Memories of the 80’s - Do you Remember Any of These?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bankstown square in the mid 90’s with that arcade bit where the Maccas is fuck some shit went down there in the days Tongans would come down and start shit with the Bankstown Boys and the 5T would all hang out fight play arcade games deal drugs and eat maccas. As an Aussie I was sweet there because I knew all the Telopea Street boys because I lived close and grew up playing footy with them.. The Fijians from Punchbowl were the most hectic they never lost a fight..
That little arcade area is still there today. It took me by surprise when I went past there about a week before lockdown. Still arcade machines and games lol. Really thought most arcades around Sydney were gone.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This was the 90’s but Sega world Crush Parties we’re absolute scum pits lol Nick Skitz playing and 35 year old Lebos picking up 16 year old sluts.. The Asians and lebs use to
Always punch on there as well but the Viets didn’t fuck around in those days and would get stabby

View attachment 28923
Viets got stabby back in those days :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: They're not really like that now. But DAYUM Vietnamese men are tiny, no wonder why they hand around in gangs.

Wahesh

Reaction score
How did you forget New Year’s Eve at Australia’s wonderland? Hanna barberaland.

Smashed off your face, rave party and rides, girls in backseat in car park?

Or when Oran park was actually a race circuit
What happened in Wonderland? I never knew they did stuff on NYE. I mean I know it was opened most days of the year but I thought it would've been dead on certain days - Christmas, Good Friday (due to Easter Show) and New Years. I thought everyone would've gone to the city lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I will give you guys a list - in no particular order. I remember them so well and it’s a shame most of them are still not here today:-

- Waterworks Mt Druitt (what an awesome Water Slide place)
- Australia’s Wonderland (I also worked there)
- Magic Kingdom
- Bullens Animal World
- African Lion Safari (you family would drive there cars through lion parks. They said if you broke down - do not get out, they will come to you) it was scary as the Lions would walk right up to your car.
- Flemington Markets Sydney (that was massive)
- the Royal Easter Show (Moore Park)
- the Entrance at Christmas time (the Carnival and all of the Main Street was pumping)

I’m sure some of you guys remember some of these places. What about what places do you remember.
I remember Wonderland. I went there 2 times, both with school lol. As we went with school we would be there on a Friday it was pretty much dead and mainly the school kids had the park to themselves. We didn't have to line up that long for the rides and did whatever we wanted.

Flemington is still around and I think it's bigger than the Haymarket one.

I remember Moore Park Easter Show but didn't go there that much. I'm not even sure what's there now.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What happened in Wonderland? I never knew they did stuff on NYE. I mean I know it was opened most days of the year but I thought it would've been dead on certain days - Christmas, Good Friday (due to Easter Show) and New Years. I thought everyone would've gone to the city lol.
Use to do Utopia NYE Rave parties.. Drugs Galore. All the big Trance DJs played. Was fun also the old Moore Park Eastershow is now Fox Studios precinct

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use to do Utopia NYE Rave parties.. Drugs Galore. All the big Trance DJs played. Was fun also the old Moore Park Eastershow is now Fox Studios precinct
I can’t remember but I think rides were open too? Off your head on the rides lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I can’t remember but I think rides were open too? Off your head on the rides lol
Oh yeah the pirate ship after a red Mitshubishi.. Then listen to Nik Fish, Jumpin Jack, Peewee Ferris and Bexta play. Different times

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh yeah the pirate ship after a red Mitshubishi.. Then listen to Nik Fish, Jumpin Jack, Peewee Ferris and Bexta play. Different times
Gosh man... imagine being drunk/off your head on drugs and on the pirate ship on the upside down hang time LOL.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found another one. “Firecracker Night” on the queens birthday, where families could light off their own fireworks. That was until 7/JUN/1986 the NSW Government banned it for safety reasons. I used to love throw downs and crazy jacks.
I grew up in Canberra, yeah I know...shithole, but we were still able to have "firecracker night" for a while. I lived in a cul-de-sac so we got no traffic so for firecracker night, the neighbourhood would all chuck in for fireworks and we'd set up a street party in the middle of the street. Pull out the BBQ, tables full of food, esky full of drinks and the radio pumping out the top 40 while letting off crackers. I have fond memories of those times.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We had an amusement park in Canberra in the 80's called Canberry Fair then it changed to Downunderland. Had a roller-coaster, mini train ride, shooting gallery and so on.

69422357_3211069978933807_5552519619891167232_n.jpg
68793074_3211070075600464_300638351986262016_n.jpg
68928628_3211070138933791_1878786718685986816_n.jpg

There was also Rehwinkle Animal Park in Canberra, which was like a small zoo like Mogo Zoo, long before that existed. I remember watching the little monkeys for hours, and they had a talking Cockatoo there that did nothing but curse out the donkey next door to it. Being a kid, hearing this Cookatoo swearing like a sailor always stuck with me.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Loved going to Wonderland and Panthers Waterworks(?) in the 90's. Late 90's Banksotwn Billiards was one crazy hangout.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn’t it Mount Druitt Waterworks.
Six slides & a few pools
I meant the place at Penrith Panthers leagues club where they had the water rides and go carts etc.