Moore left to defend the troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes his role at halfbak will be reviewed, that does mean he mite not play??
ali chalan, why do you hate daniel holdsworth. i reckon he is twice as good as some halfbacks when he is on form.

p.s. go back to 8b1 in malek fahd

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe all of the Moore bashing. Oh wait....Yes I can.

Where were all of the Moore bashers last week? Or the week before? Nowhere? But we lose one game where the players were pathetic in their lack of efforts and commitment and Moore is a terrible coach who should axe half the team in the first week of the finals?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moore is the worst coach ever.

Now take us to a premiership baby!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kevin M. admitted that we were terrible last night. He also said that we could improve. Does anyone doubt that we could improve on that game?? A 50% share of the ball would have seen us very competitive.

Imagine that last night, we rode on the back of easy penalties, had 60% of the ball, and nothing to lose. If we won by only 22 points some of you would be concerned that we have no killer instinct to be going into the finals.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Morrin has been playing very well in NSW Cup. Do you understand the gap in quality between 20s and FG? and even 20s and NSW cup.
Bull****, if the players are good enough they can easily go from 20's to FG.
Alex Glen and McCullough for the Broncos have been awesome this year straight from 20's, Mortimer straight from 20's, etc They've all made the jump and performed very well after a few games of FG under their belt. Their is a fair gap but if a players ready they can make the jump regardless of the team in particular is going. Just because that team is getting flogged doesn't make all the 20's bad.

However what I do agree is it's too late to be putting new players n when the team is coming 2nd / in the finals now. I also don't think players should of been given a go when the team was winning, you don't change a winning team and I fully support Moore on that.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bull****, if the players are good enough they can easily go from 20's to FG.
Alex Glen and McCullough for the Broncos have been awesome this year straight from 20's, Mortimer straight from 20's, etc They've all made the jump and performed very well after a few games of FG under their belt.

However what I do agree is it's too late to be putting new players n when the team is coming 2nd / in the finals now. I also don't think players should of been given a go when the team was winning, you don't change a winning team and I fully support Moore on that.
Some players can go from 20s to FG str8 away. How many though? Less than 10%, so no you are so wrong on all levels. There is a massive difference between 20s and FG, and if you think otherwise, then you have really no clue what so ever. The players that do make it str8 away are 'the better players' :whacky:

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Some players can go from 20s to FG str8 away. How many though? Less than 10%, so no you are so wrong on all levels. There is a massive difference between 20s and FG, and if you think otherwise, then you have really no clue what so ever. The players that do make it str8 away are 'the better players' :whacky:
Um and who said promote the whole team? :whacky:
I was making the point that some players are ready and can be taken straight from 20's to FG regardless of how the team their playing in is going. The bulldogs FG team last year was rubbish, does that make everyone who played in it last year rubbish? There's only about 2~ players a year who go from 20's to FG anyway so that's about 10% so your argument was wrong on all levels, next time try to understand a point before arguing against it.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Um and who said promote the whole team? :whacky:
I was making the point that some players are ready and can be taken straight from 20's to FG regardless of how the team their playing in is going. The bulldogs FG team last year was rubbish, does that make everyone who played in it last year rubbish? There's only about 2~ players a year who go from 20's to FG anyway so that's about 10% so your argument was wrong on all levels, next time try to understand a point before arguing against it.
and how many stay up? not many. Your argument is still wrong. Everyone knows the under 20s is a joke, ur just jizzing that u have a couple of players who have come up and played well.

Mcwateva his name has been ok without being spectacular, same goes with winterstein. Had 2 good games and then everyone jizzed over him. Only a few players in the past 2 years have actually played well.

Alex Glen, Josh Dugan, Dan Mortimer and a couple of others. So to think otherwise, is foolish and niave. The sooner the NRL realises they are harming the under 20s rather than helping them, the better. Its a stupid concept which is doomed to fail sooner or later. And yes the jump is massive. Jess was spot on 100%

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
and how many stay up? not many. Your argument is still wrong. Everyone knows the under 20s is a joke, ur just jizzing that u have a couple of players who have come up and played well.

Mcwateva his name has been ok without being spectacular, same goes with winterstein. Had 2 good games and then everyone jizzed over him. Only a few players in the past 2 years have actually played well.

Alex Glen, Josh Dugan, Dan Mortimer and a couple of others. So to think otherwise, is foolish and niave. The sooner the NRL realises they are harming the under 20s rather than helping them, the better. Its a stupid concept which is doomed to fail sooner or later. And yes the jump is massive. Jess was spot on 100%
It's making a lot of money, money is what runs the game, therefore it's successful.

It's a massive step up but that doesn't mean if a players good enough he should be bagged or anything he does is not worth much because it's inferior competition. There are many players who have made the jump and this whole how many games thing is stupid, there are many players who get promoted from NSWcup and get dropped after a few weeks. If the players good enough then their good enough and there are definitely a few, not every player is ready to play FG before 20 but some are.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sack moore imo

18-6 is not good enough

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Its not the end of the world - we lost a nothing game to a team who had nothing to play for and that plays well in 10-15 minute bursts...we were looking ahead to the finals and didjnt have much luck - this happens in the work place when you have a bad day at work and happens on the footy field . we havent lost two in a row all season and we will beat whoever we play because the way we bounce back is what makes our club great.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moores such a cool character. If was coach I would broken something last night, and blasted the team for their piss weak effort.

We were shown up last night and I really feel it was what was needed, the team needs to pull its fingers out and realise the business end of the year is upon us, and we are far from "perfect" and far from certainties of getting anywhere in the finals.

Maltese Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Turn it up guys... Lets sack half the team coz we lost last night.
We had a S*** game last night from the opening whistle, 50/50 calls didnt go our way and it was simply just not our night...

I think its not the fact that Holdsworth is there, its the fact that Kimmorley isnt there, he's much more to this team than just a halfback, he's like another Captain out there. Holdsworth did NOT lose us that game last night, plenty of other guys dropping the ball and making mistakes.

Heads up and look forward to next week, alot of teams cant do that, but we can... :grinning:

Come on Doggies! ! !

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
Turn it up guys... Lets sack half the team coz we lost last night.
We had a S*** game last night from the opening whistle, 50/50 calls didnt go our way and it was simply just not our night...

I think its not the fact that Holdsworth is there, its the fact that Kimmorley isnt there, he's much more to this team than just a halfback, he's like another Captain out there. Holdsworth did NOT lose us that game last night, plenty of other guys dropping the ball and making mistakes.

Heads up and look forward to next week, alot of teams cant do that, but we can... :grinning:

Come on Doggies! ! !
Well said, we shouldnt b blaming the loss on Holdsworth, the entire TEAM playd awfully! Good luckk to em nex week :grinning:

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
well then we must be a one man team. We cant win without our halfback :(
Indeed we are, Holdsworth/Roberts is losing combination

Morrin has been playing very well in NSW Cup. Do you understand the gap in quality between 20s and FG? and even 20s and NSW cup
I understand what your saying, but I never said put Barba in for 80 minutes and see what he'll do ...

I said Moore had an entire year to beginning preparing him.

We have an 80 minute back row, 60 70 minute forwards, we didn't need 4 experienced players on the bench.

We had a perfect set up to beginning introduction our young players. Kite for example would still be here if he saw the coach was showing SOME interest

marfo666

atway ahbray?
Reaction score
Dont even start me on the gap between 20s and FG. A few good under 20's games shouldnt make automatic selection to FG.
EXACTLY... the gap between the two grades is huge.... every week on fox they bang on about how Toyota Cup is all attack and less on defence. Proof of this is Jamal Idris who can run thru 4 NRL players but looks like a 4yr old in defense. Im not a fan of holdsworth but if Kev chooses Barba and is **** everyone will get on here and say why did he go with Barba. He's choosing the more consistent option. If he does choose Barba and he goes well i will eat my words but i doubt anyone will do the same for Holdsworth or Kev. EEDZ - where'd u get such a robust insight into the world of professional rugby league coaching. I doubt what Kev says has little relevance even on an experienced player like Noddy. Noddy actually said on fox a few weeks ago that a big reason for his form is he got back in contact with his former coach, Anderson from Storm days???

marfo666

atway ahbray?
Reaction score
and we cant just "bleed in" new players at the expense of FG. even as interchange. to bring in kite and barba etc. would take spots from Armit, Warburton, possibly Eastwood - consitent players who get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.