MEMBERS: CALLS FOR AN EGM

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares.. once we are winning again everybody will stop fighting because the money is rolling in.
The back office needs to be fixed before we start winning games. For anyone (not saying you) to say it doesn't effect the teams on field performances while infighting is going on at board level is niaeve.

No club wins a premiership with divisions omongst the board.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the situation is what I'm seeing from a long way from the action, Coorey is quite probably stirring things up as much as possible to save his job. He'd probably like to slip some money to those accusing him of the harrassment and carry on as normal. I'd think that having a female CEO in a sport that has always been dominated by men at boardroom level would mean she's been through some minor crap on her way to power and she wouldn't want to stand for it happening to others. And from a publicity point of view, if her and the football club board didn't act on the accusations and it went public, the media would crucify both her and the club.
-
We have months to sort out a decent working relationship between the board members that are supposedly undermining one another. Hopefully this crap is resolved fairly quickly.
We all are very passionate supporters...
Our passion tend to influence our opinions, most of us react to a rumour as if it is rue, others assume things and tend to elaborate on the issues most times the important details are missing.
In George Coorey's case there are many missing details about him the women and the rolls other people in charge have played,
I know what I know, but let's us not elaborate without proof or bring about the gender battle :-)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all are very passionate supporters...
Our passion tend to influence our opinions, most of us react to a rumour as if it is rue, others assume things and tend to elaborate on the issues most times the important details are missing.
In George Coorey's case there are many missing details about him the women and the rolls other people in charge have played,
I know what I know, but let's us not elaborate without proof or bring about the gender battle :-)
I'm just interpreting things as I see them. I freely admitted that I'm not connected to anyone within the club. A big portion of where my opinion was developed was in the fact that this Diakos guy has shown he's in Cooreys corner and he's clearly issued a threat with the statement that if things aren't smoothed over they'll call an EGM to oust the footy club board. His whole stance as a "dealmaker" lends itself to the idea that the opinion exists within Cooreys camp that they can deal with this without actually sorting out the problem at hand that seems to have sparked this, which is the allegations of harrassment. Plenty of companies know that people will drop allegations if they're presented with a cash settlement. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's happening here.

I know I'm drawing a long sword. But for a long while the media has been kept at arm's length. But the allegations against Coorey hit the media and suddenly there are leaks about the football club board being disfunctional. Seems like insiders in the club are suddenly trying to generate outrage among the members against the football club board. I don't have much trust in the media unless they directly quote people. Diakos was directly quoted in making a clear threat. So as I said I'll interpret it how I will until such time as more accurate information is presented. So far this supposed infighting within the footy club board seems to have been spilled to the media at a very convenient time to deflect from the allegations against Coorey.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on the current constitution the only way for change within the board of this once great club can only come from the Members.
Members need to rally together and call for an EGM IMMEDIATELY!!!! And save this club from disaster.

The alternative and the decent and moral thing to do is to give back control to it's Members and Fans and I ask for the CEO and the board to stand down and seek re-election should members wish to do so or go in another direction.

Members and fans have had enough. We have endured too much pain over the past six or so years and now once again we have to witness individuals involved within the club think more about their personal gains rather than the club which is owned by it's Members and Fans.

Enough is Enough, we need a new start to ensure our new coach has the support and backing from a board who is willing to band together and bring back the professionalism and pride back into the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
Why is it that people like you think that sacking the board and starting again will fix the problem? Its as if it is the only option. In fact it could turn out to be a axactly the same.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that people like you think that sacking the board and starting again will fix the problem? Its as if it is the only option. In fact it could turn out to be a axactly the same.
If the Chair of the club doesn't have full support of the board and if certain board members don't have the support of the Chair how can this work? The division between all is so rife they can't all work together let alone be in the same room. It is a toxic environment where allegiances with the old board have it against those who overturned them.

Take Parramatta for example. Exact same problems which saw their team get the spoon. They made changes and you could say they got instant results. Look at them now.

If we dont get some, even some change on the board or Chair of the club then start to get comfortable with what we have been dealing with. This ain't going away anytime soon if things remain as is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Chair of the club doesn't have full support of the board and if certain board members don't have the support of the Chair how can this work? The division between all is so rife they can't all work together let alone be in the same room. It is a toxic environment where allegiances with the old board have it against those who overturned them.

Take Parramatta for example. Exact same problems which saw their team get the spoon. They made changes and you could say they got instant results. Look at them now.

If we dont get some, even some change on the board or Chair of the club then start to get comfortable with what we have been dealing with. This ain't going away anytime soon if things remain as is.
Seems to me like this all popped into the media focus when the head of the league's club board comes under fire for allegedly sexually harrassing women. My read on it is that it's an attempt to deflect from the issue.

People will claw for supremacy at the top of every organisation. Opposing views are actually healthy in many cases. Would prefer to know that the board isn't full of yes men. But seemingly at this time someone is trying to throw someone else under the bus. And given the allegations of harrassment, I'm guessing Coorey is in full deflection mode.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just interpreting things as I see them. I freely admitted that I'm not connected to anyone within the club. A big portion of where my opinion was developed was in the fact that this Diakos guy has shown he's in Cooreys corner and he's clearly issued a threat with the statement that if things aren't smoothed over they'll call an EGM to oust the footy club board. His whole stance as a "dealmaker" lends itself to the idea that the opinion exists within Cooreys camp that they can deal with this without actually sorting out the problem at hand that seems to have sparked this, which is the allegations of harrassment. Plenty of companies know that people will drop allegations if they're presented with a cash settlement. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's happening here.

I know I'm drawing a long sword. But for a long while the media has been kept at arm's length. But the allegations against Coorey hit the media and suddenly there are leaks about the football club board being disfunctional. Seems like insiders in the club are suddenly trying to generate outrage among the members against the football club board. I don't have much trust in the media unless they directly quote people. Diakos was directly quoted in making a clear threat. So as I said I'll interpret it how I will until such time as more accurate information is presented. So far this supposed infighting within the footy club board seems to have been spilled to the media at a very convenient time to deflect from the allegations against Coorey.
Looking at the matter from that angle I do understand your assumptions,
let me ask you something, what if it is the other way around ?
What if it is the chairwoman of the football club who incidentally is under enormous pressure from within, is now using the accusations of possible sleaze towards one of her female friends, worse still she allegedly new about back in 2018.
I asked this before...If true why wait till now ?
Is this a result of sleazy jokes between friends ( men & women ) being used in a very serious matter ???
Who are we to know :confused:

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you watch Griffin on NRL 360. He has the right approach, and I believe it will be the same one Barrett does. You need to get your junior pathways working, and get those players into the team. It's cheaper, and then when you go to the market, your only getting players you need outside of that. He also mentioned that it doesn't matter if a player is contracted currently, if you need him, there are ways to get them.
The only problem there is that Hasler didn't do any junior development which has left a hole & players were taken to other clubs because of the neglect. Under Pay & the new Board they started to get things going again & then came COVID-19 which stuffed a year of development. Yeah every club had this same problem but it is a bigger problem for us because we are coming from a longer way back than everybody else.

The club needs to learn from this & ensure that any future coaches that come to us MUST include junior development in their plans & not focus on about 20 players & sports science to keep those players healthy which was Hasler's plan. That & back ended contracts as well. If I could go back in time & warn the club against Hasler I would, but I don't think they would take any notice of me anyway.

Also CEO's should not be there if they want to be politicians, stay away from those types (Castle & Greenberg), they are toxic supreme.

Above all learn from the mistakes & immortalise them, so in 50 years we still know where we went wrong during this horror period & they are never repeated.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
she allegedly new about back in 2018.
I asked this before...If true why wait till now?
If you read the original McClymont story it says the allegations were made in February 2020 and part of them was a text allegedly from Coorey from 2018. There is no evidence that Lynne knew anything prior to February 2020 and seems to be a common misconception given the way the article was written.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The back office needs to be fixed before we start winning games. For anyone (not saying you) to say it doesn't effect the teams on field performances while infighting is going on at board level is niaeve.

No club wins a premiership with divisions omongst the board.
Not saying it doesn't affect the team but it does not determine whether a team wins or losers.

It's naive to think a team is thinking about Lynne or Coorey during golden point.

The biggest issue will be how coaching staff react and that is the most important aspect of any back room issues.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not saying it doesn't affect the team but it does not determine whether a team wins or losers.

It's naive to think a team is thinking about Lynne or Coorey during golden point.

The biggest issue will be how coaching staff react and that is the most important aspect of any back room issues.
We can't even get to golden point lol

Anyway tough times. I guess we are all over the bullshit on and off the field and whatever anyones opinions we are all talking with passion.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate there’s no doubt there’s a little unrest but let’s not get carried away with the hysteria in the media. People are frustrated when the L’s mount irrespective of the circumstances

The Board were transparent from the point that they took over that 2018-2020 would effectively be a period of pain due to the dire state of the salary cap and playing stocks, which are very real issues. They were elected with the understanding of this from members.

2021 has always been the money year. If the overall improvement across results and brand of football isn’t there then the heat will well and truly be turned up and rightly so.
Well said

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
all of them need to be thrown out, call in an administrator, have them hire the best people for the job, no more of this dna bullshit of hiring ex players or their family

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you read the original McClymont story it says the allegations were made in February 2020 and part of them was a text allegedly from Coorey from 2018. There is no evidence that Lynne knew anything prior to February 2020 and seems to be a common misconception given the way the article was written.
Assuming you are right and Lynne knew about it in February 2020, we are in September now.
Do you honestly believe that Lynne's friend who is part of the drama did withheld the information from Lynne for two years ???
One way or another the truth must come out, the alleged misbehavior and the incompetence have caused enough harm.
The club and the supporters deserves better, a bright clean and new chapter should be opened !!!
The families who for decades entrenched themselves in the club must ask their conscience are they now doing more harm then good...Did I say conscience ???

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
all of them need to be thrown out, call in an administrator, have them hire the best people for the job, no more of this dna bullshit of hiring ex players or their family
Totally logical, as long as the corrupt NRL are not in control

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Assuming you are right and Lynne knew about it in February 2020, we are in September now.
Again, the article spells it out. It never said the complainants were: ‘Lynne’s friends’ - but that they had approached her, likely given her equal status to Correy as Chair and perhaps also as a woman there was less chance of any allegations being played down. The complainants wanted action before the election earlier this year - when it appeared that didn’t happen and Coorey was re-elected they were unhappy. As to why almost 6 months passed before it became public, well the article also suggests that a resolution was attempted internally during that time and when that failed, clearly the story was leaked. The question is by who, we know why it was leaked who it was leaked to...

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can't even get to golden point lol

Anyway tough times. I guess we are all over the bullshit on and off the field and whatever anyone's opinions we are all talking with passion.
Seriously besides the point.

Tough times, seen and been through worse, once were winning, we all be singing.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, the article spells it out. It never said the complainants were: ‘Lynne’s friends’ - but that they had approached her, likely given her equal status to Correy as Chair and perhaps also as a woman there was less chance of any allegations being played down. The complainants wanted action before the election earlier this year - when it appeared that didn’t happen and Coorey was re-elected they were unhappy. As to why almost 6 months passed before it became public, well the article also suggests that a resolution was attempted internally during that time and when that failed, clearly the story was leaked. The question is by who, we know why it was leaked who it was leaked to...
According to the whispers one of the complainants is a friend of Lynne :grinning:
Complainants wanted action before the election it didn't happen, to me it is a cover up to not rock the boat in a crucial time.
You sound like an intelligent man, Leaking the story now who does it serve better Lynne or George ?