No Source Moeaki Fotuaika

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After the brief on the club’s position on line. This one won’t be happening soon. I don’t think Gus will let the club spend big on players unless key positions. He will try like Bennett’s philosophy bring them through young keen and cheap let others over pay to pry them off you

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After the brief on the club’s position on line. This one won’t be happening soon. I don’t think Gus will let the club spend big on players unless key positions. He will try like Bennett’s philosophy bring them through young keen and cheap let others over pay to pry them off you
Didn't Gus spend big on RCG and Blake at the Panthers?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn't Gus spend big on RCG and Blake at the Panthers?
I believe so. But I also believe with the changes in the game the things done five years ago and prototype of player from 3 years ago is no longer what is required. So he possibly has changed his position on spend on players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I believe so. But I also believe with the changes in the game the things done five years ago and prototype of player from 3 years ago is no longer what is required. So he possibly has changed his position on spend on players
Maybe. I just don't buy into the hype with Gus right now, guess we will see.

Reactions: ATT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's already one of the best and most consistent props in the comp and he's still quite young.. As soon as they signed Fifita and Tino for nearly $2 million combined, it was only a matter of time before they lost Moeaki. They can't afford to have so many high priced forwards.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he leaves I think the Tigers get him. They will be hurting after the TPJ miss.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he leaves I think the Tigers get him. They will be hurting after the TPJ miss.
Foutaika looks like a follower, not a leader. They're crying out for leaders. That's where their salary cap needs to go.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a no brainer, get him if we can. Still only young, particularly in front rower years, will be a long term SOO player and fringe Australuan player. Put's in a consistent effort from week to week. I'd be stoked if he was in blue and white.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd re-evaluate your stats or better yet go to spec savers. Moeaki is way off. I like the guy but not if you're going to say he is at the same level or near the same level as Haas.
We all know what he meant bud so don’t take his opinion out of context ok, it’s not worth starting an argument over which happens way too much on TK!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred him to TPJ.
I think he is more consistent & would have come cheaper. He may not reach the stellar moments TPJ is capable of, problem is TPJ only has done it 2 or 3 times a season. Mo performs at a consistently high level most games..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred him to TPJ.
I think he is more consistent & would have come cheaper. He may not reach the stellar moments TPJ is capable of, problem is TPJ only has done it 2 or 3 times a season. Mo performs at a consistently high level most games..
Vaughn has been signed for 2022 only and Fotuaika's contract with the Titans runs out at the end of the 2022 season... whether it's Fotuaika or not, I expect the club to make a play for another prop for 2023

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah was disappointed we didn't have ago at him a few years ago, an 18 year old coming into first grade and showing lots of props how its done... But he extended with the Titans...

Maybe Gus is hoping someone like Patolo or Tuifua kick on... I know Patolo had a very ordinary first game in... But his few games since have been pretty solid he is a 19 year old that is probably doing as good a job as Ogden 25 or Atoni 26 were doing.

Ok just turned 20...

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, particularly that first game, every time I see him he stands out, leg drive and deceptive pace, he’s the modern day front rower, like the opposite of Klemmer.
You and I could stand out,against our mob not hard.