ...

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
In some cases I'd be a bit pissed off about us letting players go while we pay a dollar of their contract. James Graham for example was one of the players who would bust a nut trying to win. I'd trade Woods for Graham tomorrow based on the desire I've seen from Woods (or lack thereof). But Mbye is not a player that I can care about because I think he does more than enough caring about Mbye for everyone. I envy the fact that he's going to get through most of his career on long term big money contracts. I would almost bet that he'll coast through the first three years of his ciontract or until the Tigers start shopping hium around when he'll play some motivated football. But at the end of the career he'll be one of those players that people wonder how much better he could have been if he gave a shit.
Eg braith anasta

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can go to the tigers. Lolohea is shit for them, and the sooner we can find a new FB the better
It does the Bulldogs no good having him counting down the days till he leaves. If Tigers want him let’s get something out of them like wether that’s salary cap room or a player.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have gone back on our word again what was it a month
I can't even go to games i lose my shit watching this rable,
I know that the board walked in on a mess but fmd How dumb must everyone involved have been

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good fucking riddance and suck shit to the tigers, now it's us doggies supporters turn to laugh when he does fuck all for your shitty club, now to piss off Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.