Men's Rights - A Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
See that's where we differ in opinion. Someone taking their life is their decision.

But being physically harmed by another person is not their decision.

There is a difference
So...

It is ok to degrade, humiliate and belittle someone to the point they take their own life?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Men have abused their social rights since the dawn of time , feminism is a move to bring balance and fairness between human beings.

I do wish to emphasise that I believe that feminism is important and equality is important, but these conversations can take place at the same time is this one.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Men have abused their social rights since the dawn of time , feminism is a move to bring balance and fairness between human beings.
I agree with you. And traditional feminism has evened out the playing field.

Modern day feminism, however.... that's another story

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you. And traditional feminism has evened out the playing field.

Modern day feminism, however.... that's another story
There is some issues with modern feminism. Even the most reasonable modern feminists will generally take the female only side to thing. I have friends who are feminists and they are very reasonable, but if you mention something about domestic abuse against men or how some men aren't arseholes, they'll instantly tell you that you're sexist.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is some issues with modern feminism. Even the most reasonable modern feminists will generally take the female only side to thing. I have friends who are feminists and they are very reasonable, but if you mention something about domestic abuse against men or how some men aren't arseholes, they'll instantly tell you that you're sexist.
If you call that reasonable, you have been warped my friend :tearsofjoy:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. There are many weird feminists with weird ideals now days (Clementine Ford for example) but most feminism is a good thing and responsible for many advances in society.
When the conditions are right, things germinate

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Make Australia Great Again!

Grab them by the pussy!

Lol DON'T grab them, or you might get the feminism lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Men also are far more likely to become homeless, serve prison time, and do more time than women for the same crime. They generally get the short end when it comes to child custody and anything parental rights related.

A man's worth is still heavily related to income ability. Not being able to generate income makes you useless to society -hence the skewed homeless rate (and maybe suicide rate). Traditionally a man's work is worth more than a woman's but his life is not. Men were expected to fight wars and sacrifice themselves in the face of danger e.g. women and children first rule.

It's not surprising as men and women are simply very different physically and psychologically. Men are generally stronger so they could work and fight harder. Women are better carers so they were seen as more valuable to society in some ways. The world's not designed to be fair, things just take the path of least resistance.

Now things are changing slowly with machines replacing physical labour for work and war, physical strength less important with each advancement of technology. Both men and women face inequality and societal prejudices. It's sad that the social justice movement often ignores the male aspect and makes us the enemy.

All in all I'd still rather be a man in this world though.
Thank you for reminding me of my male privilege.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gender equity in the workplace is a fallacy.
In 20 years of home ownership, I’ve never had a woman come to dig a trench, or concrete my driveway, or unblock my toilet.
There are some things men are just more suited to.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not trying to be sexist or anything but a bloke can easily defend himself from a woman.
Emotional abuse is different to domestic violence.

Domestic violence is being physically harmed in your family unit.

I would trust a cross section of actual data from a community over data collected in a survey

With respect, your first comment IS sexist. You are making the assumption that in every case the man is physically stronger than a woman. What if the woman is bigger or the man disabled in some capacity? There is also the theory that a man should NEVER hit a woman which many men subscribe to even if defending themselves.

There are also other situations in which the woman goads the man to hit her. You should walk away in those instances, but in the heat of an argument that can be difficult.

In my opinion, every instance of domestic violence (or any sort of violence) should be treated individually.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See that's where we differ in opinion. Someone taking their life is their decision.

But being physically harmed by another person is not their decision.

There is a difference
WOW!

Do you really think people wake up one day & think this would be a great day to kill myself? People killing themselves is a VERY serious issue & it is almost always where people have got to the point where they feel that there is no option left & to live on is far too painful.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It may have been in the beginning, but somewhere down the lines it has gone off the rails. Also these days if something happens to a woman on the left all hell breaks loose, if it happens to a woman with right leaning politics, you hear crickets.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gender equity in the workplace is a fallacy.
In 20 years of home ownership, I’ve never had a woman come to dig a trench, or concrete my driveway, or unblock my toilet.
There are some things men are just more suited to.
I agree with you , it's back breaking work and generally speaking women aren't as good at physical jobs so in that sense men and women are not equal in that industry but they may be better or equal at other industries.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with you , it's back breaking work and generally speaking women aren't as good at physical jobs so in that sense men and women are not equal in that industry but they may be better or equal at other industries.
100%.
Just as men are more suited to some tasks, women are just as suited to others.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WOW!

Do you really think people wake up one day & think this would be a great day to kill myself? People killing themselves is a VERY serious issue & it is almost always where people have got to the point where they feel that there is no option left & to live on is far too painful.
I realise emotional abuse can lead to suicide but it's still separate to violence.

I dont agree with piling emotional abuse into the same basket as domestic violence because its counteractive in highlighting an acute life threatening problem.

It's like walking into emergency and arguing with triage about life threatening acute conditions versus a progressive life threatening condition.

How would you feel if someone got to see an emergency doctor first because they came in after a verbal fight with their wife while (God forbid ) you came in with a knife stuck in your spleen or liver?

So to all those crying about emotional abuse being the same thing as physical abuse can shut the fuck up when they go to Emergency and the doctor makes you wait because someones been emotionally abused at home.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I realise emotional abuse can lead to suicide but it's still separate to violence.

I dont agree with piling emotional abuse into the same basket as domestic violence because its counteractive in highlighting an acute life threatening problem.

It's like walking into emergency and arguing with triage about life threatening acute conditions versus a progressive life threatening condition.

How would you feel if someone got to see an emergency doctor first because they came in after a verbal fight with their wife while (God forbid ) you came in with a knife stuck in your spleen or liver?

So to all those crying about emotional abuse being the same thing as physical abuse can shut the fuck up when they go to Emergency and the doctor makes you wait because someones been emotionally abused at home.
I guess I’ll have to shut the ‘f$&k’ up Wolfy..because being emotionally abused can be horrible..and affect people physically..just as physical violence can...it’s a horrible thing..it really is..

Emotional abuse may not leave bruises..but it leaves scars on the inside.. See people can threaten and not hit..but it make the victim feel scared..to live in fear..to live with a threat..to live where you can’t have an opinion..to live with no freedoms..all can affect people physically.. The mind is a powerful thing..when it’s broken..the body breaks down too..

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't let bullies try and seize control of your life, run their own trials and punishment, prove your mistreatment and let the court decide.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

They are two different issues but equally important. Physical violence leaves instant damage. Psychological damage leaves long term problems.

It's not just men though. Women suffer psychologically too. Rape is seen as one of the worst crimes. Not because of the initial damage it does, but because of the long term psychological damage it does. The initial damage can be minimal but it makes the victim feel like they are in constant danger the rest of their lives. It removes any feeling of control over their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.