MG's bonkers halves idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
THE battling Bulldogs are averaging less than 15 points a game in season 2018 and former NRL player Mark Geyer says it’s time for drastic change.

A 6-0 defeat against the Roosters last Thursday sees Dean Pay’s side stuck in 14th position and Geyer believes Kieran Foran’s lack of impact in the halves has been telling.

“I’d do something pretty radical if I was Dean Pay,” Geyer told Triple M’s The Grill Team on Monday. “I’d put Foran at hooker. He just looks like he’s too slow at half.

“I think (Jeremy) Marshall-King needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe it’s time to bring (Moses) Mbye back into the halves and put Will Hopoate fullback.”

Is this **** for fucken real ?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
JMK is terrible in attack. Hopoate needs to be on the wing. Foran would make a terrible hooker.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
THE battling Bulldogs are averaging less than 15 points a game in season 2018 and former NRL player Mark Geyer says it’s time for drastic change.

A 6-0 defeat against the Roosters last Thursday sees Dean Pay’s side stuck in 14th position and Geyer believes Kieran Foran’s lack of impact in the halves has been telling.

“I’d do something pretty radical if I was Dean Pay,” Geyer told Triple M’s The Grill Team on Monday. “I’d put Foran at hooker. He just looks like he’s too slow at half.

“I think (Jeremy) Marshall-King needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe it’s time to bring (Moses) Mbye back into the halves and put Will Hopoate fullback.”

Is this **** for fucken real ?
Did he ever lose it ??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran struggles defending on the edge .. imagine if he defended in the middle ..
both halves have been very uncreative so far this season .. whether it is as a result of Lichaa's delivery is open for debate.. but one thing I know for sure A change needs to be made to try and sort the problem..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's off his head. Foran is struggling because he's taking the line on (not last week) and is getting hammered in defence.... so yeah move him to hooker XD lol. Our most technically sound hooker is hands down Mbye, problem is though he is hands down our best option at fullback.
***** just need to bite the bullet and give Lewis a crack as we have nothing to lose

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucking lol. I think it's pretty simple, Frawley back into the halves and we continue to work on what we did at the start of the season instead of what ever rubbish we're trying to pull off now. Frawley still has more try involvements from his 2 games than JMK in his 7. Don't like Frawley but he's probably our best option at this stage considering our spine looked the most organised with him there.

Lichaa and JMK can rotate at hooker for the time being, Lichaa was fucking horrendous last week so i'm interested to see what JMK could do there with some solid minutes and see if it forces Lichaa into getting his shit sorted.

Jackson to fucking lock, like wtf are you doing Pay? The bloke can't run line, just let him be that aggressive player through the middle and have him running in behind the ruck or distributing the ball. The bloke lead NSW's defence at lock last series and looked great. Fine or Martin to the edge, idc who.

Montoya also needs a spell in reserve grade while Hoppa and Foran need to be banned from defending next to each other, fuck that's a nightmare. Hoppa to the wing with Josh to right centre and Olive to left entre? Idk? Do we want to break up our stronger left edge and potentially make it another weakness?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Mark Geyer does say some outrageous things from time to time.
He has also said if he says something and finds out later he was wrong, he will put his hand up and admit it he made a mistake.

That's the sign of a true man.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think many people had a problem with him saying on live television that the NRL needed to impeach David Gallop when he was CEO?LOL

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't mind Geyer as a bloke. But he should steer clear of any technical aspect of Rugby League. He has no clue. He played like he had no clue and he is commentating like he has no clue.

JMK is not ready for first grade. He is one of the rare young halves that doesn't have a problem with the defensive part of the game. He struggles with all the decision making. He runs when he should pass. He passes way before the line. And his kicking is ordinary. That's not to say he won't improve. For the time being though he is not our answer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Foran struggles defending on the edge .. imagine if he defended in the middle ..
both halves have been very uncreative so far this season .. whether it is as a result of Lichaa's delivery is open for debate.. but one thing I know for sure A change needs to be made to try and sort the problem..
Defending on the edge is harder. Foran doesn't struggle with the amount of tackles. He's strugling with reading the play. In the middle it's just guys coming straight at you.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking lol. I think it's pretty simple, Frawley back into the halves and we continue to work on what we did at the start of the season instead of what ever rubbish we're trying to pull off now. Frawley still has more try involvements from his 2 games than JMK in his 7. Don't like Frawley but he's probably our best option at this stage considering our spine looked the most organised with him there.

Lichaa and JMK can rotate at hooker for the time being, Lichaa was fucking horrendous last week so i'm interested to see what JMK could do there with some solid minutes and see if it forces Lichaa into getting his shit sorted.

Jackson to fucking lock, like wtf are you doing Pay? The bloke can't run line, just let him be that aggressive player through the middle and have him running in behind the ruck or distributing the ball. The bloke lead NSW's defence at lock last series and looked great. Fine or Martin to the edge, idc who.

Montoya also needs a spell in reserve grade while Hoppa and Foran need to be banned from defending next to each other, fuck that's a nightmare. Hoppa to the wing with Josh to right centre and Olive to left entre? Idk? Do we want to break up our stronger left edge and potentially make it another weakness?
Agree

6/7 Frawley/Foran
9 JMK interchange with Lichaa (instead of Holland on the bench)
Jackson to Lock.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are struggling because its a whole new structure in the halves with Mbye at fullback.
Our last tackle kicks shouldn't be grubbers if there is no gap, they get blocked so go high.
We will click as the year goes on but could run out of time.
We need to stand deeper with the ball so when we spread it they are already jogging, thats if we even spread it.
Its like watching a new blues side, they go brain dead and just hit the ball up when going wide gives us a chance to make meters at speed.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The solution is simple...
Just noticed JMK is listed on the Bulldogs web site as a hooker therefore
1 Mbye.......best suited at fullback
6 Foran......his natural position, unfortunately not working out at 1/2
7 Frawley...the only real 1/2 we have
9 JMK........Nothing to loose
14 Lichaa...can become very influential off the bench as a utility

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score

LMAO what a stupid ****

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The solution is simple...
Just noticed JMK is listed on the Bulldogs web site as a hooker therefore
1 Mbye.......best suited at fullback
6 Foran......his natural position, unfortunately not working out at 1/2
7 Frawley...the only real 1/2 we have
9 JMK........Nothing to loose
14 Lichaa...can become very influential of the bench as a utility
I agree with #1,6,7 and 14. Lichaa at 14 takes so much pressure off him and he doesn't need to worry about organising the team. All he needs to do is run from dummy when he gets on which he has shown to do well at times. I would rather Nu Brown to start off as Hooker than JMK. I am quite a fan of him and believe he has so much to offer. Such a shame Pay pulled the plug on him so soon.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost changed to another website as soon as I'd seen Mark Geyer but thought I would read on for a laugh which I was right in the end LOL it's funny how he thinks moving Mybe from FB into the halves will solve our attack, doesn't MG know the last few season we had Mybe playing in the halves and we couldn't score either, moving Mybe to FB was the best decision so far this year, it will take time BUT at least Mybe is showing some positives once he figures out he needs to support more than he will be better for our team! Also moving Hopper back to FB, he does realise Hopper while he wasn't a bad FB, Hopper has no speed and these days FB's need speed which Mybe has plenty off BUT Mybe can learn positional and support play more from Hopper! Me thinks Geyer needs to think long and hard before he makes another positional change on our teams behalf!!!
Oh and with his comment on JMK needs to get the ball more, MG must realise when you are a rookie and when you are learning, this kid must be given more time and must not be given more pressure, MG yes was a good player but I seriously doubt he will make a good coach based on these comments lol

Status
Not open for further replies.