Morris is still not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With the surgery he had, he's probably just still very stiff and not up to full pace with our sprint coach yet.

Like when you have surgery, your shoulder is stiff and limited in movement for quite a while after it.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are we risking him , I rather give him the whole season off until next year, His knee is pretty fked up still. At this rate I don't even want him in the team.... What do you guys think?
In the 27th minute Morris took a pass on the left flank that would normally have led to a try but he stopped as if shot.

Near the end Corey Thompson made a break down the right flank, put in a kick which Morris chased. Morris lost control of his momentum and bombed the try.

Perrett went off injured, Morris went to fullback and twice screwed up big time because he couldn't run.

IMO Morris is a liability playing with his injured knee. He has lost it in attack and obviously would be lacking in defence as well. He shouldn't play until he is fit.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If morris doesnt improve or his leg falls off who plays centre now we released Inu? How is Stanley coming along and can he go more than 1 game without being injured? Dont suggest Low...... Maybe Jackson or Williams??

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
We need him for his defense if nothing else.

Truth be told, if he didn't drop that ball at the end and he scored, they wouldn't have got their second try and we'd be singing his praises.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$30k per origin.

I'd be out there even I I had a ballsack removed the previous day ffs.

He's being paid either way by the dogs on his contract whether he plays or not so why would he give a stuff.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A 100% Inu is Hayne level stuff lol, rare but possible.
Agree inu at 100% was a freak.

morris is a liar he has been hobbling around since he came back I've noticed it in every game since his return. To blame the strapping is sad.

I think think it was very selfish of him to play in the dead rubber.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
LOL @ not playing Morris 4 the rest of the season...
ofcourse hes not at a 100%...

reasons y morris will stay in the squad

1) we are obviously much better in defence when he is playing
2) weather at 100% or not....he is still a threat in attack...and will attract defenders to him leaving more space for the players either side of him
3) thought his showed some pace when corey chipped and he ran through...too bad he had butter fingers...
4) Des would never drop Jmoz
5) the bloke has hardly scored all year...he is saving his tries for the finals

heres to hoping his knee gets alot better in the next couple of weeks and he is fit and firing come September

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only good thing going for him at the moment is his defence. But good luck trying to chase down a break.

Offence is no chance with that banged up knee.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
1) we are obviously much better in defence when he is playing

Before Morris cameback... We were getting carved up on his side in defence! He makes a massive difference and really doesn't need to be at 100% to be a better option then anyone else!

Every week his knee will get better... More physio and time to heal.

C

choice

Why are we risking him , I rather give him the whole season off until next year, His knee is pretty fked up still. At this rate I don't even want him in the team.... What do you guys think?
he is literally legless, he looked so slow last night, i heard on a interview with him last night that he blamed the strapping?
but he wasnt getting involved at all.
for all this wanting thompson at fullback, last night would have been a perfect example to give him a run there, but hasler still didnt

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I find it hard to be critical of him for playing at the moment when he isn't 100%. The simple fact remains we've had less points scored against us in the last two weeks combined than our last loss, we were bleeding points down his side and that's stopped.

Rather than being critical I think people should be grateful that we have a guy who is willing to put his own health and comfort to the side for the good of the team.

Let's face it a 50% fit Morris is better than Low

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I reckon the strapping was changed intentionally for this game.
Souths probably don't see Morris as much of a threat now.
Smoke and mirrors?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I listened to the game working in the scrub, sounded like Morris's worst game at Canterbury, he should of had last night off.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately the whole NRL now know that he can't run properly yet.

He will probably be targeted in the next few games.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon the strapping was changed intentionally for this game.
Souths probably don't see Morris as much of a threat now.
Smoke and mirrors?
Unless I'm missing your sarcasm, I'd say that's a very high risk move just to make souths think that Morris isn't a threat, considering we were still playing just to make the finals.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Defensively, we need him badly.

Whoever says he should be rested for the season is a fool.

He will have 4 months in the off-season to rest up.
I'm already hearing he will be lucky to play against Souths next week, let alone the rest of the season.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks fat... What's with the double chin??? Lol.. But he is still a gun centre and we need him badly in defence.

I can't see him chasing down Sean Johnson and tackling him over the sideline anymore.. Well not for this year anyway :(

Do u think he will get picked to play for Australia at the end of this season??

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks fat... What's with the double chin??? Lol.. But he is still a gun centre and we need him badly in defence.

I can't see him chasing down Sean Johnson and tackling him over the sideline anymore.. Well not for this year anyway :(

Do u think he will get picked to play for Australia at the end of this season??
nah he most likely won't get pciked

Status
Not open for further replies.