News Matt Burton wants out

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it happens it happens. Would be good to cement our halves [pairing for the next few seasons now. But it's still a valuable commodity for Penrith to have an extra quality half as back up. If it were us in their position I wouldn't want to release a good option to benefit another team. I was annoyed that we let Reimis go for nothing in return when we aren't stacked with quality backs. So I can see why they're sticking to their guns. Doesn't mean I'm happy about the situation, but I understand Penrith being reluctant to let him go.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott was our best forward last year and you want to bench him
Could easily swop him with Waddell but I reckon Waddell will start the year there due to elliots missed part in pre season and Waddell won’t lose his spot I may be wrong

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First time I disagree with one of your comment. Burton like Averillo are young, in tough years have given the fans hope for the future. If Burton was with us last year no way he would get a bashing on here, If he was shit house like Lewis year after year I would agree with what you’re saying.
You will become used to d8sagreeing with him, and he with you!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol if you don’t think he could kill it on the wing you got no idea kids got pace to burn and a real
athlete
Doesn't matter what I think, he isn't playing there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BOOM! You are right mate forgot about that, just thickens the plot even further! Just let the kid go Cleary so we can start our dynasty a year earlier ffs! Fark Cleary is a big sour wet moot
I wouldn't even say it's sour grapes from Cleary. There's a chance that come origin time they'll need Burton even If injuries to their halves doesn't push him into the side sooner. Both their halves have been pushing for rep selection, so it's not beyond possible that they'll both get called up this year. It's like expecting someone to give you their spare tyre because you didn't get your flat tyre fixed. You may not need that spare tyre, but maybe you will. Could be the difference between pushing for the top four for them this year.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith fans demanding a player swap lol.... even throwing in Averillo in it lmaooooo what flops.... it’s time they get a little taste of klemmer flavour
we’ve been fucked over way too many times

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I wanted Burton to join early, I was happy he wasn’t kicking stones and whinging to the media for a release. It showed he has some integrity about him.

Now that’s he’s getting stuffed around by Ivan and the Panthers, I don’t care what he does as long as he gets an early release.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a lot stronger and how it should be

1. Allen
2. Ok
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Atoni
9. Katoa
10. Thompson
11. Waddel
12. Rfm
13. Jackson
14. Avo
15. Elliot
16. Hetho
17. Napa
With the new changes and expected quickness of the game. Do you think Katoa could keep up and play for 80 minutes to a hi standard? I like the side but. Maybe a Smith type on bench could cover back row hooker or center if needed. But I don’t know who to drop from you side

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
First time I disagree with one of your comment. Burton like Averillo are young, in tough years have given the fans hope for the future. If Burton was with us last year no way he would get a bashing on here, If he was shit house like Lewis year after year I would agree with what you’re saying.
He absolutely would get smashed because he wouldn't have been playing in a red hot Panthers side behind one of the best packs and would've been exposed. He's an inexperienced young half and is going to make mistakes and our fans have shown they are not very patient with this type of thing.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I reckon Burton gets released sometime before June, if Cleary and Luai both stay healthy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which player do you think Penrith might be interested in for trade ? We don’t have much haha

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to think Cleary was ok but it’s clear he’s just a salty bastard. But he’s not the only one to blame the CEO and others in the club are the same.

Burtons development will be stifled by staying at Penrith and being played out of positions, the Panthers have plenty of back ups in most positions.