Official Message from Andrew Hill

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not hypocritical cause I have never bagged greenburg whilst nrl ceo. Good try
OK I can’t say you did but plenty of others did. Doesn’t change my view that you blaming the club for Port Mac is ridiculous - but when you’re down on something it comes across everywhere.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d did the survey.... I honestly think they are going to go bankwest as a home ground, and I’m ok with that. Think we are 100000/1 to get a belmore upgrade and Bankwest is much better atmosphere then ANZ
I agree. As a long term member that attended Belmore Sports Ground for every home game between 1978 and 1986, and some there since, I was so pumped when, a couple of years ago now, we began to take a couple of home games back to Belmore each season. I will never forget the boys coming over to the Hill to sing the victory song after we defeated the Storm in that homecoming match. The crowd was big, the atmosphere electric. Ive attended every back to Belmore game there since, but unfortunately not many other fans have. We don't need to be in Belmore to feel like a Bulldog.

Ive gone to Dogs home games at Homebush Showground and am an ANZ member now and never missed a Dogs game there for many years. Last year we commenced playing at BankWest. Now THAT is a footy stadium. For any of you that haven't been to BankWest, do yourself a favour and try get to a game there sometime this year. It is simply awesome.

While 50 years ago people generally stayed and bought their own home in the area they grew up in, this isn't the case anymore. Dogs supporters are now scattered all over Sydney, let alone NSW and Australia. To me, unless there's funds made available to purchase houses adjacent to BSG, the dimensions needed for a major stadium and car parking prevent an appropriate stadium being built at Belmore.

All the same, V'lanys is the first Chairman in 20+ years to recognise the tribal nature of football and Sydneys place as the spiritual home of professional rugby league in Australia. His plan is to have another 3 stadiums similar to BankWest be built here. With a rebuild of Alliance already committed, the question is where should the other 3 stadiums be?....for me...we need a stadium catering to the north (Brookvale), the south (Jubilee), and another for the west (Liverpool) with Penrith and Campbelltown seen as too far on the fringes. Gary McIntyre and the Dogs Board of the early 2000's saw this and had plans for the Oasis project drawn up.

Belmore would be good if only and if only and if only...but a better option for the Dogs would be a new stadium on the massive block of dirt we have at Liverpool. Barring Liverpool where should our preference then be?

I don't want a 2nd rate Belmore redevelopment. I want a BankWest type stadium, so if we can't get that somewhere else, BankWest can be turned blue and white on game day quite easily.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Old article say wait until 2019 and 2020... We are past that now and should be recruiting alot for 2021
Yes and that's what the current board will be judged on. Recruiting a competitive/top eight roster for 2021.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes and that's what the current board will be judged on. Recruiting a competitive/top eight roster for 2021.
And they are rightly being negatively judged on it now. Regardless of who they get it will be a big blow if Pay is kept ... Only way I could handle it is if they punt him for Holbrook in 2022. But then it would be like why didn't we just get him in the first place.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. As a long term member that attended Belmore Sports Ground for every home game between 1978 and 1986, and some there since, I was so pumped when, a couple of years ago now, we began to take a couple of home games back to Belmore each season. I will never forget the boys coming over to the Hill to sing the victory song after we defeated the Storm in that homecoming match. The crowd was big, the atmosphere electric. Ive attended every back to Belmore game there since, but unfortunately not many other fans have. We don't need to be in Belmore to feel like a Bulldog.

Ive gone to Dogs home games at Homebush Showground and am an ANZ member now and never missed a Dogs game there for many years. Last year we commenced playing at BankWest. Now THAT is a footy stadium. For any of you that haven't been to BankWest, do yourself a favour and try get to a game there sometime this year. It is simply awesome.

While 50 years ago people generally stayed and bought their own home in the area they grew up in, this isn't the case anymore. Dogs supporters are now scattered all over Sydney, let alone NSW and Australia. To me, unless there's funds made available to purchase houses adjacent to BSG, the dimensions needed for a major stadium and car parking prevent an appropriate stadium being built at Belmore.

All the same, V'lanys is the first Chairman in 20+ years to recognise the tribal nature of football and Sydneys place as the spiritual home of professional rugby league in Australia. His plan is to have another 3 stadiums similar to BankWest be built here. With a rebuild of Alliance already committed, the question is where should the other 3 stadiums be?....for me...we need a stadium catering to the north (Brookvale), the south (Jubilee), and another for the west (Liverpool) with Penrith and Campbelltown seen as too far on the fringes. Gary McIntyre and the Dogs Board of the early 2000's saw this and had plans for the Oasis project drawn up.

Belmore would be good if only and if only and if only...but a better option for the Dogs would be a new stadium on the massive block of dirt we have at Liverpool. Barring Liverpool where should our preference then be?

I don't want a 2nd rate Belmore redevelopment. I want a BankWest type stadium, so if we can't get that somewhere else, BankWest can be turned blue and white on game day quite easily.
Not sure I can consider you a true fan like the rest of us after hearing this.

dogs fans all over Australia ....f*ck Belmore lets move to Parra .... say WHAT!

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who wrote that garbage. Waste of time. He didn’t say anything or address any of the live issues.
Exactly. My sarcasm followed with a ‘I’m happy now’.
Like really, stating obvious and commenting for the sake of commenting.

Let me try it:
“I’d just like to say we are Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and we are currently in last place. I’d like to thank our major sponsor and our players for giving it their all.
Also, there is a virus out there called COVID, just thought I would state the obvious. Thankyou for your continued support”

:unamused:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And they are rightly being negatively judged on it now. Regardless of who they get it will be a big blow if Pay is kept ... Only way I could handle it is if they punt him for Holbrook in 2022. But then it would be like why didn't we just get him in the first place.
You’re setting the bar low mat. Personally, I’d want to aim higher than Holbrook

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep on blaming the players for Port Macquarie, why don't you
agree how dare he blame the players for port Macquarie , when everyone knows who to blame

climate change is at fault

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never would have happened on greenburgs watch.
actually port Mac did occur under Greenberg’s watch , he was nrl ceo at the time

but as Canterbury ceo , wasn’t there a far far more serious incident occur under his watch, in that further details came to light a year later

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If 1 more official says "we just need to do better" i'll drive down and sort them out.
Seriously. These morons get paid alot more then us average fans to do their freaking jobs. So get it done of bugger off.
While the fans pay their coin for merch, tickets and what not. These pinheads are burning or club down, all while doing "better"

Sack them all. Bloody muppets

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

In all honesty Liverpool would make the most sense as far as us keeping connected to our geographical boundaries. I still feel Belmore should be considered first if it can be made to work.
Vlandys is thinking well on this concept of giving the game back to the people to be as close to their support base.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The results haven’t been great obviously but at the beginning of 2018 no-one would’ve picked Foz’ injury run (10% of the cap on the sideline for 50% of the time).
The bloke hadn’t performed for two years before we signed him through injury and mental illness. Was a dud signing from day one and continues to be

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a garbage update, just lip service with a summary of whats happened lately.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The results haven’t been great obviously but at the beginning of 2018 no-one would’ve picked Foz’ injury run (10% of the cap on the sideline for 50% of the time)
lol
the 2 previous years suggested the possibility of being sidelined at least 50% of the time, he played 26 games across 2 years 16-17 haha

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. My sarcasm followed with a ‘I’m happy now’.
Like really, stating obvious and commenting for the sake of commenting.

Let me try it:
“I’d just like to say we are Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and we are currently in last place. I’d like to thank our major sponsor and our players for giving it their all.
Also, there is a virus out there called COVID, just thought I would state the obvious. Thankyou for your continued support”

:unamused:
Let me try

Hello fellow Bulldogs,

Well, what a busy few months. Corona virus finally came to Australia.

Our thoughts and prayers are with those already affected through illness or the loss of loved ones and we send our greatest sympathies on behalf of the Bulldogs.

In other news, we beat the Dragons again and one of most passionate fans, @AlzzBulldog sent us a very good rap video which is being discussed at board level as we speak.

As we get more information we will continue to update you and make sure that you stay well informed, weeks and weeks after the fact.

The only reason I'm sending out this update is because no journalist can get a hold of me as I've been hiding. Now I can point to this update and prove I haven't!

Also, Lachlan Lewis is shit.

Regards
Andrew Hill

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The bloke hadn’t performed for two years before we signed him through injury and mental illness. Was a dud signing from day one and continues to be
Ray, Rae and Des can be thanked for that - and we’re still paying for it. If the story is true it also cost us Teddy and Moses.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand the excuses for Pay regarding Foran. Even when he plays we lose.

We've lost all five games with him this season and struggled to score when he plays... So why exactly are we even discussing re-signing him?

I think some people keep thinking Foran will wind back the clock to ten years ago in his prime. Well those days are long gone... He's not close to the same player and never will be. Let some other club deal with his injuries.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
lol
the 2 previous years suggested the possibility of being sidelined at least 50% of the time, he played 26 games across 2 years 16-17 haha
Ray, Rae and Des can be thanked for that - and we’re still paying for it. If the story is true it also cost us Teddy and Moses.