Morris is still not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately the whole NRL now know that he can't run properly yet.

He will probably be targeted in the next few games.
I think next week he'll be against Dylan Walker and Lote Tuquiri? That walker guy is fkn fast, not to mention Souths have Johnston and auva'a too. Hope Morris' defence will be top notch

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buttttt desssss you promised I could play origin! You never let me do anything! I hate you!!

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree inu at 100% was a freak.

morris is a liar he has been hobbling around since he came back I've noticed it in every game since his return. To blame the strapping is sad.

I think think it was very selfish of him to play in the dead rubber.

I'll buy you a chicken dinner the day something of sensibility slips out of your tonsils !

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do players that are selected for Origin have any say in not playing? I thought that they were normally ruled out by the origin team Doctor. Don't know if he had any choice but to play if he was passed fit, dead rubber or not. I don't think the knee is hampering him in the physical sense but he certainly has lost his confidence. All reports indicate that the knee is a manageable proposition; it does affect his take off from a standing start but it is stablilized.He has lived with the same problem to his other knee and manages it with intense physio and a special training program.Injuries can muck with your head but hopefully he can bounce back with a stellar performance this Thursday.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do players that are selected for Origin have any say in not playing? I thought that they were normally ruled out by the origin team Doctor. Don't know if he had any choice but to play if he was passed fit, dead rubber or not. I don't think the knee is hampering him in the physical sense but he certainly has lost his confidence. All reports indicate that the knee is a manageable proposition; it does affect his take off from a standing start but it is stablilized.He has lived with the same problem to his other knee and manages it with intense physio and a special training program.Injuries can muck with your head but hopefully he can bounce back with a stellar performance this Thursday.
If you are picked for a rep team and deemed fit you have to play unless you retire from all forms of rep footy, its pretty stupid ey there will be times players can't be bothered lol

B

BoonReturns

Why are we risking him , I rather give him the whole season off until next year, His knee is pretty fked up still. At this rate I don't even want him in the team.... What do you guys think?
Because without him we are no chance of winning the comp. He is still our best player

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He looks fat... What's with the double chin??? Lol.. But he is still a gun centre and we need him badly in defence.

I can't see him chasing down Sean Johnson and tackling him over the sideline anymore.. Well not for this year anyway :(

Do u think he will get picked to play for Australia at the end of this season??
On current form he would be no chance, i would prefer he didn't get selected anyway, he always plays better when he has to earn his jerseys back lol. But yeah i would say Walker would be a better chance atm, but Hayne will probably partner G.I in the centres once more.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can get by without a PCL, I should know, I just had mine reconstructed 12 years after tearing it. But it's preposterous that he has come back so soon !
Post PCL tear, you have no stability until you build your quads to compensate. There is no way he's achieved that in a couple of weeks.
It would feel like he's stepping into a pothole every time he tries to pull up or change direction.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can get by without a PCL, I should know, I just had mine reconstructed 12 years after tearing it. But it's preposterous that he has come back so soon !
Post PCL tear, you have no stability until you build your quads to compensate. There is no way he's achieved that in a couple of weeks.
It would feel like he's stepping into a pothole every time he tries to pull up or change direction.
Thanks for the insight. How long did it take for you to get good mobility and strength back?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. How long did it take for you to get good mobility and strength back?
It's a funny thing, a PCL tear. 2 weeks after I tore it when the swelling had gone down, I was virtually pain free, so felt like I could do anything.....till I tried.
I didn't take my rehab seriously, after I tore it and paid the price later.
12 years later, an MRI showed meniscal cysts on my co-lateral meniscus and grade 3-4 (4 is as bad as it gets) cartilage wear on ALL load bearing surfaces, which is the reason for the reconstruction. I was basically looking at a knee replacement before the age of 40.
It's for this reason that I fear, we're doing J-Moz more harm, than he's doing good for the team.
There's no way he fully rehabilitated that knee in the time he had off.
The post season will do him wonders, if he hasn't already done irreparable damage to his knee...and his confidence.
Anyway, I'm 11 months post-reco, and only now am I starting to get confident in it.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
On current form he would be no chance, i would prefer he didn't get selected anyway, he always plays better when he has to earn his jerseys back lol. But yeah i would say Walker would be a better chance atm, but Hayne will probably partner G.I in the centres once more.
as a morris fan i hope he makes it as a dogs fan i hope he recovers in the off season and come back to his best next year

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His quads would already be large and powerful enough to compensate for a PCL tear though right?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a funny thing, a PCL tear. 2 weeks after I tore it when the swelling had gone down, I was virtually pain free, so felt like I could do anything.....till I tried.
I didn't take my rehab seriously, after I tore it and paid the price later.
12 years later, an MRI showed meniscal cysts on my co-lateral meniscus and grade 3-4 (4 is as bad as it gets) cartilage wear on ALL load bearing surfaces, which is the reason for the reconstruction. I was basically looking at a knee replacement before the age of 40.
It's for this reason that I fear, we're doing J-Moz more harm, than he's doing good for the team.
There's no way he fully rehabilitated that knee in the time he had off.
The post season will do him wonders, if he hasn't already done irreparable damage to his knee...and his confidence.
Anyway, I'm 11 months post-reco, and only now am I starting to get confident in it.
Well its not like its his first time in this position. Didnt he do his right knee a few years back?

Maybe the docs have some others tricks now for this these days.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didnt slater have a similar injury where he could barely run for afew weeks? From what i remember after 3 or 4 games he was flying again.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt slater have a similar injury where he could barely run for afew weeks? From what i remember after 3 or 4 games he was flying again.
I think your right. Maybe GI has done the same in the past. Apparently its a common injury.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think inglis also had something similar, where he was running below 100% capacity, but his injury would not be worsened by this running. Even though he was still recovering.

Something like this anyway.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
He clearly has no confidence in the knee and cant run at full pace . Hopefully it can be sorted soon .

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His quads would already be large and powerful enough to compensate for a PCL tear though right?
You'd think so, but it doesn't really work that way. The more you build your quads the further your patella tendon stretches.
It doesn't really matter how big you were before, it'll still be lax after and you'll need to build above what you had before.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Question - does a club have the right to pull a player out of SOO selection if they're coming back from injury and haven't played club yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.