News Matt Burton wants out

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh yh we need depth, I just think our forwards were mostly pretty good if we forget the first 20. More metres per carry, more PC metres, faster play the ball, better tackle efficiency, etc. Elliott and Waddell also got through a lot of work, would've been interesting to see their numbers if they played the full 80...Waddell probably would've just had a couple of more dropped balls lol.
Elliot was super cool nsidering he had a hampered preseason thanks to him requiring surgery. He'll be a pocket rocket this year once his fitness improves along with atoni

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised panthers let Hetherington go especially considering they are short of middles this year. He wasn’t in their 17 last year but he would have been for sure this year. At a good price too.

Farkin palookas out there
Even better is that they are paying him to play for us too!
He had a great game, I hope he can kick on and have a great time at the Dogs!

Elliot was super cool nsidering he had a hampered preseason thanks to him requiring surgery. He'll be a pocket rocket this year once his fitness improves along with atoni
Elliot did well all things considered. He ran a great line for that try and looked good on his feet.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have said it before, Hetho will be REAL good for us.
Burton saga has nearly got to the 80 pages I predicted and still sweet f.all, sadly doesn't look good a release happening at all...I also worry for Flange getting hammered with no other decent 2nd fucking kicker.

Speaking of which, Burto's conversion attempt although wide looked to have easily a good 15 metres of carry from the sideline, looks like our budding champ can sure roost the hell out of a footy.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
HARDING??
I don't think you can drop someone from the top 30 unless it's a mutual agreement (which would cost Harding a lot of money, so I don't see why he would) or the player does something against the contract and he can be sacked. There are about 3 players who shouldn't be in our current top 30 imo (ones that were promoted this year). There must of been clauses in their final contract year for a guaranteed top 30 spot (or whoever made the decision is just inept).

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has he bulked up? he looked lean in the U20's but i haven't seen him of late and didnt notice him in the team photo at Xmas.

Looks like Deitz will not be available early in the season then?Quite risky to use the very last spot i suppose...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I heard on a podcast that the new rules for the top squad means Penrith need to keep Burton until the end of round 1 at least. After round 1 they can release a player and don't have to fill the spot in the squad saving cap space.
Hopefully that's the intention.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harding didn't appear in any line ups in the trials, nor did he appear in any of the injury reports..

So the mail about him leaving seems accurate..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to? The fact we play panthers in round 2 makes it seem a hopeful guess lol.

No disrespect.
Why should the Panthers be scared of us and if that was the reason they'd have a clause for 2021 where he can't play against the Panthers. I genuinely think they just want to keep the best back up half in the game and so would we if we were in their shoes.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
HARDING??
Barrett doesn’t rate him at all. He was shocked he was even signed on with us as he struggles to do the basics at training. He won’t stay beyond his current contract.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have said it before, Hetho will be REAL good for us.
Burton saga has nearly got to the 80 pages I predicted and still sweet f.all, sadly doesn't look good a release happening at all...I also worry for Flange getting hammered with no other decent 2nd fucking kicker.

Speaking of which, Burto's conversion attempt although wide looked to have easily a good 15 metres of carry from the sideline, looks like our budding champ can sure roost the hell out of a footy.
I have a feeling Hetherington will see suspensions along the way.
I love the aggression, just hope he keeps a cool head.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling Hetherington will see suspensions along the way.
I love the aggression, just hope he keeps a cool head.
He seemed pretty cool and professional in the trial.. maybe the boys around him have helped tone the agro down or he just doesnt fill obligated anymore considering Ogden has taken the responsibility of the illegal shiz.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why should the Panthers be scared of us and if that was the reason they'd have a clause for 2021 where he can't play against the Panthers. I genuinely think they just want to keep the best back up half in the game and so would we if we were in their shoes.
Actually we are pretty soft when it comes to releasing players...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually we are pretty soft when it comes to releasing players...
But we'd want to keep him and the club should learn from this moving forward, unless we're getting a beneficial trade.