Men's Rights - A Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
510,000 Men die by suicide per year.

Shocking I know, but that is just where it starts.

As men, we have a far higher rate of workplace injury, and a greater severity.

We are silent victims of domestic abuse and domestic violence, because speaking up would be unmanly.

I will talk now about an incident that occurred recently that really upset me, because of the message we are sending to our boys.

So.... My son recently had a school performance, where they needed parent helpers. The school created a rule that male parent helpers could only help the boys in getting dressed, but the females could help both.

BLATANT Bias aside, that is not why I was upset. Thinking about it, i rekognise, that the reality of it is that Males are the highest offenders when it comes to pedophilia, however, when it comes to their victims, I do not believe that one gender is a less of a victim than the others.

Considering this, the school therefore must believe it is ok to put the boys at greater risk than the girls... WHAT MESSAGE DOES THIS SEND TO THE BOYS ABOUT THEMSELVES......

Everything has a meaning, and portraying men as monsters and females as victims, will ONLY ever reinforce that notion.

Moving on....

VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN....
Horrible, abhorred, vile, disgusting.... but guess what.... so is violence against MEN, or any form of domestic violence, regardless the victim, regardless of weather it is physical or emotional abuse, it is not acceptable.

How many men here usually end up in a fight with their other half, where their wife / partner wins the argument... why... because they get down and dirty, but if we do the same, then we are the bad guys. The media is flooding us with the picture that boys emulate their dads, well girls emulate their mums, and the roles both play in any form of domestic abuse will continue......

This issue is NOT gender specific. and that needs to be said

I am sorry I know my above statement is rambling and disjointed, but that is just how it is

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad it's you posting this thread and not me.
You know what I find funny though? The media beats up domestic violence as if it's females only just coz a few more a belted each week as opposed to men, with the fact a lot more men die due to suicide and die younger/earlier than females, since they ignore domestic violence against males coz there's not as many incidences, should we then ignore females who commit suicide or die earlier/younger than men?

I enjoy your objective outlook to this subject.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I
I'm glad it's you posting this thread and not me.
You know what I find funny though? The media beats up domestic violence as if it's females only just coz a few more a belted each week as opposed to men, with the fact a lot more men die due to suicide and die younger/earlier than females, since they ignore domestic violence against males coz there's not as many incidences, should we then ignore females who commit suicide or die earlier/younger than men?

I enjoy your objective outlook to this subject.
I know it is an American study, but... wow

"According to the CDC’s statistics — estimates based on more than 18,000 telephone-survey responses in the United States — roughly 5,365,000 men had been victims of intimate partner physical violence in the previous 12 months, compared with 4,741,000 women. By the study’s definition, physical violence includes slapping, pushing, and shoving.

More severe threats like being beaten, burned, choked, kicked, slammed with a heavy object, or hit with a fist were also tracked. Roughly 40 percent of the victims of severe physical violence were men. The CDC repeated the survey in 2011, the results of which were published in 2014, and found almost identical numbers — with the percentage of male severe physical violence victims slightly rising."

There are MANY factors as to why males have a higher suicide rate, some of which are internal gender specific reasons, like we need to push our feelings deep down. We need to be the stoic provider, we need to forge forward in the face of adversity, we need to be the one to say it will all be alright.

and... where do we get this attitude/personality trait? from the role models around us, from our Mum and our Dad, from people making the boys feel like they are less important than the girls, like they will be ok, so don't stress it.

We are learn from a young age that we need to be the providers, in tough times we just need to work harder to make ends meet, and if we can't, we fail, we fall and we either push on harder, or, give up.

we need to learn, and believe there is a better way

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres no such thing as equality of sexes when it comes to accusations of child abuse (sexual or otherwise), and domestic violence.

Men are always seen as the weaker sex and over representing such categories... even if it's factually incorrect.

When a man and a kid are found sexually together = instant pedophile.
When a woman and a kid are found together = innocent mistake and shes a school teacher.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres no such thing as equality of sexes when it comes to accusations of child abuse (sexual or otherwise), and domestic violence.

Men are always seen as the weaker sex and over representing such categories... even if it's factually incorrect.

When a man and a kid are found sexually together = instant pedophile.
When a woman and a kid are found together = innocent mistake and shes a school teacher.
I get your point here, but, I think we need to look at the victims, in the sense that gender should not be a determining factor as to who is a victim, but we all know it is

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get your point here, but, I think we need to look at the victims, in the sense that gender should not be a determining factor as to who is a victim, but we all know it is
Exactly, look at the actual fkn victims. Just like how the project Waleed fuckli and bimbo used an example of domestic violence against women a big thing but it was a son that was killed not the wife. But let's not get the facts in the way of brainwashing people and creating zombies. I don't get how adults can be part of this cancer I really don't. I mean I jumped on board on all this shit when I was a mere teeenager coz I knew know better lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, look at the actual fkn victims. Just like how the project Waleed fuckli and bimbo used an example of domestic violence against women a big thing but it was a son that was killed not the wife. But let's not get the facts in the way of brainwashing people and creating zombies. I don't get how adults can be part of this cancer I really don't. I mean I jumped on board on all this shit when I was a mere teeenager coz I knew know better lol

Please do not think for one second I wish to take away from the womens rights / feminism movement, because they do have significant inequality.

this should not however come at a detriment to males.

These discussions can be held side by side, and the overlapping issues can be used to find common ground. HOWEVER instead we use them to fight, and lets face it, the Males come off looking second best, because, you know, the patriarchy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please do not think for one second I wish to take away from the womens rights / feminism movement, because they do have significant inequality.

this should not however come at a detriment to males.

These discussions can be held side by side, and the overlapping issues can be used to find common ground. HOWEVER instead we use them to fight, and lets face it, the Males come off looking second best, because, you know, the patriarchy.
I'm not suggesting to take away females rights, I've never suggested that, I'm pointing out the hypocrisies. We don't have to always put a disclaimer that we're not suggesting to fuck females off or whatever every time we talk about men's rights, feminists don't so we don't either.

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Men also are far more likely to become homeless, serve prison time, and do more time than women for the same crime. They generally get the short end when it comes to child custody and anything parental rights related.

A man's worth is still heavily related to income ability. Not being able to generate income makes you useless to society -hence the skewed homeless rate (and maybe suicide rate). Traditionally a man's work is worth more than a woman's but his life is not. Men were expected to fight wars and sacrifice themselves in the face of danger e.g. women and children first rule.

It's not surprising as men and women are simply very different physically and psychologically. Men are generally stronger so they could work and fight harder. Women are better carers so they were seen as more valuable to society in some ways. The world's not designed to be fair, things just take the path of least resistance.

Now things are changing slowly with machines replacing physical labour for work and war, physical strength less important with each advancement of technology. Both men and women face inequality and societal prejudices. It's sad that the social justice movement often ignores the male aspect and makes us the enemy.

All in all I'd still rather be a man in this world though.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I

I know it is an American study, but... wow

"According to the CDC’s statistics — estimates based on more than 18,000 telephone-survey responses in the United States — roughly 5,365,000 men had been victims of intimate partner physical violence in the previous 12 months, compared with 4,741,000 women. By the study’s definition, physical violence includes slapping, pushing, and shoving.

More severe threats like being beaten, burned, choked, kicked, slammed with a heavy object, or hit with a fist were also tracked. Roughly 40 percent of the victims of severe physical violence were men. The CDC repeated the survey in 2011, the results of which were published in 2014, and found almost identical numbers — with the percentage of male severe physical violence victims slightly rising."

There are MANY factors as to why males have a higher suicide rate, some of which are internal gender specific reasons, like we need to push our feelings deep down. We need to be the stoic provider, we need to forge forward in the face of adversity, we need to be the one to say it will all be alright.

and... where do we get this attitude/personality trait? from the role models around us, from our Mum and our Dad, from people making the boys feel like they are less important than the girls, like they will be ok, so don't stress it.

We are learn from a young age that we need to be the providers, in tough times we just need to work harder to make ends meet, and if we can't, we fail, we fall and we either push on harder, or, give up.

we need to learn, and believe there is a better way
That American study seems like absolute fakenews.. how many men you do you actually know that have been physically abused by their wives?? Not a slap or a little shove , serious injury?? In any case a slap or a shove is more likely to be in self defence. It is not domestic violence

Working in emergency for the last 10 years I have yet to come across a man who has needed treatment for domestic violence .. Not one!
On the other hand I've seen many, many domestic violence cases resulting in serious injury towards women

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have watched kids get hurt a playground (while their Mum is on her phone, mind you)
and not helped, because I’m fearful of the mums reaction.
I don’t take my phone to my kids swimming lessons, because I’m afraid people will think I’m taking photos of their kids.
And the greatest insult ive had yet, happened only yesterday. I was helping my boy (5yo) change after swimming, when a girl from his class and her Mum came up, looked in the change room, saw me and took her daughter out to the car to get changed.
Finally;
There is a massive shortage of male educators, for exactly the same reason. Fear of being branded a pervert.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That American study seems like absolute fakenews.. how many men you do you actually know that have been physically abused by their wives?? Not a slap or a little shove , serious injury?? In any case a slap or a shove is more likely to be in self defence. It is not domestic violence

Working in emergency for the last 10 years I have yet to come across a man who has needed treatment for domestic violence .. Not one!
On the other hand I've seen many, many domestic violence cases resulting in serious injury towards women
I've read a fair few studies on this and they usually work out the same or similar. Men are usually abused as much, or more, than women but the abuse women receive is much worse physically.

Effectively men are more likely to suffer psychological abuse while women are more likely to suffer physical abuse. Men are also less likely to seek treatment for physical abuse and less likely to report abuse on any kind.

Men are much more likely to suffer from depression and to commit suicide due to this.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have watched kids get hurt a playground (while their Mum is on her phone, mind you)
and not helped, because I’m fearful of the mums reaction.
I don’t take my phone to my kids swimming lessons, because I’m afraid people will think I’m taking photos of their kids.
And the greatest insult ive had yet, happened only yesterday. I was helping my boy (5yo) change after swimming, when a girl from his class and her Mum came up, looked in the change room, saw me and took her daughter out to the car to get changed.
Finally;
There is a massive shortage of male educators, for exactly the same reason. Fear of being branded a pervert.
The Mrs is a child care educator. Their child care was recently bought out by a new company. The previous company always had an anti-male policy which they obviously pretended they didn't have. The new company decided to hire a male educator. When the parents heard about this 3 of the parents pulled their kids out of the child care.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think the school should've made a call here for parents to help ONLY THEIR CHILDREN. That would've been more mature IMO.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Not just a little slap?

There is the problem RIGHT THERE.

we must suck it up regardless, and if we speak up, we are not believed.

Domestic abuse spans far past physical abuse, and emotional abuse takes its toll, I guarantee you, more men commit suicide as a result of emotional domestic abuse.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs is a child care educator. Their child care was recently bought out by a new company. The previous company always had an anti-male policy which they obviously pretended they didn't have. The new company decided to hire a male educator. When the parents heard about this 3 of the parents pulled their kids out of the child care.
Yup,

So much for positive male role models

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've read a fair few studies on this and they usually work out the same or similar. Men are usually abused as much, or more, than women but the abuse women receive is much worse physically.

Effectively men are more likely to suffer psychological abuse while women are more likely to suffer physical abuse. Men are also less likely to seek treatment for physical abuse and less likely to report abuse on any kind.

Men are much more likely to suffer from depression and to commit suicide due to this.
We are talking about violence, serious injury, life threatening physical abuse ,
The abuse word is abused to suit stupid surveys.
I know how this thing works, I have a friend who has been advised by her psychologist that by her ex husband raising his voice at her because he isn't being allowed to see his son is classified as domestic violence which seems to be very subjective
Domestic violence shouldn't be subjective , it should be clearly defined to mean physical and serious abuse resulting in physical harm.

The subjectiveness of the term makes the surveys flawed

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We are talking about violence, serious injury, life threatening physical abuse ,
The abuse word is abused to suit stupid surveys.
I know how this thing works, I have a friend who has been advised by her psychologist that by her ex husband raising his voice at her because he isn't being allowed to see his son is classified as domestic violence which seems to be very subjective
Domestic violence shouldn't be subjective , it should be clearly defined to mean physical and serious abuse resulting in physical harm.

The subjectiveness of the term makes the surveys flawed
So to clarify a punch is worse than verbally demeaning someone to the point they feel worthless or useless and take their own life?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not just a little slap?

There is the problem RIGHT THERE.

we must suck it up regardless, and if we speak up, we are not believed.

Domestic abuse spans far past physical abuse, and emotional abuse takes its toll, I guarantee you, more men commit suicide as a result of emotional domestic abuse.
Not trying to be sexist or anything but a bloke can easily defend himself from a woman.
Emotional abuse is different to domestic violence.

Domestic violence is being physically harmed in your family unit.

I would trust a cross section of actual data from a community over data collected in a survey

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So to clarify a punch is worse than verbally demeaning someone to the point they feel worthless or useless and take their own life?
Yep because it's not fair game.. A punch from a man to a woman is not fair game

Status
Not open for further replies.