Opinion Matt Burton

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
panthers are not releasing Burton any time soon, They are going to drain every last ounce of football from him to help them get the through this season. Just like a someone selling a car on gumtree - you've sent the proof of payment but old mate has taken the car out for some burnouts until the money hits his account.
So don't buy a car off you then

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes. We had just under mil before Allen came over by the sounds of it, as we were looking at JAC and Burton for this year.
Yes but we spent apparently 400 on Allen and then the cap got cut 600,000 for this year. Thats the million. So now players would have to take a pay cut assuming they haven't already right ? Hopefully it get done this year but I'm not holding my breathe

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but we spent apparently 400 on Allen and then the cap got cut 600,000 for this year. Thats the million. So now players would have to take a pay cut assuming they haven't already right ? Hopefully it get done this year but I'm not holding my breathe
But every player had their $$ reduced by the % the cap decreases so wed have the same amount available

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be paying full freight for Allen this year as the pay period started in 2020 for the 21 season

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the reaction from the panther players to Burton after that try was quite strange, the other players embraced but he didn’t celebrate
It's been an inside joke, the media slammed the panthers last week over there 'arrogant' celebrations, one of which lead to the scuffle.

On social media this week some panthers players were practicing more appropriate celebrations and video taping themselves shaking hands as a middle finger to the media...

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the reaction from the panther players to Burton after that try was quite strange, the other players embraced but he didn’t celebrate
:laughing:

FFS: They were taking the piss out of the drama that they were arrogant in their try celebrations. So left players out & other times they shook hands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
:laughing:

FFS: They were taking the piss out of the drama that they were arrogant in their try celebrations. So left players out & other times they shook hands.
Matty has a sense of humour as well lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes me cringe when he runs so hard at the line. But to be honest has the frame to not only be a finess/play maker, but can tuck the ball under his arm and take hit ups. Every time to’o took the kick abd burton the first hit up the panthers would roll down hill like a run away car.

He is honestly a much better version of anasta and that’s saying something. Doesn’t lack speed either. Great pick up. Hope he has a long career in the blue and white.