Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeeeew!!!!!!!!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, hopefully burton can get in staggs ear and tell him to come across, i think there mates from memory, both mid west nsw boys
Dubbo and wellington

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll never forget listening to Gus Gould on his podcast early last year floating his own boat about all the talent he had out there at Penrith (this was whilst he was still in charge there). He went on to specifically talk about Nathan Cleary & the depth in the halves out there. He then said something like, we still haven't seen the best from out there play in 1st grade yet & explained that he will never forget the first day he saw Matt Burton at training & new straight away that he was somone special. He said "Infact, I think he's the best of the lot of them".

Burton The Bulldog..... Happy Days!!!!

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is this official? Seems like there has been so much speculation around this. If it's true not sure why penrith would not release him. Do t they would want to develop him for another club. Unless they just want some depth.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this official? Seems like there has been so much speculation around this. If it's true not sure why penrith would not release him. Do t they would want to develop him for another club. Unless they just want some depth.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the young fella a blue and white headgear, he can play with it even if wearing black next year. Awesome news for the club and us supporters.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we bombed the recruitment with that “other” half who used to wear headgear, but we’ve nailed this.

Congratulations board/recruitment, another piece of good work.
it wasn't so much bombed recruitment with that "other" half it was more to do with what happened earlier that year in the off season.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, what's the chances of getting him for 2021? Do we even have the cap space?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we don't sign Benji on 400k like what the reports are saying then yes.
400k was what he was looking for at the Cowboys, maybe due to moving to QLD. I don't think Benji will get anything near 400k personally.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah theres another signing coming in the next week or two lol
so keep checking
maybe step it up to every 2 mins
Damn it! Any clues mate?, so I can check Instagram and wiki to confirm Haha

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, the one day I'm not at my desk checking TK every 2 minutes is the day he finally signs.

Even though I just got raped by my dentist, when I checked my phone and found out we had signed Burton, I was in such a good mood I decided to let the unexpected $800 raping slide. C***s better hope we sign Grant the next time that happens or there will be hell to pay

Hopefully we spend the next month badgering Penrith for an early release. If that doesn't work, sign Benji on a minimum wage deal just before Christmas. If we get Burton and JAC next year, FMD we can actually make the top 4. Holy crap that would be nice.

What has me even more excited is that D-Voice (Andrew Hill) has said there is more shit to come and soon - early release for Burton, JAC, B.Smith???

Credit to D-Voice, Assassin, Bulldogsteve, Malla and Dexter35 who all said this was happening...and of course Nasheed who was actually the first guy that said we were talking to him months ago.