News Matt Burton wants out

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what do you mean are either Cleary or Luai out? if no he can't play in the halves so.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what’s your answer as in why they are playing burton at centre this week? Surely taking the piss now?
What is he/the Panthers playing in? I found it, NSW Cup trial.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
from what I can see only the Flegg side has been announced.
"Interestingly, Bulldogs-bound Matt Burton has been named in the centres for Penrith’s NSW Cup trial against Canterbury on Saturday.

Burton is at the centre of a tug-of-war between Penrith and the Bulldogs over his decision to move to Belmore from 2022.

The Bulldogs desperately want Burton to be released from Penrith immediately.

But in an indication from the Panthers of why they’re refusing to let the young talent go, Cleary has selected Burton at left-centre, with new recruit Paul Momorovksi named at right-centre for this weekend’s hit-out." - DT

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"Interestingly, Bulldogs-bound Matt Burton has been named in the centres for Penrith’s NSW Cup trial against Canterbury on Saturday.

Burton is at the centre of a tug-of-war between Penrith and the Bulldogs over his decision to move to Belmore from 2022.

But in an indication from the Panthers of why they’re refusing to let the young talent go, Cleary has selected Burton at left-centre, with new recruit Paul Momorovksi named at right-centre for this weekend’s hit-out." - DT
Just saw that. I swear if Ivan trolls the lot of us and plays him at centre all year. This club is why I'm going bald in my 30s.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just saw that. I swear if Ivan trolls the lot of us and plays him at centre all year. This club is why I'm going bald in my 30s.
Won't it be
If he trials at right centre the maybe..but if he's on the left then it looks like he's behind Crichton/Momo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton and Momo will be the NRL starting centres imo. If Burton was named at right centre that'd be more interesting (unless Crichton can play on the right?). I feel for Burton's development if he's forced to play left centre in reserves all year being back-up to Crichton.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here Crichton injured:

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that gun Panthers centre Stephen Crichton has suffered a minor foot injury, which will impact his pre-season build-up.

While not considered to be serious, Crichton is rated only a 50-50 chance for the club’s final pre-season trial match against Parramatta on February 27.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"another year at Penrith will be beneficial to Matt's development"

Ivan wears gloves for jocks, couldn't be so silly as to be playing with only one cock :laughing:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Ivan knows Burton 100% wants to leave NOW so he can play FG in the 6 jersey (his preferred position) and Penrith are willing to let him go for a player swap but now Ivan wants to fuck with the kid by playing him at centre (even though he hasn't spent the off season training there) INSTEAD of naming him at 6. So now he's not even good enough to be the CC 6....fucking lol. Wasnt he supposed to be a backup for Clearly/Luai....then why the hell is he playing in the centres when they have much more depth there than in the halves?

It's one thing to fuck with the club and Baz, but to do it to Burton is just a dick move.

Hopefully after Burton gets his 4-5 touches (standard for a centre) he comes to the realisation that his coach is a wanker and that he needs to play by the same rules to get an early release. Burton needs to start doing a Klemmer....it's the only way he'll get an early release.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if Crichton is injured, playing Burton at centre in a trial isn't really necessary. They're not bound by any top 30 restrictions in a trial so they could literally play anyone else there to give them experience. It really does seem like Ivan is taking the piss at this point.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now we know why Cleary won’t let Burton go, he has stood down Naden for four weeks. Hopefully we get Burton after that.