Men's Rights - A Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually I met Temuera Morrison..Jake..when I was on the Star Wars set..he came over to me, lifted my hand..and said ‘Hey..’and walked off..lol..at least he said hello..George Lucas just ignored me..lol .... You know he came out and said he had a lot of emotional problems..after playing Jake..he found he was ranting and raving at people..said he chanelled something nasty to play the Muss..and found it difficult to repress.. In light of his role..he actually campaigns about domestic violence..as he noticed young men admired his character Jake..
Why were you on The Star Wars set?? Where was it?

I'm just glad Jake didn't want any eggs that's all I gotta say.. He played that part a little too convincingly for my liking

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing about emotional abuse is that like physical violence, there are different levels and extents of it and it’s something quite hard to quantify.

I have no issue at all with women campaigning to raise awareness about important issues such as domestic abuse, sexual misconduct and abuse etc.

These problems are massive societal issues and I don’t agree with any attempt to minimise these campaigns.

From my POV it’s really about remembering that some men are compassionate and sensitive and some men suffer in modern society too.

I applied the courage of women who recount their own stories of abuse and use their own negative experiences to try and make the world a better place for all women.
Yeah I agree it's a fine line in getting a message across about it being only a minority of men that are violent. Men are copping it a bit harsh.
I know that men are compassionate and sensitive and that this campaign is tarring all men with a wide brush .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It actually is pretty sad to hear of the high suicide rate of men , I don't understand why exactly it's more prevalent amongst men but it definitely needs to be exposed publically if it's caused by society triggers.

Of all the people I have known in my life who have suicided they've all been male.

I've known 3 and only one showed any signs of suicidal ideations .
2 young guys and a middle aged man who had a ball breaking wife.
I've only known of two people who have taken their own lives. Oddly enough they were both women.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah I agree it's a fine line in getting a message across about it being only a minority of men that are violent. Men are copping it a bit harsh.
I know that men are compassionate and sensitive and that this campaign is tarring all men with a wide brush .
Yeah.... it’s bit the campaigns in themselves that do that I don’t think. We just have to remember a lot of ugliness is coming to the surface at the moment. We just need to be wary of rhetoric that vilifies all men by association... while still acknowledging there is a pretty widespread societal issue there... and many other issues that need addressing in our society too.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why were you on The Star Wars set?? Where was it?

I'm just glad Jake didn't want any eggs that's all I gotta say.. He played that part a little too convincingly for my liking
Yeah the Attack of the Clones..it was at Fox Studios..a mate of mine got me in..met Ewan McGreggor..told him a terrible joke which he thankfully didn’t get..

And guess what Wolfy? Two scenes I watched were in the movie..sooooo technically was in a galaxy far far..and a little bit more..away... ;)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I've only known of two people who have taken their own lives. Oddly enough they were both women.
That certainly bucks the trend......

I have had 4 people I know, and 2 close to me commit suicide... all male

Status
Not open for further replies.