Mitchell Pearce released

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most rumours are true these days. Well Pearce did jack all for easts. Sbw won them the 2013 premiership. Pearce just goes missing in big games. Most Roosters fans I know won’t miss him.
Agree 100%. His form after origin this year was garbage. He is a fine player when the side is traveling well during a match, but he can’t lift a team or turn the screws. Glad to see the back of him .

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch this space for another big signing at the rorters. Suddenly they'll have cap space.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is he, or someone from the Roosters, quoted on this?
They said it on NRL 360 2 weeks ago. They said Trent Robinson told him this will be the spine:

1. James Tedesco
6. Luke Keary
7.Cooper Cronk
9. Jake Friend

14. Mitchell Pearce

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They said it on NRL 360 2 weeks ago. They said Trent Robinson told him this will be the spine:

1. James Tedesco
6. Luke Keary
7.Cooper Cronk
9. Jake Friend

14. Mitchell Pearce
That's mere speculation, and there are other sources claiming Robinson wanted them as halves partners.

If he was asked to come off the bench, then I'd understand his move

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's mere speculation, and there are other sources claiming Robinson wanted them as halves partners.

If he was asked to come off the bench, then I'd understand his move
Keary is on less than half of Keary's money. The Roosters didn't want Pearce after they siigned Cronk.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here Pearcey Pearcy Pearcy. That a good boy. Yes, very good boy.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce is released!

....and dogs everywhere are now hiding under the bed and in closets.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch this space for another big signing at the rorters. Suddenly they'll have cap space.
As pathetic as it is, they actually will. The NRL seemed to register cronks dodgy contract with pearce still contracted to the club, so logically they now have all that pearce money to spend again. It's fuckin unbelievable.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As pathetic as it is, they actually will. The NRL seemed to register cronks dodgy contract with pearce still contracted to the club, so logically they now have all that pearce money to spend again. It's fuckin unbelievable.
I read in an article somewhere they needed a decision from Pearce asap so they could use his $800k on another player if he was leaving. Add to that Nikorimas money and they could easily bluff the NRL into registering another major contract.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but I smell a Nick Politis rat here.
Think about it....as reported "Roosters have all of a sudden found $650-$700K in their salary cap". Wow, how did they all of a sudden have this much extra in the kitty? I will tell you how! They never had it to start off with! This looks like another Nick Politis masterstroke by pulling the wool over the eyes of all....including his own players!
I think what Politis has done is that he had an arrangement with Cronks management that he will give $700K plus TPA (Ferrari to go with his Mosman Mansion) but to give him some time.
This is why Cronk hasn't announced anything yet. So, to get the $700K, he needs to offload Pearce but quietly so that way no one knows what he is really up to! To do that, instead of shopping Pearce around whereby the clubs would then try to get him at 50% of his contract, Politis comes out and says that they can keep Pearce and Friend, fully knowing that he can't. Politis knowing Pearce and his huge ego knows that Pearce won't accept being 2nd fiddle and asks for a release which apparently he has done now. Clubs like Cronulla, Penrith, Parra and Souhs who were all vying for Cronk have now turned their attention to get Pearce but as Pearce now wants a release, the clubs have to pay the full amount. What this also does, it detracts any further interest to Cronk as the clubs have now accepted the fact that Cronk is all but signed with the Rorters.

Thoughts?

Pearce Off!! Mitchell Pearce set to depart Sydney Roosters

Mitchell Pearce has informed Trent Robinson that he’s set to explore his options at rival clubs, paving the way for Cooper Cronk to sign with the Sydney Roosters.

Parramatta and Cronulla have both pulled out of the race for the Maroon’s half, leaving the tricolours as the sole suitors for the halfback’s signature. Though unfortunately for the Bondi club, it’s set to cost them one of their favourite sons

Pearce debuted for the Roosters in 2007, featuring in 238 NRL games for the club, captaining them on multiple occasions as well as leading the side to a 2013 premiership. At only 28 years of age, Pearce has a lot of football in front of him.

Despite being under contract until the end of 2019, Pearce is set to walk following claims thatLuke Keary is in deep negotiations on a three-year contract extension, along with the impending announcement of Cooper Cronk on a two-year deal.

Reports have already emerged that the Manly Sea Eagles are set to pounce on Pearce if he is to be released, in effect releasing Blake Green to join the New Zealand Warriors.
The Cronulla Sharks and Newcastle Knights are also watching Pearce closely.

Controversy has plagued Pearce throughout his eleven year NRL career, though his on-field performances have justified his retention to the Bondi club. While his State of Origin form has been mixed to put it kindly, his club game has always been strong, and his combination with Luke Keary has flourished in such a short amount of time.

But Trent Robinson’s apparent desperation for a second premiership is set to see all that go out the window, with the recruitment of Origin superstars Cronk and James Tedesco

Despite Nick Politis stating he wants Pearce playing with the Roosters ‘until he’s 35’, it now appears the club won’t stand in his way if he does officially request a release. Chewing up close to $1 million of the salary cap, it’d be insanity to keep Pearce there when his heart isn’t in it anymore.

The Roosters favouritism for the 2018 premiership is set to firm when the tricolours do announce the signing of the Kangaroo’s half, a spine of James Tedesco, Luke Keary, Cooper Cronk and Jake Friend one of the most formidable in the competition.

Cronk is expected to fly to Sydney following Australia’s match against England on Friday night, with an official announcement coming next week. Meanwhile, Pearce is set to holiday over in America and will sort out his future when he returns.

Looking at it now, it appears Mitchell Pearce’s days at Bondi are all but over.

Source...
https://www.zerotackle.com/pearce-off-mitchell-set-depart-sydney-roosters-30008/

Looks like I wasn't far off the mark with my comment a few weeks ago....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read in an article somewhere they needed a decision from Pearce asap so they could use his $800k on another player if he was leaving. Add to that Nikorimas money and they could easily bluff the NRL into registering another major contract.
Yh Buzz said that on 360 weeks ago and i almost pissed myself from laughing. Buzz is in Politis' pocket for sure.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh Buzz said that on 360 weeks ago and i almost pissed myself from laughing. Buzz is in Politis' pocket for sure.
Yeah I remember you mentioning that. Plus he wrote that article giving estimates of salaries to say they were under the cap and could afford Cronk. Definetely being looked after by uncle Nick.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
look I have nothing to support my theory but apparently a high profile union player is switching to league next year..... folau to the roosters now? I just got a feeling....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like I wasn't far off the mark with my comment a few weeks ago....
Sure you don't work for uncle nick? If not the dogs need to hire you to look after recruitment/the books lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying this for years. DCE was really the 5/8 and Foran the halfback when they played together. That's why DCE struggled so bad in 2016 with Dylan Walker at 5/8. In 2017 they put Blake Green next to him who controlled the team and DCE was on fire.
Which is why I am happy with the Foran signing. We need someone who will run and control our team. Before things at Parra went pear-shaped he was outstanding as a number 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.