MG's bonkers halves idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with #1,6,7 and 14. Lichaa at 14 takes so much pressure off him and he doesn't need to worry about organising the team. All he needs to do is run from dummy when he gets on which he has shown to do well at times. I would rather Nu Brown to start off as Hooker than JMK. I am quite a fan of him and believe he has so much to offer. Such a shame Pay pulled the plug on him so soon.
As I said before Brown is good in attack but struggles in defense,
we can't afford to have too many average defenders in the team !!!

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well We are playing penrith this week.
That might have something to do with it.
If they play like they did in round 3 against penrith we are a good chance.
Defence is pretty good atm, we all know the rest.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many ex players with no idea are given a voice in the media.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said before Brown is good in attack but struggles in defense,
we can't afford to have too many average defenders in the team !!!
He can score 4 let and let in 2. Better than Lichaa score 0 and let in 0

billy bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mybe fullback josh Cleveland at 6 Foran 7 JMK 9 we just need quicker service from dummy half licaa is 10 seconds to slow his the slowest hooker in the nrl all the top teams have very quick hookers

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go the other way. Put JMK at 9, Foran at 6 and try and grab one of the good ISP halfbacks to play 7 (Drinkwater). Just my 2 cents tho.
I agree with JMK at 9 and Foz at 6 but I'd go with Lewis at 7. Thanks for the input tacky

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
More time for Foran to work with and Cleeland is playing very well at isp
Cleeland ha been rubbish all year in ISP I think he's already been told he's not in the clubs plans after this year.

There's no upside to giving a 27 year old a debut.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
THE battling Bulldogs are averaging less than 15 points a game in season 2018 and former NRL player Mark Geyer says it’s time for drastic change.

A 6-0 defeat against the Roosters last Thursday sees Dean Pay’s side stuck in 14th position and Geyer believes Kieran Foran’s lack of impact in the halves has been telling.

“I’d do something pretty radical if I was Dean Pay,” Geyer told Triple M’s The Grill Team on Monday. “I’d put Foran at hooker. He just looks like he’s too slow at half.

“I think (Jeremy) Marshall-King needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe it’s time to bring (Moses) Mbye back into the halves and put Will Hopoate fullback.”

Is this **** for fucken real ?
MG had one too many knocks to the head. He certainly has no idea what he's talking about.

Everyone is being way too impatient with our team. TBH our outlook for success is a 1-3 year proposition.

Anyone placing expectations and demands on the team this year is kidding themselves.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, MG did say it was a drastic idea?

I'd move Lichaa to #13 or the bench, he's not a bad player, but at this point there is no defence to argue he is or will be a successful #9, at #13 he can tackle all day and maybe chime in from time to time with a set play on offence.

Don't know who would slot in at #9, but honestly, at this point who cares. Pick the ball up and pass it quickly and accurately could be the sole job description, surely there is a rookie around up for a shot.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we’re pretty bad Mark. But good enough to beat the your panthers at least once this year. Hope your comments fire up our dressing room. Knowing Pay, he won’t waste that opportunity!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MG always liked to dabble according to a friend of mine who was a massive Panthers fan. Detailed the fact that drugs were rife at the foot of the mountains during the eighties, amongst shall we say, the elite players in the squad.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s with all the Frawley loving in this thread? Makes me sick.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has picked out that Lichaa can't cut out tbh and that's a major issue for us moving forward.
Exactly can see that it starts at the play the ball but Foran is not the answer. How long is Zac Woolford away from being back on the field??

Status
Not open for further replies.