News Matt Burton wants out

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want Burton but I also want Averillo to get a year at 5/8 :expressionless:
yeah its a difficult one....though a much better position than recent years when we didn't want to see any of our halves on the field!!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer them Wakeham, Lewis, DWZ and Napa. Take their pick or all 4 if they want. We got 3 decent halves options with Flanagan, Burton and Averillo plus Bailey-Bondi (?) as back-up. Only place it leaves Averillo though is wing or 14.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d love to know what stage things are at. Has he gone to the media now to get it over the line or is it a last ditch attempt to get negotiations going again?
it must be last ditch i imagine

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if Matt Burton comes and plays at 6 you bet your bottom dollar we'll be making the 8. Matt Burton along with the other signings like Allen, Cotric, Flange, Hethro etc...far out
wow back.....lets give them a chance to get things together & get some first grade experience...we have a number of other deficiencies which are regularly brought up here which need to be resolved as well!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah its a difficult one....though a much better position than recent years when we didn't want to see any of our halves on the field!!
100%
Burton is a solid starter where as the other clowns weve had for 5 years have been project players we hope come good

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Offer them Wakeham, Lewis and DWZ. We got 3 decent halves options with Flanagan, Burton and Averillo plus Bailey-Bondi (?) as back-up. Only place it leaves Averillo though is wing or 14.
Why would they take Wakeham and Lewis? They would know their not getting value out of the swap and I doubt they’d want DWZ back.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d love to know what stage things are at. Has he gone to the media now to get it over the line or is it a last ditch attempt to get negotiations going again?
It’s been ongoing. This is a last ditch effort. He’s tried to do things the right way but Ivan is a hypocrite turd

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s been ongoing. This is a last ditch effort. He’s tried to do things the right way but Ivan is a hypocrite turd
Yeah I knew that Burton and his parents had a meeting with Ivan before Xmas trying to get out but Penrith are digging their heals in by the looks of things.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they take Wakeham and Lewis? They would know their not getting value out of the swap and I doubt they’d want DWZ back.
Wishful thinking. We're stuck with them unfortunately. Wakeham made junior rep sides though so a slight possibility. I really don't think he could handle hooker for us. Too small to tackle monster forwards. He'd be a speed hump

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Barrett wants Burton so hard, he mustn’t have faith in Averillo filling the void. I’d love to see Avo get a shot, although don’t think he’d handle anywhere near a full year in top grade yet. Be even worse I suppose if Avo killed it next year then we have no place for Burton.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Corey
2. Averillo
3. Hop
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Atoni
9. Jmk
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliott
14. Hetherington
15. Napa
16. Waddell
17. Doorey
Strongest line up IMO and top 4 potential. Avo can cover injury in the halves and if outside back goes down throw a back rower out there