Michael Lichaa DV charge and current Bulldog not of interest to Police.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10k is a pretty light let off considering he’s had other issues and I’m a fan of the bloke. On top of that 10k I hope he got the warning of his life and hopefully the club offered some support as he obviously has a problem with alcohol so before that is addressed things won’t change. Let’s just hope we don’t have too many players in our team that are friends with lichaa so it doesn’t ruffle any feathers

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa only played for us a few seasons ago. There'd be a few players in the FG squad and reserves that would still be friends with him. I doubt Elliott is the only one that's friends with him. It's not like Lichaa is some groupie that none of them knew.

Besides, how can you "trust" someone who isn't "honest", shows no "respect" and isn't properly held "accountable"? All I'm saying is Baz's pillars all get put to the test with this story and if they do nothing then how can you preach those same values?

If they keep Elliott, then so be it but those pillars or values should never get mentioned again if that's the case.
Personally ... I think this whole thing has been beat up a bit too much.

Do you honestly think we can go to every player in our squad and say that each one of them is honest, shows respect and is properly held accountable by the club? There's no way.

I why is it so much more important that the players knew Lichaa personally? For me, it doesn't matter who it is they should all feel the same disgust. The don't though. And this is where the hypocracy comes in.

If they want to draw the line in the sand and say this is not on, then they need to do it with every case no matter whether the recipient is known to the players or not.

On what basis can they honestly sack the guy? I'm yet to hear a good reason? Because of the pillars?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most players cheat on their partners. No one cares about that. Doing it to an ex teammate who only played for us two seasons ago, still knows people in the squad, and who you're the best man for while the groom to be and his kids are asleep inside the house is much different than fucking random women on the side.
And this is the problem. We're trying to sensationalise this as if it's some HUGE deal when, as you say, most players cheat on their partners. And many of them sleep with married women.

People are being a little egotistical about this imo. Because it's an ex player who's still got friends at the club apparently makes it worse than if it were some random. It's all the same to me.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's wild. Could you imagine if Lou Williams played in the NRL. The bloke had two girlfriends at the same time, infamously goes out to clubs/ stripclubs/ parties all the way through to the early hours of the morning on game days and is still one of the greatest 6th men of all time. Literally, no one gives a shit. There may be one or two comments, but it has no bearing on his on-the-court performances. I bring this up because Lou Williams is my idol:
I don’t know who that is mate I don’t follow (I assume) American sports but my point in responding to your post was that the media are definitely complicit in blowing things up - especially when there’s still relatively little RL news until the season starts.

I deliberately haven’t said anything about Herb in this thread one way or another. Despite various claims there’s only 3 people who truly know what happened and perhaps more than 1 of them don’t remember very well. Liccha is in court today - I’m willing to see what facts emerge either way before casting aspersions.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t know who that is mate I don’t follow (I assume) American sports but my point in responding to your post was that the media are definitely complicit in blowing things up - especially when there’s still relatively little RL news until the season starts.

I deliberately haven’t said anything about Herb in this thread one way or another. Despite various claims there’s only 3 people who truly know what happened and perhaps more than 1 of them don’t remember very well. Liccha is in court today - I’m willing to see what facts emerge either way before casting aspersions.
As always, you speak the voice of reason DD. You should become a journalist ;)

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know it's hypocritical. But I couldn't care less how many married women Elliott or any other player sleeps with. It's the fact that he did it to a mate. It's a team sport. Lichaa is a former player who is still mates with alot of the playing group. I might be wrong but in terms of building a strong team culture and trust amongst the playing group I couldn't imagine how that's possible with characters like Eliott around who touch there mates wife's in there own house while kids are asleep. It's a dog and selfish act. I highly doubt the players would want him around after this and if that's the case then he needs to look elsewhere.
Everyone keeps saying Lichaa is mates with a lot of the playing group

Please tell.me who these players are ?
As I understand it most of the guys he played with have left

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And this is the problem. We're trying to sensationalise this as if it's some HUGE deal when, as you say, most players cheat on their partners. And many of them sleep with married women.

People are being a little egotistical about this imo. Because it's an ex player who's still got friends at the club apparently makes it worse than if it were some random. It's all the same to me.
Of course it's the same in theory but in reality a team dynamic and locker room culture is all built on trust. If you can't trust your teammate, or there are divisions in the locker room because of any relationships with Lichaa, then that's where it potentially becomes an issue and is completely different to normal infidelity that occurs in another situation. Whether that will be an issue or not remains to be seen.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course it's the same in theory but in reality a team dynamic and locker room culture is all built on trust. If you can't trust your teammate, or there are divisions in the locker room because of any relationships with Lichaa, then that's where it potentially becomes an issue and is completely different to normal infidelity that occurs in another situation. Whether that will be an issue or not remains to be seen.
Get it. I really do. But perhaps this shows the ... emptiness of players? It's OK to do it to THAT family, but when you do it to someone I know ... FUCK NO!

I get that it may impact the team. Of course it's rawer when it's actually in your face, so I can understand the concern about this situation. But if we want to quote Baz on the four pillars or whatever, then we need to be consistent about it with everything. Go to the core rather than just skimming the top, otherwise ... what's the point?

Which is why I say that Elliot has really done no different to many other players. The only real difference was / is that he chose the 'wrong' person to do it with.

I just can't see how any punishment can be dished out in good faith, when they know they probably should give out the same punishments to a whole number of players. The fact that he did it with an ex player's wife shouldn't make a difference.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying Lichaa is mates with a lot of the playing group

Please tell.me who these players are ?
As I understand it most of the guys he played with have left
Jackson, Napa, Hoppa, Meaney, DWZ, Renouf, Ogden, RFM and others all played with Lichaa. Whether any of them are friends or not, I don't know.. Lichaa could also know other newer players in the squad from his junior rep footy days when he was a Junior Kangaroo.

Reactions: J_B

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get it. I really do. But perhaps this shows the ... emptiness of players? It's OK to do it to THAT family, but when you do it to someone I know ... FUCK NO!

I get that it may impact the team. Of course it's rawer when it's actually in your face, so I can understand the concern about this situation. But if we want to quote Baz on the four pillars or whatever, then we need to be consistent about it with everything. Go to the core rather than just skimming the top, otherwise ... what's the point?

Which is why I say that Elliot has really done no different to many other players. The only real difference was / is that he chose the 'wrong' person to do it with.

I just can't see how any punishment can be dished out in good faith, when they know they probably should give out the same punishments to a whole number of players. The fact that he did it with an ex player's wife shouldn't make a difference.
That's what I'm saying.. Throw out the four pillars then because they mean nothing. And if Elliott did nothing wrong, why fine him 10k? What does a 10k fine achieve in this scenario? What did he learn from his last fine? Are they going to donate it to some charity for men who have been cuckolded by their best man?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson, Napa, Hoppa, Meaney, DWZ, Renouf, Ogden, RFM and others all played with Lichaa. Whether any of them are friends or not, I don't know.. Lichaa could also know other newer players in the squad from his junior rep footy days when he was a Junior Kangaroo.
I know for a fact Lichaaa is real close with Wakeham, Kalache and Hoppa idk about the rest of the boys

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying.. Throw out the four pillars then because they mean nothing. And if Elliott did nothing wrong, why fine him 10k? What does a 10k fine achieve in this scenario? What did he learn from his last fine? Are they going to donate it to some charity for men who have been cuckolded by their best man?
Got ya. And agree. If he's been fined 10k I'd really like to understand for what. Not defending Elliot's actions in the slightest, but I truly don't understand what code he's broken other than being a **** of a friend.

Fines don't do shit. Rehabilitation should be what the clubs are spending money on. Truly trying to help players rather than this superficial bullshit like 10k.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's wild. Could you imagine if Lou Williams played in the NRL. The bloke had two girlfriends at the same time, infamously goes out to clubs/ stripclubs/ parties all the way through to the early hours of the morning on game days and is still one of the greatest 6th men of all time. Literally, no one gives a shit. There may be one or two comments, but it has no bearing on his on-the-court performances. I bring this up because Lou Williams is my idol:

View attachment 21333
My boy right there
Go the Clips

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What does a 10k fine achieve though? Elliott clearly didn't learn his lesson after his last fine.

Plus what message does that send? You can fuck your teammate or ex teammates wife for 10k and keep playing? Elliott earns about 450k so let's see how many of the rest of the top 30's girlfriends and wives he can get through before he runs out of money.
I've ran some numbers and if he pays himself a modest salary he can easily work his way through the top 30 squad over a 2 year period. I didnt factor in divorce and child support costs though!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've ran some numbers and if he pays himself a modest salary he can easily work his way through the top 30 squad over a 2 year period. I didnt factor in divorce and child support costs though!
He'd also need also some money put aside for incidentals such as dinners, booze, coke, condoms, lube, sex toys, cologne etc...