Official Message from Andrew Hill

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A message from the CEO

Last week we were able to welcome back many of our Members, Fans and Corporate Partners to a Bulldogs home game for the first time in 2020, and it was fantastic to hear our Blue and White family cheering on the boys at Bankwest Stadium.

I want to thank you for your patience over the last two weeks as we launched the ticket redemption process for Member attendance. Although this process isn’t as easy as scanning your Membership card at the venue, it enables us to deliver a COVID-Safe stadium for all attendees.

Our next home game is in Round 12, and like you I can’t wait to face off against Parramatta - our local rivals - during Indigenous Round.

Member redemptions and ticket sales for this match will begin soon and we need all our Members to be there for this local derby and to turn ANZ Stadium into a sea of Blue and White.

On the topic of stadiums, as a club we were extremely disappointed by the NSW Government’s decision to cancel the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium and we’re currently working hard to get the best outcome for all our stakeholders.

If you would like to send us your thoughts on your favourite venue, game day experiences and preferred time slots, you can fill out the 'Match Day and Venue Experience' survey.

It’s great to see Luke Thompson settling in well with the team, training hard and getting ready to start this weekend against the Broncos. I’d also like to say congratulations to Dylan Napa for playing his 150th NRL game last weekend against South Sydney.

Unfortunately, I’m sad to say that Adam Elliott will be sidelined for up to 6 months as he recovers from shoulder surgery. From everyone here at Belmore – “Good Luck, Herb!”

Junior Rugby League is back on the 18th of July and it’s going to be fantastic to see our local boys and girls, the future of this club, getting back out on the park.

As always, I want to say thank you for your support of this club, especially as we move through these tough times. We’ve always been called the Family Club and Family sticks together.

There is a lot of noise around the Bulldogs at the moment and rightly so. We simply need to do better on- and off-the-field.

Everyone here at Belmore is working hard, sticking together and doing everything we can to move this club back to where we need to be – at the top of the NRL.

Regards
Andrew Hill
CEO

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d did the survey.... I honestly think they are going to go bankwest as a home ground, and I’m ok with that. Think we are 100000/1 to get a belmore upgrade and Bankwest is much better atmosphere then ANZ

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone read between the lines on that "good luck Herb" comment? Make it sounds like he's played his last game for us

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone read between the lines on that "good luck Herb" comment? Make it sounds like he's played his last game for us
Not the end of the world if true

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol that want everyone at the games so they refund less.

Only half the tickets were redeemed last week and souths took a lot

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was 500G worth

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hill's comment about family sticking together makes me even more concerned that another extension for Pay is coming.

I'm sick of hearing the family club cliché.. The Roosters are known as the ruthless and aggressive club and look where they are. Compare that to where our precious family values and 1980's old school mentality have led our club..

Last edited:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re welcome champ :-).

PS: ‘I’m backing Deano’
‘Deano will surprise a lot of people’
@Straight18 - 2018.
I’m surprised....surprised how little we’ve progressed under Pay.
Had high hopes back in 2018 too of a different style of play to Desball, particularly as Pay said the following back in September 2017....

"The last eight years I've worked with Craig Bellamy down in Melbourne and Ricky Stuart (in Canberra) so I've taken a lot from both coaches and I've got my own thoughts on the game," Pay said.

"We'll play our own style of footy; we'll play Bulldogs footy next year. We won't be copping anyone that's for sure.

"I want to be a really aggressive team with our defence, and especially with our attack."

Asked if that meant a return to the "Dogs of War" mentality, which the club was famous for during the 1980s, Pay said: "Well, we want a bit of madness out of them, that's for sure."

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A message from the CEO

Last week we were able to welcome back many of our Members, Fans and Corporate Partners to a Bulldogs home game for the first time in 2020, and it was fantastic to hear our Blue and White family cheering on the boys at Bankwest Stadium.

I want to thank you for your patience over the last two weeks as we launched the ticket redemption process for Member attendance. Although this process isn’t as easy as scanning your Membership card at the venue, it enables us to deliver a COVID-Safe stadium for all attendees.

Our next home game is in Round 12, and like you I can’t wait to face off against Parramatta - our local rivals - during Indigenous Round.

Member redemptions and ticket sales for this match will begin soon and we need all our Members to be there for this local derby and to turn ANZ Stadium into a sea of Blue and White.

On the topic of stadiums, as a club we were extremely disappointed by the NSW Government’s decision to cancel the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium and we’re currently working hard to get the best outcome for all our stakeholders.

If you would like to send us your thoughts on your favourite venue, game day experiences and preferred time slots, you can fill out the 'Match Day and Venue Experience' survey.

It’s great to see Luke Thompson settling in well with the team, training hard and getting ready to start this weekend against the Broncos. I’d also like to say congratulations to Dylan Napa for playing his 150th NRL game last weekend against South Sydney.

Unfortunately, I’m sad to say that Adam Elliott will be sidelined for up to 6 months as he recovers from shoulder surgery. From everyone here at Belmore – “Good Luck, Herb!”

Junior Rugby League is back on the 18th of July and it’s going to be fantastic to see our local boys and girls, the future of this club, getting back out on the park.

As always, I want to say thank you for your support of this club, especially as we move through these tough times. We’ve always been called the Family Club and Family sticks together.

There is a lot of noise around the Bulldogs at the moment and rightly so. We simply need to do better on- and off-the-field.

Everyone here at Belmore is working hard, sticking together and doing everything we can to move this club back to where we need to be – at the top of the NRL.

Regards
Andrew Hill
CEO
3years of talk & nothing else ,make it a trifecta,get rid of hill,pay,& the board,what a load of crap,

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m surprised....surprised how little we’ve progressed under Pay.
Had high hopes back in 2018 too of a different style of play to Desball, particularly as Pay said the following back in September 2017....

"The last eight years I've worked with Craig Bellamy down in Melbourne and Ricky Stuart (in Canberra) so I've taken a lot from both coaches and I've got my own thoughts on the game," Pay said.

"We'll play our own style of footy; we'll play Bulldogs footy next year. We won't be copping anyone that's for sure.

"I want to be a really aggressive team with our defence, and especially with our attack."

Asked if that meant a return to the "Dogs of War" mentality, which the club was famous for during the 1980s, Pay said: "Well, we want a bit of madness out of them, that's for sure."
The results haven’t been great obviously but at the beginning of 2018 no-one would’ve picked Foz’ injury run (10% of the cap on the sideline for 50% of the time), experienced players being released and deregistered and the squad challenges with the cap (disputed by some). I don’t think Pay has succeeded but I don’t think there’s clear answers to replace him at this point either. I think 2022 provides more options but the squad must improve for 2021 irrespective. Are players refusing to sign because of the coach? We’ll soon know, but I find it hard to believe that the club wouldn’t act accordingly if that’s the message being sent.