Social Media Matt Lodge

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He only on a small deal as he was promised upgrade next year when JWH was to go to the superleague.

The then extended JWH and advise Lodge they can't upgrade as they don't have salary cap
Also Lodge isn't playing as well this year as he was last year.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't believe that. None of us know exactly what a player is on and in Sutton's case no $ reported. As an educated guess all things considered I'd say ~350k, which I still think is too much and no idea why we signed him to begin with regardless. Another Stimson/Waddell signing for me.
I think you might cry if you knew what Sutton was signed for. He was signed as an international middle on the rise. I think he is on a fair bit more than the $350k unfortunately. My guess would be closer to the $500 mark. Go back to the news stories when he was signed. He was a marquee signing at the time.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you might cry if you knew what Sutton was signed for. He was signed as an international middle on the rise. I think he is on a fair bit more than the $350k unfortunately. My guess would be closer to the $500 mark. Go back to the news stories when he was signed. He was a marquee signing at the time.
I'd say your definition of marquee is wrong. I'll give Gus benefit of the doubt until something is reported, but like I said ~350k was/is already too much.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say your definition of marquee is wrong. I'll give Gus benefit of the doubt until something is reported, but like I said ~350k was/is already too much.
I don’t have any links but I remember at the time he was a big signing. Canberra had the shits and dropped him immediately and from what I have seen hasn’t played a good game since.

I don’t give Gus any benefit on this one. This signing is Gus’s biggest cockup since coming onboard. Sutton signing was a double whammy. His signature was also the final nail in Vaughan staying because Sutton was the star player coming. and it turns out he is a reserve grader at best. He should be on no more than minimum but honestly I wouldn’t even have him on minimum. He should be moved on.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can’t watch another 8 games of getting ass raped up the middle by opposition forwards

Fk the so called culture good guys routine

We are an embarrassment-164 league worst defenders

Get the Kant in to do a job in the middle ffs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be Glad to have him to add some punch.. our pack are soft as shit.!!! Let’s play the game, fuck culture now we need some hard hitters.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re 100% signing him for the rest of the year. If he plays well we will sign him fuck just stay away please what a trap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of this at all. Absolute desperation signing. Who knows what he'd be after too. He's been shit for years. We need forwards but not overpaid duds with as much baggage as he has.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Take away the fact he is a shit **** off the field, he is fucking rubbish on the field.

The BYEdogs will slurp up the roosters sloppy seconds again and then wonder why our club has turned to shit.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t have any links but I remember at the time he was a big signing. Canberra had the shits and dropped him immediately and from what I have seen hasn’t played a good game since.

I don’t give Gus any benefit on this one. This signing is Gus’s biggest cockup since coming onboard. Sutton signing was a double whammy. His signature was also the final nail in Vaughan staying because Sutton was the star player coming. and it turns out he is a reserve grader at best. He should be on no more than minimum but honestly I wouldn’t even have him on minimum. He should be moved on.
benefit of the doubt he isn't on 500k

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The best news … confirmed, would be DOGGS sign Hunt and Lodge to try and do the impossible, and turn their season around. Miracles CAN happen !! Now that would be a headline to get excited about right now.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per fox sports -
“Lodge’s management had reportedly requested a release on two separate occasions over the last month and how the request has been granted.

Roosters powerbrokers reportedly have been unhappy with the former Warriors’ performances since he was told he wouldn’t be handed a new contract for next season.

His attitude has also been reported as a reason behind the club’s change of heart regarding his release request.”

The guy is bad news another dud signing coming up if true.
Roosters making room for Hunt maybe.

Lodge said he is own a low wage which in nrlol land means his release frees up a mil for the roosters