• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Matt Burton

Emdog85

Kennel Regular
Reaction score
panthers are not releasing Burton any time soon, They are going to drain every last ounce of football from him to help them get the through this season. Just like a someone selling a car on gumtree - you've sent the proof of payment but old mate has taken the car out for some burnouts until the money hits his account.
So don't buy a car off you then

brockodore

Kennel Regular
Reaction score
Yes. We had just under mil before Allen came over by the sounds of it, as we were looking at JAC and Burton for this year.
Yes but we spent apparently 400 on Allen and then the cap got cut 600,000 for this year. Thats the million. So now players would have to take a pay cut assuming they haven't already right ? Hopefully it get done this year but I'm not holding my breathe

doggieaaron

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes but we spent apparently 400 on Allen and then the cap got cut 600,000 for this year. Thats the million. So now players would have to take a pay cut assuming they haven't already right ? Hopefully it get done this year but I'm not holding my breathe
But every player had their $$ reduced by the % the cap decreases so wed have the same amount available

H-dog

Kennel Regular
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be paying full freight for Allen this year as the pay period started in 2020 for the 21 season