Memories of the 80’s - Do you Remember Any of These?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give you guys a list - in no particular order. I remember them so well and it’s a shame most of them are still not here today:-

- Waterworks Mt Druitt (what an awesome Water Slide place)
- Australia’s Wonderland (I also worked there)
- Magic Kingdom
- Bullens Animal World
- African Lion Safari (you family would drive there cars through lion parks. They said if you broke down - do not get out, they will come to you) it was scary as the Lions would walk right up to your car.
- Flemington Markets Sydney (that was massive)
- the Royal Easter Show (Moore Park)
- the Entrance at Christmas time (the Carnival and all of the Main Street was pumping)

I’m sure some of you guys remember some of these places. What about what places do you remember.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I will give you guys a list - in no particular order. I remember them so well and it’s a shame most of them are still not here today:-

- Waterworks Mt Druitt (what an awesome place)
- Magic Kingdom
- Bullens Animal World
- African Lion Safari (you family would drive there cars through lion parks. They said if you broke down - do not get out, they will come to you) it was scary as the Lions would walk right up to your car.
- the Entrance at Christmas time (the Carnival and all of the Main Street was pumping)

I’m sure some of you guys remember some of these places. What about what places do you remember.
Good topic mate.
I went to wonderland a couple of times, the easter show a bit & the Bankstown by the beach carnival once. The 80’s was fun

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

- Waterworks Mt Druitt (what an awesome place)
- Magic Kingdom
- Bullens Animal World

I remember them all except Bullens animal world.

Remember El Cabello Blanco an Sega World?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember them all except Bullens animal world.

Remember El Cabello Blanco an Sega World?
El cabalo blanco had a waterslide called the black hole I remember it was black and had lights in it ,that was my favourite, I cared not for people dressing up as Spanish hipsters riding those grass eating shit monsters

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A-D-V-E-N-T-U-R-E-L-A-N-D.

ADVENTURELAND!

Closed after the rope bridge collapsed killing half a dozen or so, the rope bridge I was on the weekend before.

Also got trapped in the crawley rock cave thing one time and they had to come and cut me out…..

….

… Ok, so I got terrified in the crawley rock cave thing one time and they had to come and coax me out.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess these are somewhat combined now considering today’s Raging Waters is just down the road from where Wonderland was…
Wow, I moved to Perth about 20 years ago. Next time I’m in Sydney, I will take the family to Raging Waters. Never knew this place existed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, I moved to Perth about 20 years ago. Next time I’m in Sydney, I will take the family to Raging Waters. Never knew this place existed.
Is there still a water park in Perth?
From memory it was also called Wet n’ Wild?
I went there as a kid (visited friends there for the America’s Cup in ‘87). It had a slide called the Screamin’ Demon or similar. Fun times :-).

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there still a water park in Perth?
From memory it was also called Wet n’ Wild?
I went there as a kid (visited friends there for the America’s Cup in ‘87). It had a slide called the Screamin’ Demon or similar. Fun times :-).
We have Adventure World with some Water Slides. Overall it’s a pretty good Theme Park. But with Winter - it’s currently closed.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think so. All they care about is money. You need a bank loan for food there. They have treated Bob Sr like a piece of shit.
Same as featherdale, it's a backyard job set up to rape your wallets.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have Adventure World with some Water Slides. Overall it’s a pretty good Theme Park. But with Winter - it’s currently closed.
Is that the one near Cockburn road or something just of the highway?