News Matt Burton wants out

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
absolutely he does what a champion young guy.
Also have to say he will make shifty look plain, a future club legend is coming(a bit like me sometimes when i watch him play :laughing: )

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kid was fucking outstanding tonight his stock’s are going up with every game he plays. I really hope he still ends up at the club.

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he gets used to the centre role then You can’t blame him if he suddenly doesn’t want to come. We are a cluster f*#k, light years from playing decent footy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People seriously need to stop worrying about him back flipping and bringing it up..

He wants to play half, you can't backflip on deals anymore, he's a good kid who is honouring his current deal so he'll honour this one. Plus he has a relationship with Barrett and @ASSASSIN said Burton himself confirmed he's coming and looking forward to the challenge....

Stop thinking worst case scenario when it's not going to happen and be thankful that we signed him.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People seriously need to stop worrying about him back flipping and bringing it up..

He wants to play half, you can't backflip on deals anymore, he's a good kid who is honouring his current deal so he'll honour this one. Plus he has a relationship with Barrett and @ASSASSIN said Burton himself confirmed he's coming and looking forward to the challenge....

Stop thinking worst case scenario when it's not going to happen and be thankful that we signed him.
Well if that’s the info provided by @ASSASSIN then we should be concerned. Strike rate not good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if that’s the info provided by @ASSASSIN then we should be concerned. Strike rate not good.
Forget any info if you don't trust it.. Use logic. He wants to come over, he wants to be a full time half, not a centre and he's a good kid who will honour the contract. Not to mention the club wouldn't let him out of the deal as players can't backflip anymore and he has a relationship with Barrett.

It's an absolute non story yet people keep mentioning it. It's ridiculous.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly people keep talking about him doing backflip but it's NEVER going to happen. It's like people don't understand how a contract works. I know jack shit about law but even I know what a friggin contract is. He cant "backflip" unless we agree to it....which we won't. Why the fuck would we ever do that? If he refuses to honour his contract then he'll likely be deregistered by the NRL as happened with SBW.

Also, he wants to play in the halves which he wont be able to do at Penrith.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly people keep talking about him doing backflip but it's NEVER going to happen. It's like people don't understand how a contract works. I know jack shit about law but even I know what a friggin contract is. He cant "backflip" unless we agree to it....which we won't. Why the fuck would we ever do that? If he refuses to honour his contract then he'll likely be deregistered by the NRL as happened with SBW.

Also, he wants to play in the halves which he wont be able to do at Penrith.
I know, it's crazy. But no.. He's supposed to backflip and want to play out of position in the centres for less money or be a bench player/backup to Cleary and Luai for a few more years instead remember?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he gets used to the centre role then You can’t blame him if he suddenly doesn’t want to come. We are a cluster f*#k, light years from playing decent footy.
We have 15 players off contract, 2009 says hi

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What’s all this if nonsense?

He’s signed, sealed and delivered. Not the type of kid who bavkflip on a deal and even if he wanted to, he couldn’t unless the club let him.

He will be here and we will have cash to burn to start putting the right players around him. Hopefully by the end of 2023, well he going well and he’ll honour his third year and look to extend.
I think the club choosing Luai over Burton will turn out to be their Anasta/ Thurston moment. Although Luai is obviously a better and more loyal bloke than Anasta. Burton will be much better.

Take a chill pill. Lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s better off where he is.

Let’s see which of the rabble we have this year shows any reason to keep them beyond this season by fighting through the shitness and adversity... Bulldogs survivor 2021