Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get the young fella a blue and white headgear, he can play with it even if wearing black next year. Awesome news for the club and us supporters.
and a Doggies mouth guard to complete it :grinning: So when he smiles everyone knows where he is headed in 2022 if not sooner.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton to us in 2022, it gives wakeham a chance to show he's better than flanagan and then halves of wakeham and burton in 2022

Messing with you guys relax
Wakeham better than Flanagan? As the great McEnroe often said, you CANNOT be serious. When Wakeham is playing in the halves the opposition morale improves exponentially.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You beauty, as one of the more impatient Fkrs on this letssinghallelujaheveryone.Needed to read that TODAY #fuckennpumped Go Dogs :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
400k was what he was looking for at the Cowboys, maybe due to moving to QLD. I don't think Benji will get anything near 400k personally.
Theres been news on here even saying that he might be going for the same here, I never said I wanted him and I don't think hes worth it but thats just the news.

Reactions: DDR

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres been news on here even saying that he might be going for the same here, I never said I wanted him and I don't think hes worth it but thats just the news.
Agree if was half that it would be a good deal.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny that only 6 months ago Lynne came out and said she was overly optimistic and she likes to push boundaries and 3 years was not enough for a rebuild...... And she said Parra and Knights too 5-6 years........

Not a lynne bashing post....... But what the fuck have parra and newcastle won? And we were basing our rebuild model around them? Thank goodness Hill's shackles were released and he could run the club better. And hats off to the new board and chairperson. Very astute roster compositions.

And to think we werent going to be able to make any major moves for another 3 years :unamused:

The only players Parra/knights signs are overpaid hacks that come in and do nothing (Ferguson, Pearce, Mculluch, Klemmer etc).

Thank goodness the people in power have the right vision for moving forward...... and not only that but they are getting it done. Dont remember the last time we signed quality like Burton and Cotric in the same year (possibly greenberg and moore in 08-09).

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't realise Magnussen was a Dogs fan.

Should bring James in to the club, to get the boys up to scratch with their fitness and supplements programs
Hes a massive dogs fan, one of the biggest

Knew him through a friend, never really kicked on after the stillnox thing unfortunately. Hes now well retired at 28/29

Last edited: