Official Message from Andrew Hill

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets start with this;

Who exactly are the "many players" that have signed for another club for next year? The only one I can think of is Frizzle and he just wanted out of the StGeorge basket case and didn't want to wait a year until Flanno takes over.

Source ; https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/player-movements/

The Broncos haven't signed anyone at all
The Raider haven't signed anyone at all
The Sharks haven't signed anyone at all
The Titans haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider CThompson to be of note and I can't spell Fa'asuamaleaui
The Sea Eagles haven't signed anyone at all
The Storm haven't signed anyone at all
The Warriors haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider Hetherington, Murchie or Murdoch-Masila to be of note
The Knights have signed Frizzle that's all
The Cowboys haven't signed anyone at all
The Eels haven't signed anyone of note from the NRL, although Rankin from Huddersfield might well turn out OK
The Panthers haven't signed anyone at all
The Rabbits have signed Arrow, but that deal was done a long time ago
The Dragons haven't signed anyone at all
The Roosters haven't signed anyone of note, I can't spell Faamausili either
The Tigers haven't signed anyone of note, with only, what's with these unspellable names, FFS Utoikamanu and Blore, phew at least I can spell that

Of course players have resigned, but changing clubs, we have by far the biggest signing in Thompson.

Go Dogs
No 1 signed with another club only frizz"
*does research and lays out multiple other players therefore making his above comment void

Also throw in the heap that swapped over the off season and mid season

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets start with this;

Who exactly are the "many players" that have signed for another club for next year? The only one I can think of is Frizzle and he just wanted out of the StGeorge basket case and didn't want to wait a year until Flanno takes over.

The Titans haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider CThompson to be of note and I can't spell Fa'asuamaleaui
The Warriors haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider Hetherington, Murchie or Murdoch-Masila to be of note
The Eels haven't signed anyone of note from the NRL, although Rankin from Huddersfield might well turn out OK
The Tigers haven't signed anyone of note, with only, what's with these unspellable names, FFS Utoikamanu and Blore, phew at least I can spell that

Of course players have resigned, but changing clubs, we have by far the biggest signing in Thompson.

Go Dogs
Our concerns is to how we are going to fill the void left by releasing all the players, I am not concerned what other clubs do !
If you want to know the players that were available from 2019 that we missed out on, you can go back and check.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it'd be effective with Thompson getting the ball instead of Tolman. This is a problem with Tolman not the play. Every NRL team does it. Tolman is useless in the final third.
No the halves should have the ball on the fourth and fifth plain and simple it’s just a bulldogs play jmk to a flat footed tolman who’s first receiver who collapses into a tackle and makes a metre

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Next;

Exactly which sponsors (plural) have we lost, we didn't actually have Rashays, can't lose what you never had. Even then they pulled the pin before they signed, due to ........... well we all know why and who and it wasn't the Board or the Coach.

We actually have full suite of corporate supporters, 17 in fact, so rather than losing sponsors (plural) we have a couple of new and many renewed for 2020.

Go Dogs
KIA was the biggest sponsor in the NRL
Parkview and Jaycar were major sponsors
If it wasn't for the love of the Bulldogs most of the corporate sponsors would have let us too !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Next;

Exactly which TPA's have we lost?

Legally (as in NRL rules) we (as in the Bulldogs) aren't allowed to have any TPA's whatsoever. That's between the player and his advertiser/sponsor nothing at all to do with us.

Go Dogs
You are 100% right on this only if the clubs all the clubs play by the rules

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For completeness;
MPA is still a corporate partner.

As is KIA, who weren't lost but downgraded and went to the Donkeys where they WERE (past tense) guaranteed more FTA TV prime time. That maybe an ooops on their behalf.

As we all know Jaycar (replaced by Rashays until dicks were set free) and Wicked Sister (replaced by upgrades with Ultimate Security and others) were casualties of the Mad Monday (more dicks set free) journo's set up. The reasons for losing sponsors seems to have a common theme.

Go Dogs
Kia $750k +
Jaycar $500k
Wicked Sista $350k

Were all casualties of an inept administration. No one from the Club had the nous to continue to build the relationship with these corporates forged previously. Mad Monday was just an excuse....& you know it!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No the halves should have the ball on the fourth and fifth plain and simple it’s just a bulldogs play jmk to a flat footed tolman who’s first receiver who collapses into a tackle and makes a metre
Do you watch other teams? Watch Storm (Cameron Smith) and Manly play. Every team does it but those are the two that come to mind. That's regards to the fourth. On the fifth it should be rare.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
KIA was the biggest sponsor in the NRL
It's been a while since I saw the data but from memory CUB and Telstra were the 2 largest sponsors in the NRL, then I think it's KFC or Harvey Norman and I believe even Hisense might be bigger than Kia from this year.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kia $750k +
Jaycar $500k
Wicked Sista $350k
Were all casualties of an inept administration. No one from the Club had the nous to continue to build the relationship with these corporates forged previously. Mad Monday was just an excuse....& you know it!
I could write a page on KIA alone and it had nothing whatsoever to do with us being inept. In brief, KIA had good market penetration and brand recognition in Sydney, partially due to us, and in Melbourne due to the Australian Open. But they were badly lacking in Qld in those 2 metrics. The Qld dealers at their 2019 Conference demanded that they increase their profile in Qld, hence the move to the Donkeys.

For completeness, Wicked Sister was $250k.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been a while since I saw the data but from memory CUB and Telstra were the 2 largest sponsors in the NRL, then I think it's KFC or Harvey Norman and I believe even Hisense might be bigger than Kia from this year.

Go Dogs
You know well it's club sponsors we are talking about

Enoch

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lets start with this;

Go Dogs
I hope your right in saying we have had the biggest signing because we had to by far pay the biggest amount to get him to sign with us..we had to pay overs or we had no chance. How many big clubs pulled out because they thought he was asking for to much$$$

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope your right in saying we have had the biggest signing because we had to by far pay the biggest amount to get him to sign with us..we had to pay overs or we had no chance. How many big clubs pulled out because they thought he was asking for to much$$$
Everyone except the Warriors and us, but that's expected. Every top player we sign will be a similar scenario.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much did we pay for Thommo?
Was it $900k+ ?

I think he’ll be worth it regardless. I’m backing him 100% and it’s good to have a weapon in the forwards again

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was it $900k+ ?

I think he’ll be worth it regardless. I’m backing him 100% and it’s good to have a weapon in the forwards again
The only reported amount is from the DT which reports 850k. That's all we have to go off.

Some other props around the same money (reported):
Klemmer 850k
Tamou 750k
Fa'asuamaleaui 700k
Ryan James 700k
Lodge 700k
Paulo 700k

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reported amount is from the DT which reports 850k. That's all we have to go off.

Some other props around the same money (reported):
Klemmer 850k
Tamou 750k
Fa'asuamaleaui 700k
Ryan James 700k
Lodge 700k
Paulo 700k
LMAO Klemmer for $850k.. I am happy for him but I am glad we are not paying him that. I loved Klem because he loved the club but he doesn't intimidate other forwards and he cant pass.

Enoch

Waterboy
Reaction score
I could write a page on KIA alone and it had nothing whatsoever to do with us being inept. In brief, KIA had good market penetration and brand recognition in Sydney, partially due to us, and in Melbourne due to the Australian Open. But they were badly lacking in Qld in those 2 metrics. The Qld dealers at their 2019 Conference demanded that they increase their profile in Qld, hence the move to the Donkeys.

For completeness, Wicked Sister was $250k.

Go Dogs
Really???...
Was it $900k+ ?

I remember reading somewhere is was in that range. I agree we need to back him 100%..but
gone are the days when players really wanted to come play for us because they admire what we're about..we will forever be paying overs from now on. Look at the Cotric situation, it's happening again!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
LMAO Klemmer for $850k.. I am happy for him but I am glad we are not paying him that. I loved Klem because he loved the club but he doesn't intimidate other forwards and he cant pass.
We had to shed wanted players so not like we had a choice to keep Klemmer anyways. If we had the salary cap he would of stayed for an offer between ours and what the Knights offered imo. The Knights had to pay overs to attract players hence the 850k price tag. I think he does intimidate other forwards and he looks a lot fitter this year. My only issue with Klemmer was slow play the balls and not offloading even when he'd attract multiple defenders (something he's doing a lot better now btw).