News Matt Burton wants out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Ivan knows Burton 100% wants to leave NOW so he can play FG in the 6 jersey (his preferred position) and Penrith are willing to let him go for a player swap but now Ivan wants to fuck with the kid by playing him at centre (even though he hasn't spent the off season training there) INSTEAD of naming him at 6. So now he's not even good enough to be the CC 6....fucking lol. Wasnt he supposed to be a backup for Clearly/Luai....then why the hell is he playing in the centres when they have much more depth there than in the halves?

It's one thing to fuck with the club and Baz, but to do it to Burton is just a dick move.

Hopefully after Burton gets his 4-5 touches (standard for a centre) he comes to the realisation that his coach is a wanker and that he needs to play by the same rules to get an early release. Burton needs to start doing a Klemmer....it's the only way he'll get an early release.
If it's true, Cleary will get what he deserves in the near future.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So it's a fairly stacked Penrith side playing against Mounties?
I Remember when our Reggie side beat a full strength Panthers side with James Maloney in a trial match a couple years ago.
Expect the same this time

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Interestingly, Bulldogs-bound Matt Burton has been named in the centres for Penrith’s NSW Cup trial against Canterbury on Saturday.

Burton is at the centre of a tug-of-war between Penrith and the Bulldogs over his decision to move to Belmore from 2022.

The Bulldogs desperately want Burton to be released from Penrith immediately.

But in an indication from the Panthers of why they’re refusing to let the young talent go, Cleary has selected Burton at left-centre, with new recruit Paul Momorovksi named at right-centre for this weekend’s hit-out." - DT
Where can I find that mate?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw that. I swear if Ivan trolls the lot of us and plays him at centre all year. This club is why I'm going bald in my 30s.
I was giving ivan the benefit of the doubt but it does come across as spiteful by playing him in the centres in CC. Especially after they publicly said he is next in line in the halves, to then go play him in the centres is a dick move regardless of an injury to Crichton.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw that. I swear if Ivan trolls the lot of us and plays him at centre all year. This club is why I'm going bald in my 30s.
OP how can you claim to be old if only in your 30's?!?! You are still a young buck my brother!

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OP how can you claim to be old if only in your 30's?!?! You are still a young buck my brother!
It's a reference to How much the game has changed in my time. My first game was the 90/91 GFs recorded on VHS.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that mate. How bad is it? I was going bald on my crown (for about 10 years) but in the last 9 months I've been using some topical shit and now it's about 90% regrown. There is hope for regrowing it back

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair they were planning on playing burton centre this year all along .
Although I thought the signing off momrovski would change that, Looks like it’s still on the cards .

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair they were planning on playing burton centre this year all along .
Although I thought the signing off momrovski would change that, Looks like it’s still on the cards .
Yeah as far as we knew that's what would happen as he developed his body for second row/lock. Momirovski has only been here a week or 2.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah as far as we knew that's what would happen as he developed his body for second row/lock. Momirovski has only been here a week or 2.
Yep , burton just wants out as he would prefer to play 5/8 and move on to his future club .
Penrith are actually playing hardball as they would prefer to keep him .
Only time they would release him is if they believe they can gain somewhere else .
Apart from that they have him in their plans .
It’s frustrating for us but it is what it is .