Medical retire Foran!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Medically retire him. Its what the Eels did with Watmough to free up cap space. Footy is a business. Foran could never pass a complete medical. He was on rehab when we got him. He should still be on rehab. Pays comment in the presser - that we have nobody stepping up to control a game was a dig at Foran.
Yeh, it was a dig at Foran. And rightly so.
You can just tell he doesn't want him at the club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he is still getting around the field like an 80 year old by the end of the year one would hope Foran has the integrity to retire himself. If hes not good by the end of this season he will not improve ever. Hes too old to take a few years off to get his body right. Hes made plenty of money in the game for doing not much, its not like he will be in hardship if he retired. That said i was hoping he would get it together as he was a great player once, but its not looking like he will be able to recover. If he cant recover with our facilities, he cant recover.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have a look at Manly after 2011, JWH , Trex and a few other big forwards gone with nobody to replace them. How does the team keep doing well for a few years after? The left overs play above their weight and the backs play like forwards as well as backs. End result , they're all smacked up including Foran.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not 35 with a walking frame, I thought he did some good things at the Warriors and you gotta ask what the hell is wrong now, depression, gambling, sex, what?
Get him some help so he can enjoy playing and win us some games.
Shame on Castle for signing anybody on four years the way things are.
Castle wasn't involved in recruitment after she announced her resignation.
Foran & Woods was aĺl Dib.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Foran was at the Roosters (uncle nick wouldnt be that dumb to sign him anyways) he would be long gone without hurting their pockets.

Just ask Pearce, Nikorima, SKD & Carter

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a total waste of money. We can get more from Cleeland from ISP. He has speed and can destroy teams around the ruck with lazy forwards can’t keep up with the pace of the game. He also has a good kicking game. He won’t disappoint.
Welcome to the forum Josh

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Foran was at the Roosters (uncle nick wouldnt be that dumb to sign him anyways) he would be long gone without hurting their pockets.

Just ask Pearce, Nikorima, SKD & Carter
You mean we should plant drugs on him or in Pearce's case a dog?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he is still getting around the field like an 80 year old by the end of the year one would hope Foran has the integrity to retire himself. If hes not good by the end of this season he will not improve ever. Hes too old to take a few years off to get his body right. Hes made plenty of money in the game for doing not much, its not like he will be in hardship if he retired. That said i was hoping he would get it together as he was a great player once, but its not looking like he will be able to recover. If he cant recover with our facilities, he cant recover.
Don’t know if you know or not but Forans dad is the CEO of Walmart.

He would never have any money problems.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That guy has Matt Orford as his DP, must be Manly supporter enough said.

Seems like Hodko is doing ok at the Eagles. Also shot but appears in a much healthier state than Foran so no debating that till one of them breaks. The sad part is Hodko is on an appropriately priced contract whereas we are paying for a marquee.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admit apart from the early rounds foran has dropped off a lot. I still think he can offer us a lot in attack purely based on his pass selection and his willingness to go deep into the line (no.1 in the comp for line engagements). For him to be at all effective for us we need to get him a halves partner that can guide the side around and take control of the kicking game so he doesn't have to be involved in every single attacking play we run which he has had to do all year because jmk and frawley don't really take control at all. A guy like sezer or ideally norman (highly unlikely) would be perfect.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I admit apart from the early rounds foran has dropped off a lot. I still think he can offer us a lot in attack purely based on his pass selection and his willingness to go deep into the line (no.1 in the comp for line engagements). For him to be at all effective for us we need to get him a halves partner that can guide the side around and take control of the kicking game so he doesn't have to be involved in every single attacking play we run which he has had to do all year because jmk and frawley don't really take control at all. A guy like sezer or ideally norman (highly unlikely) would be perfect.
Foran was paid to take control as our half back....we don't need his frail arse limping to the line and getting tackled at league leading rates and his passing game is far from the best feature of his game. His passing game has been dead average, his running game has been dead average, his organisation has been non existent. He's been our biggest flop my a considerable margin. Stop fobbing his failures off onto Frawley and JMK- who both should be learning from him, not lugging his load.

The 2018 Kieran Foran sucks and is taking our club for a fuckin' ride.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran was paid to take control as our half back.

The 2018 Kieran Foran sucks and is taking our club for a fuckin' ride.
He's never been the control half back. Even at Manly he was known for his hard running and tackling.

Signing Foran when we didn't have a half partner was always going to be a problem/risk. At Manly he had DCE, Parramatta he had Norman/Gutherson, and Warriors he had Johnson.

This doesn't even take into account his physical and mental health which copped a battering at each club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's never been the control half back. Even at Manly he was known for his hard running and tackling.

Signing Foran when we didn't have a half partner was always going to be a problem/risk. At Manly he had DCE, Parramatta he had Norman/Gutherson, and Warriors he had Johnson.

This doesn't even take into account his physical and mental health which copped a battering at each club.
Yeah, I don't disagree.....but why the hell did we sign him when we needed an organisational player? To add insult to his litany of injuries, he's not performing in areas that have been traditionally considered strengths either. I have no idea what Dib was thinking letting that idiot Hasler sign him.....what a moron.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
.but why the hell did we sign him when we needed an organisational player? I have no idea what Dib was thinking letting that idiot Hasler sign him.....what a moron.
Desperate to keep their jobs. Distractions to avoid talking about pass failures. Failed at getting Tedesco. Imagine not signed Woods and Foran, the fans would be crazy. It's easy to understand why looking back.

Also Des MAY have been able to get more out of Foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.